User Tag List

Thread: Trickstar Lycoris Combo Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answered: Trickstar Lycoris Combo Question

This would be a dream scenario but I want to clarify:

Turn 1: I go first and by the end of my turn, I have Trickstar Lycoris face up on my field, Dark Room of Nightmare face up on my field, Trickstar Light Stage face up in my Field Spell Zone and Trickstar Reincarnation set facedown.

Turn 2: My opponent draws a card during the Draw Phase. Lycoris effect activates inflicting 200 damage. Light Stage activates inflicting 200 damage for the damage inflicted by Lycoris. DRoN activates inflicting 600 total damage for both Lycoris and Light Stage inflicting damage. (Total effect damage on Turn 2 part 1 = 1000)

Next during the Standby Phase, I activate my facedown Trickstar Reincarnation. My opponent banishes 6 cards and draws 6 cards. For each of the 6 times my opponent draws, Lycoris will deal 200 damage 6 times, then Light Stage will deal 200 damage 6 times for the 6 times Lycoris inflicted damage, then DRoN will deal 300 damage 12 times for both Lycoris and Light Stage inflicting damage 6 times each. (Total effect damage on Turn 2 part 2 = 6000)

Is this scenario correct or am I counting each time and the effects activating in response incorrectly?
    Last edited by KingKaash; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:16 AM.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

2. "wow, don't get these here very often anymore

your first part is correct. Lycoris activates, then in another chain DroN AND Light Stage go off, then DroN again in a third chain

but for Reincarnation, the 6 cards are drawn at once, so Lycoris does her Damage in 1 go. if they draw 6, she deals 1200 damage at once, not 6 instances of 200.
    so with DroN, it totals to 1500. then Light Stage and DroN again for another 400 for a grand total of 2900 damage"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, don't get these here very often anymore

your first part is correct. Lycoris activates, then in another chain DroN AND Light Stage go off, then DroN again in a third chain

but for Reincarnation, the 6 cards are drawn at once, so Lycoris does her Damage in 1 go. if they draw 6, she deals 1200 damage at once, not 6 instances of 200.
    so with DroN, it totals to 1500. then Light Stage and DroN again for another 400 for a grand total of 2900 damage
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:13 AM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    wow, don't get these here very often anymore

so with DroN, it totals to 1500. then Light Stage and DroN again for another 400 for a grand total of 2900 damage
    Darn it I had a feeling I was too hopeful. The use of the word "each" in each of these cards made me think otherwise. Thanks Dread.

Yea I think everyone is feeling out the rules of Links first before they get to the crazy combo questions
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    To be precise, Lycoris will apply her Continuous effect, then Lightstage will apply its Continuous effect immediately after (no actually activations at this point). Following that, Dark Room of Nightmare will activate twice back-to-back, forming a 2-Link Chain with itself, and if nothing else is added to that Chain, will resolve as expected.