User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [VP17] Trickstar Bloody Mary

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettel View Post
    We have more than 15 types. So for me at least three out of six is too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Agreed. And it's not like Fairies were a random choice, they're there to enforce mildly sexist ideas about what kind of power most conventional, attractive females should wield. Hence the beautiful, the healing, the tricky/deceiving, etc. Not wrestlers, not 1337 haxor skillz, not superheroes or mechanics or even fucking circus shit. If Konami just threw a dart on a board with different types and happened to pick Fairy 3 times, it'd be one thing, but it's the conscious choice that pisses me off.
    Yes. And why do we have to have multiple female leads with this feminine fairy deck trend. Why can't we have a female lead with a female deck inspired by... I dunno, how about Samus from the Metroid series.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Actually the Japanese dude only came up with サイバース and the professional translators at the English-speaking country turned it into Cyberse.
    And because names are critically important in Yu-Gi-Oh, and things with サイバー in their name have already been translated as "Cyber", the guy who was given that and told to put it in English had his hands tied. It's Cyberse, not Cyverse, and there's nothing that can change that, because of a decision made in 2005.

On the subject of this card, I like it, although it's arrows are a little wonky looking. Asymmetrical arrows don't look right to me, even though they open up a ton of different arrow formations.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettel View Post
    We have more than 15 types. So for me at least three out of six is too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    And because names are critically important in Yu-Gi-Oh, and things with サイバー in their name have already been translated as "Cyber", the guy who was given that and told to put it in English had his hands tied. It's Cyberse, not Cyverse, and there's nothing that can change that, because of a decision made in 2005.

On the subject of this card, I like it, although it's arrows are a little wonky looking. Asymmetrical arrows don't look right to me, even though they open up a ton of different arrow formations.
    Your right. The archetype "Cyber" is [サイバー] and the new type "Cyberse" is [サイバース]. So it might really NEED to be Cyberse in case it is referenced in a Spell/Trap card title in which case is would count toward the Cyber archetype automatically from the OCG point. And, actually, it already has. Cyberse Beacon is searchable by Cyber Dragon Core.

As much as @Voltanis doesn't like it. The term HAS to be Cyberse and not Cyverse. Hands tied on this one.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 9th July 2017 at 11:20 PM.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Your right. The archetype "Cyber" is [サイバー] and the new type "Cyberse" is [サイバース]. So it might really NEED to be Cyberse in case it is referenced in a Spell/Trap card title in which case is would count toward the Cyber archetype automatically from the OCG point. And, actually, it already has. Cyberse Beacon is searchable by Cyber Dragon Core.

As much as @Voltanis doesn't like it. The term HAS to be Cyberse and not Cyverse. Hands tied on this one.
    Well, damn, add that to the list of things to be changed when we invent time travel. And then immediately cross it off! Ahahahaha time travel humor.

Also, yeah, perhaps the worst aesthetic addition in the Link era is going to be horribly unsymmetrical Link markers. Really feels wrong with the preciseness of future tech. The most fitting way to incorporate it, as far as I can think, would be like some clock-based archtype (Not those weird Clock Knights, though.) where the hands correlate to the markers, i.e. 12:30 would be one up and one down, 9:30 would be one to the top left, one down, etc. Dunno' how they would get more than 2 Link markers, maybe if they included the second hand...

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Asymmetrical arrows don't look right to me, even though they open up a ton of different arrow formations.
    Especially when it's on a counterpart card. To this day I still dislike how Encode Talker's arrow neither match Decode Talker's nor be a reverse of Decode Talker's. Not even at least having a symmetrical arrows like how Decode Talker has symmetrical arrows.

I'm still hoping they are planning another "code Talker" Link monster that has BL B Top arrows to balance it out.
    Last edited by Brightshine Stardust; 20th July 2017 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read most of this thread and it's funny how no one mentioned Ghost Girl and her Altergeist archetype. I know she's not the main female lead and I have serious doubts on if she'll even stay past season 1 but she's using Spellcasters so that has to count for something different right?
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, the Japanese have accepted "Cyberse" as the English spelling since it's appeared in English a few times in the anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post

It could have been "Cyberverse"; they just wanted it to be short because it's a Type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beast-Warriors and Sea-Serpents say hi (as do Divine-Beasts) :P

But yeah, they probably wanted a short name.