User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [CIBR] Early Leaks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it's worth it to add 1 random copy of Alter of the Mind's Eye to my deck just for fun. On the plus side, it gives Assembly Nightingale a nice buff while she has less than 5 materials, but on the neg side, it does nothing when she has 5 (except maybe reducing some big damage I would take) and nerfs her when she has more. Besides, I already run Unstable Evolution and Stoic Challenge, which do the same job but much better.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving all that Nostalgia
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rygoken View Post
    Surprised that metaphys didn't get a synchro guess this is a decatron situation.
    Check Metaphys Horus.
    We have had Metaphys monsters before this, even a normal monster (Metaphys Armed Dragon)

Oh, wow. I never thought that the Slacker Magician & Alchemic Magician story is still going, even with a newcomer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    *Sees Rival Arrival*

Meanwhile, a certain GX Anime card cries in a corner. Like that card, this will be handy in Cyberdarks.

Besides that, more Ojama support is awesome by itself while Dark Angel's artwork is great (although, the only reason to use the latter is flavor).
    Glad to see I'm wasn't the only one who remembered Quick Summon immediately upon seeing this card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People may say that this cards are bad, but i like them all. None of them is a "HOLY SHIT IS A MUST 3 IN EVERY DECK" like some of the latest cards (im looking to you ash blossom), but they are unique and gimmick and i like that. You have to think were you can use them or how to use them correctly and not just smack em in any deck to profit.

By example, nimble beaver is a great addition to a tanuki deck for an instant r2nk, and striborg have synergys with a lot of cards

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crawlers... they seem to me a watered down version of Shaddolls. They have FLIP effects, and grave effects. The difference with Shaddolls is that, while Shaddolls trigger their effects almost always, Crawlers are triggered only if sent to the GY by an opponent's effect. And, while in Shaddolls you could use face-down monsters (and mosters in the deck) as materials, Crawlers need face-up monsters on the field.

Other cards aren't even worth a mention. What should I say?
    Doriado doesn't support its theme in any way, it's gimmicky and very difficult to summon, and even then, it just isn't worth.
    If Ojama Duo had a "Cannot be used as Xyz, Synchro, or Link material", it wouldn't suck.
    Bamboo Sword and Nimble supports? And this set also has column-based cards... WOAH, THIS IS CYBERDARK IMPACT 2.0.

Overall opinion on the set:
    - No variety in summoning conditions;
    - Most of the legacy supports suck or aren't good enough (Mecha Phantom Beast, Mermail, Fire King, Ojama, Doriado);
    - Metaphys are boring and annoying both to play and duel against, so thank you Konami.
    - Useless column-based cards that don't do anything to improve the mechanic.
    - THAT GODDAMN STRUGGLING BATTLE. WHO THE HELL DESIGNED THAT CARD.
    Last edited by BBDD; 6th July 2017 at 10:50 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you implying that tokens need a 'cant be used as xyz material' clause because hoo boy buddy i have news for you

from what i'm hearing from ojama players, this card is absolutely amazing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamaw View Post
    are you implying that tokens need a 'cant be used as xyz material' clause because hoo boy buddy i have news for you

As an ojama player: it's decent, obviously the new rules make both this card's first effect and ojama trio bad, but the second effect can combo very nicely with ojama country, discard it to summon something from the graveyard, go +2 next turn, you could even leave it in the graveyard and when the opponent declares a direct attack, you can banish it to summon an ojama blue and something else to protect your life points (and get 2 searches when blue is destroyed by battle.)

Also, the deck has access to mannequin cat, you could do gimmicky stuff like, activate it to summon any light or beast from the deck, krystia, artifacts, kalantosa and rescue cat being good targets for example.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamaw View Post

Whops. I already know that tokens cannot be used as xyz materials, it was just an error ^^
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tokens cannot be used as Xyz materials, but I find kind of stupid that Token-summoning cards still include the clause that they cannot be used for a Tribute Summon. In old Yugioh it still made some sense since most monsters with good effects and stats were Tribute Summonable (and even then those weren't the best, the best were still Special Summon-only or low-Level monsters). But in the last ten years that hasn't been true in any way, the most powerful monsters shifted to being Special Summon-only monsters, which include Extra Deck monsters, and Tribute Summon monsters fell into the category of the worst monsters, the ones that nobody uses unless they are part of an archetype with some broken cards that make them worthy.

In today's Yugioh Token-summoning cards should include a clause preventing the Tokens from being used to Summon Extra Deck monsters: Synchros and Links (Fusion isn't necessary as it isn't that abusable), because that are the most powerful monsters nowadays (along with Xyz Monsters) and which should be hindered, and not preventing them for being for a Tribute Summon, on the contrary, Tribute Summons should be privileged in today's game for being the worst type of Summon and encourage players to use it more. But cards still include that senseless "these tokens cannot be used for a Tribute Summon" which makes me think Konami doesn't care too much about the game, and this is more patent when they release cards like this Ojama Duo in 2017. That card isn't bad at all, but could have been better if Konami made a tiny effort.
    Last edited by Yugi.feder03; 6th July 2017 at 11:34 PM.