User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [COTD] More Sneak Peek Info

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[COTD] More Sneak Peek Info

And a comment why the Sneak Peek card is being hidden this time around.

First Off, the Mat for the “Code of the Duelist” Sneak Preview is one themed around Yusaku’s upcoming ace monster, Firewall Dragon!

Also, Konami’s European Staff have said they can’t reveal Vendread Houndhorde just yet, unlike past Sneak Preview cards, and that it’ll be revealed some time in July, and the reasons why they’re being so secretive about it will make all the sense in the world once it’s finally revealed to the public.

So, my guess is, it's a Link monster, and they want to wait until Link Strike comes out to reveal it. The shadowed card ooks vaugely orange, but it also doesn't look like it has any level stars, so the frame they're using here might not have anything to do with the actual card.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    but it also doesn't look like it has any level stars
    ????

Cubic, Cyber Angel, Gimmick Puppet, Lunalight, Lyrilusc, Melodious, Performapal Odd-Eyes Magician, Phantom Knights, Predaplant, Qli, Raidraptor, Speedroid, Supreme King Magician, Windwitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XBrain130 View Post
    ????

People have already reversed the shop effects?
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    People have already reversed the shop effects?
    I just ran auto-tone on PS. The stars were already visible if you actually look closely.
    Cubic, Cyber Angel, Gimmick Puppet, Lunalight, Lyrilusc, Melodious, Performapal Odd-Eyes Magician, Phantom Knights, Predaplant, Qli, Raidraptor, Speedroid, Supreme King Magician, Windwitch

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two problems with it being a Link monster.

1. We've already had info saying that there are 10 Link monsters in the set, which would be all that was present in the OCG version.
    2. You can make out outline info, and the border of the card is that of an Effect Monster.

If I were to guess why it hasn't been revealed, I'd go with instead of 2 Generic Support cards, and two 4 card themes, we're getting two 5 card themes from now on. Like with "SYPRAL" and "Subterror", one theme is going to be revealed by the US, and one by the EU. "Vendread Houndhorde" is a member of the theme that is the US's to advertise, so can't be revealed first by the EU pages, which is where this stuff is coming from.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that Korea doesn't get its own promo, I really dislike the TCG's style of largely just making new archtypes, usually in a pattern of overpowered, underpowered, unfun to play, fun to play. It's clear that archtpyes like Burning Abyss and Kozmos were there just to make a fuckton of money by rushing out an OP deck that then gets banned into oblivion a few formats later. Even though Norden itself wasn't very well thought-out, I vastly prefer Korea's style of making interesting one-off cards that could someday find some hilarious use in a deck totally not meant for them, rather than cards that were born to be banned. Still waiting for a deck to make good use of Carrot Man...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Now that Korea doesn't get its own promo, I really dislike the TCG's style of largely just making new archtypes, usually in a pattern of overpowered, underpowered, unfun to play, fun to play. It's clear that archtpyes like Burning Abyss and Kozmos were there just to make a fuckton of money by rushing out an OP deck that then gets banned into oblivion a few formats later. Even though Norden itself wasn't very well thought-out, I vastly prefer Korea's style of making interesting one-off cards that could someday find some hilarious use in a deck totally not meant for them, rather than cards that were born to be banned. Still waiting for a deck to make good use of Carrot Man...
    I disagree, I find TCG exclusive decks to be original and mostly fun to play, and a fine side choice when OCG cards in a set are uninteresting or just don't fit your preferred playstyles. I still haven't seen any card from those TCG decks being banned, and I don't think any of them is banworthy. Korea has even made its own deck, Burgesstoma, and I think it's a very interesting deck. On the other hand, many one-off cards are just bad cards that almost no one will play, like that wasted "Extinction on Schedule" from TCG. What I dislike from TCG is them restricting and banning generic cards instead of restricting the archetype-limited stuff, many of which is from them and so they promote it too much.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post
    I disagree, I find TCG exclusive decks to be original and mostly fun to play, and a fine side choice when OCG cards in a set are uninteresting or just don't fit your preferred playstyles. I still haven't seen any card from those TCG decks being banned, and I don't think any of them is banworthy. Korea has even made its own deck, Burgesstoma, and I think it's a very interesting deck. On the other hand, many one-off cards are just bad cards that almost no one will play, like that wasted "Extinction on Schedule" from TCG. What I dislike from TCG is them restricting and banning generic cards instead of restricting the archetype-limited stuff, many of which is from them and so they promote it too much.
    Beatrice is limited. Cir is limited. Graff is limited. Kozmo Dark Destroyer is limited. Tour Guide is limited and is essentially a Burning Abyss card in everything but name. (Likewise for Emergency Teleport for Kozmo.) Meanwhile the OCG has Dante limited and Scarm went from limited to semi-limited. None of them are banned, but enough of the key cards are limited, especially for Burning Abyss, to function as a kill-switch for the deck. It's not that one particular card is overpowered, it's that an entire archtype of graveyard floaters is dumb. I agree that there are some fun and interesting TCG archtypes, the problem is that those tend to be the worse ones, as the TCG is terrible when it comes to properly balancing shit. Noble Knights are cool but trash since equip spells (and ritual spells) are inherently the worst type of cards in the game. Burning Abyss do what I hate most, i.e. give almost every card a slight variation on the exact same archtype effect, not once but thrice. Way too simple, way too powerful. U.A.'s were interesting but abysmally weak with only one L4 monster to start combos with. The TCG then remade them excessively powerful with Kozmos, giving them tons of L4- monsters with both powerful tutor effects and an ability to, at any time, swap itself out with a powerful boss monster with a field effect, immunity to enemy targeting and a floating effect upon destruction. Now we have the Subterrors which just feel awkward to play despite being a relatively cool idea and the SPYRAL, with way too many powerful tutor and invincibility cards based around the idea of "what if you could have multiple copies of a Bujin-esque monster out?" that only has, like, 3 cards that use the actually cool idea of "guess your opponent's top deck to activate effects" that got pushed to the side for more immunity to targeting and destruction.

Don't get me wrong, some of the TCG cards have been cool, but they almost always get overshadowed by the generically powerful shit. I just think we've had enough new archtypes that get phased out through banlists as a cash grab and could use some more varied cards. Also, I like Extinction On Schedule. The idea of being such a mastermind as to plan out what the board will be like in several turns has appealed to me ever since Jaden used Climax Hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I agree with you. TCG purposely designed BA and Kozmo to be overpowered money making decks and the tcg is notorious for making cards that are un-healthy for the game and negatively define a format such as with tour guide and tengu. You can tell they don't care for balance with some of their cards and they even know it to such an extent that they print certain cards at high rarity for profit and they won't ban or limit something they make unless it has been in circulation for a long time or if the archetypes support is nearing its end, I mean look at Dante who always dodged the list despite being so prominent as a generic set up card.

But Spyrals and subterrors were a nice change of pace, sadly some of the rarities hurt playing these decks which are not too great in the first place. I still think Tcg cards are a bit more fun and creative than Korean exclusives, but only when they are not cards that make the game more of a mess than it already is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I agree with you. TCG purposely designed BA and Kozmo to be overpowered money making decks and the tcg is notorious for making cards that are un-healthy for the game and negatively define a format such as with tour guide and tengu. You can tell they don't care for balance with some of their cards and they even know it to such an extent that they print certain cards at high rarity for profit and they won't ban or limit something they make unless it has been in circulation for a long time or if the archetypes support is nearing its end, I mean look at Dante who always dodged the list despite being so prominent as a generic set up card.

But Spyrals and subterrors were a nice change of pace, sadly some of the rarities hurt playing these decks which are not too great in the first place. I still think Tcg cards are a bit more fun and creative than Korean exclusives, but only when they are not cards that make the game more of a mess than it already is.
    I kinda feel you're being to harsh on the TCG side, generally speaking.

Beyond that, interestingly enough, usually I hear complains about how the TCG World Premieres are too over-balanced or what have you. (Burning Abyss and Kozmo tend to get glossed over when those complaints are laid out.)