User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure vs. Mash-up: which one do you prefer?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    geeeenerally pure with maybe 1-2 tech choices, but recently U.A. is so mindnumbing when you brick that i had to run the speedroid variant to make the deck not make me wanna just play something else 25% of the time
    Have you considered Heroics instead? Tribute Fodder, Warrior-Typed, More RotA Targets, and Rank 4 options (Not to mention TCG playable)

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    As long as you actually use the in-house extra with it, yes
    If it's good, yes, most of the time, but those usually take less than 5 spots in the extra deck, 5/15 doesn't really scream Pure to me, but hey, Opinions are nice!
    Now known as [SMod]Icematoro on Devpro, yet I still don't speak in the name of it's staff.#222937 secret tem!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icematoro View Post
    If it's good, yes, most of the time, but those usually take less than 5 spots in the extra deck, 5/15 doesn't really scream Pure to me, but hey, Opinions are nice!
    well if an archetype only has, say 3 extra cards, how much purer can their extra get?
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    well if an archetype only has, say 3 extra cards, how much purer can their extra get?
    Precisely, that's exactly what I was talking about, there's only a handful of decks that can fill the Extra with their stuff, but most of them won't, as it's not the best policy. So much for pure tho =I
    Now known as [SMod]Icematoro on Devpro, yet I still don't speak in the name of it's staff.#222937 secret tem!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Precisely, that's exactly what I was talking about, there's only a handful of decks that can fill the Extra with their stuff, but most of them won't, as it's not the best policy. So much for pure tho =I
    Its as close as they can get without hindering themselves. Its enough
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you considered Heroics instead? Tribute Fodder, Warrior-Typed, More RotA Targets, and Rank 4 options (Not to mention TCG playable)
    If it's just the thousand blades/halberd thing, I definitely think that the speedroid engine fares better as you don't have to risk attacks and turn 1 is better. Synchro access and rank 3 lets you knock out midfielder as an issue 99% of the time through opening beigomax to make invoker.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to just throw together things that work together. Usually it's an archetype base with anywhere from zero to several out-of-house options, but sometimes I just take bits and pieces from multiple archetypes whose effects mesh well. Sometimes there's either no archetype big enough to fill a deck (a true Normal Monster deck, i.e. not Igknight), or simply no archetype there ('EARTH Psychic-type' or 'EARTH Level 10 Machine-type').

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedude View Post
    Even if it will make the deck better. I'm not throwing Machinas into Gimmick Puppets, for example.

Alternately, a non-archetype deck altogether.
    I'm just like this.
    But I also like assembling several small engines and combine and mix them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't a real question, you play the best version of a deck. If the best version of the deck is sticking only to one theme, then you play that, if the best version of the deck requires you to use an engine from a different group of cards, you play that.

Intentionally gimping yourself and your deck just to stay "pure" is nonsense.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva View Post
    This isn't a real question, you play the best version of a deck. If the best version of the deck is sticking only to one theme, then you play that, if the best version of the deck requires you to use an engine from a different group of cards, you play that.

Intentionally gimping yourself and your deck just to stay "pure" is nonsense.
    Some of us don't play competitively.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about competitive vs not competitive. You can play Infernity with Dwarf if you really wanted to, but why would you. There will always be card choices that are superior for each specific deck, choosing the inferior option just because you're not "being competitive" is just silly.

If you're playing gag decks or fan decks, that's a different story, but in that case, what's the point of this thread.