User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [CIBR] Mecha Phatom Beast Raitten

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[CIBR] Mecha Phatom Beast Raitten

A new Mecha Phantom Beast appears, designed to help get Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens out onto the field.

CIBR-JP030 幻獣機ライテン Genjyuuki Raiten (Mecha Phatom Beast Raitten)
    Level 4 WIND Machine-Type Effect Monster
    ATK 1500
    DEF 1500
    (1) You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 “Mecha Phantom Beast Token” (Machine/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0), but for the rest of this turn, you cannot use monsters as materials for a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or Link Summon, except for “Mecha Phantom Beast” monsters.
    (2) This card’s Level is increased by the total Levels of all “Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens” you control.
    (3) While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.

Seems simple but this card ISN'T once per turn. But you can't summon anything else which could be detrimental. Also it doesn't help consistency.
    Last edited by darkgod789; 25th June 2017 at 09:49 AM.
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and simple support for Mecha Phantom Beasts. Not bad.
    Guess the leak was true. Now we wait to see the Noble Knight support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This card would be better if was ALSO a tuner, y´know? To get the LV7 MPB Concoruda and then maybe XYZ into MPH Dracossack?
    I mean sounds ok but meh

["Tangerines kick ass"]___________________["White Dragon Rules"]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not awesome, but good enough to deserve the 2/3 of. It's a easy-to-use token generator THAT CAN CREATE A TOKEN WITHOUT NEEDING OTHER CARDS (I'm looking at you, Raptor and Harrliard). I'm a bit sad that you have to discard 1, but at least you can combo it with O-lion.

I hope more cards are on the way. Hopefully a field spell card.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap, this card is actually not that bad! Sure, you've got to discard a card, but you can combo that with O-Lion and it's not even One Per Turn.

Also, I think people are misreading its "restriction." It does not prevent you from summoning non-MPB monsters, but it does prevent you from using non-MPB monsters as materials to summon monsters from the Extra Deck.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Not awesome, but good enough to deserve the 2/3 of. It's a easy-to-use token generator THAT CAN CREATE A TOKEN WITHOUT NEEDING OTHER CARDS (I'm looking at you, Raptor and Harrliard). I'm a bit sad that you have to discard 1, but at least you can combo it with O-lion.

I hope more cards are on the way. Hopefully a field spell card.
    Unfortunately, considering how good this card is, I wouldn't hold my breath for more support. However, I agree with you that they need a good Field Spell. If Konami gives them that and maybe one more Tuner like O-Lion, I would say Mecha Phantom Beasts would be much better than before. This would make me, along with many other people, very happy.

The fact that it prevents you from using other monsters as materials for Fusion, Link, etc., makes me questions if we're going to get a Fusion Monster or Link Monster. Now that would be interesting.
    Last edited by Yuuri; 25th June 2017 at 03:19 PM.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Registered User ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AY MY OLD MAIN DECK IS GETTING SUPPORT

Hopefully there's more support coming with this, and if Noble Knights end up getting support too then I'll be more than satisfied.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt View Post
    AY MY OLD MAIN DECK IS GETTING SUPPORT
    My thoughts exactly. Glad that it's decent support this time around, as well.

Now I wonder if we're going to get a new boss monster to go hand-in-hand with this monster.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I had a feeling we'd get new MPB support in the Link era. (Never heard of these rumored leaks, though. Lord do I not want new Noble Knight support, they fundamentally do not work and every attempt to make them more consistent still proves that fact.) It just makes sense when they create tokens and their weird level-gain effect ironically makes them pretty damn inconsistent for Xyz and Synchros especially. A Link deck with them makes much more sense.
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 25th June 2017 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This lets the archetype make Xyz on their first turn with O-lion but I don't know what else the deck uses that wants to be in the grave other than Blue-Impalase. I guess Coltwing to reborn and trigger with Hamstrat? It also helps to quickly fill up your field with tokens for a huge Scramble Scramble but that requires a huge investment.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My faith in Konami is slowly being Restored....

also that one guy that kept bitching for more MPB Support that long ass time ago probably had a heart attack
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.