User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hint of a new theme in COTD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Keep in mind that Traveler was really a non-factor, so four cards CAN work.
    Exactly. The Trap didn't become widespread used until later releases, and even then it wasn't universal. Those first 4 Monsters Burning Abyss had pretty much made the Deck between themselves (and Tour Guide) when they first came.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlace View Post
    I have a feeling the Subterror Link monster will be a last resort, since it clashes with the deck's ability to swarm the field.
    I disagree; it'd be entirely possible for a Subterror Link Monster to have an effect similar to the one the Subterrors use to jump out, to allow them to continue doing so. Or for it to just plain-and-simple let you Summon a Subterror w/o jumping through hoops.

As the deck itself does not have any in-house Extra Deck monsters for it to be mobilizing, I'd say it stands to reason that a Link Monster for the theme would be built to either support their existing playstyle or change it up in a way that's functional, rather than being a 'last resort'.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    I disagree; it'd be entirely possible for a Subterror Link Monster to have an effect similar to the one the Subterrors use to jump out, to allow them to continue doing so. Or for it to just plain-and-simple let you Summon a Subterror w/o jumping through hoops.

As the deck itself does not have any in-house Extra Deck monsters for it to be mobilizing, I'd say it stands to reason that a Link Monster for the theme would be built to either support their existing playstyle or change it up in a way that's functional, rather than being a 'last resort'.
    Remember, Link Monsters cannot be flipped face-down.

"It's not that I fanboy over my waifus, I just keep possession of their souls to my heart's content."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlace View Post
    Remember, Link Monsters cannot be flipped face-down.
    I'm aware, hence my suggesting it might have an effect to help you get around that -- and sure enough, it's revealed now and I'm for the most part right on that mark. A Link 2 that will still let you still be able to mobilize things while he's out.

Ravensdale, Washington, United States of America
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Keep in mind that Traveler was really a non-factor, so four cards CAN work.
    What do you mean? Do you mean Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss? That guy was the main dude for BA lol.
    Please check out my Yu-Gi-Oh product opening channel! I usually drink beer while opening!
    Please like and subscribe and thank y'all kindly!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQX...EKw51lPfngMELg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorRiot View Post
    What do you mean? Do you mean Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss? That guy was the main dude for BA lol.
    He was referring the Trap Card released among the first wave of Burning Abyss support called "The Traveler and the Burning Abyss".

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That you didn't remember it kinda underlines their point, in a way; The Traveler and the Burning Abyss is the card they mean, which came out alongside the rest of BA's opening lineup of Scarm, Graff, Cir, and Dante.

EDIT: Wow, ninja'd. But yeah, compared to the other four cards that BA debut'd with, Traveler wasn't quite so useful (at the time), was it?
    Last edited by Baroque; 14th July 2017 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really shoulda phrased that better. I clean forgot Dante had that in the title.
    Sanokal