User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [COTD] Vendread Houndhorde

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From some hints of Vendread Houndhorde's effect, and knowing regular Ritual Summons are hardly viable, I'm taking a few guesses:

* Requiring Houndhord to be used for a Ritual while on the field seems too high a demand given that Ritual Summon is already demanding itself, requiring both Ritual Spell and Ritual Monster in hand, as well as matching levels. This suggests that Vandread Rituals Spells may have softer requirements than regular Ritual Spells.
    * Houndhorde's first effect requires him to be in the GY. It may be a common trait of Vendreads that they are dead cards in hand and live cards in the GY.
    * Houndhorde's cost of discarding 1 “Vendread” card may be an engine to turn dead cards in hand into live cards in the GY, as per above.
    * Given the three observations above, maybe Vandread Ritual Monters too will be dead in hand and live in the graveyard.

I guess that Vandread will specialize in Ritual Summon from the Graveyard, fitting for zombiekind.

Or not. A guess is a guess is a guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think gaining effect on the field I balance because zombies can access any monster in their deck and graveyard easily...also with the monsters gaining quick effects, I think urgent ritual arts will be use to disrupt in your opponent turn.....leviair the sea dragon will be a staple to summon back banish vendread... And noted that uni zombie and hordehound is level 3....that can open room for Dante for milling....

But personally think that Konami will make the deck work with the lighsworn in the same pack so that they gonna make more money.....

- - - Updated - - -

Well everyone need to run 3 shiranui solitaire already ...just to get quicker access to uni zombie...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    I hope they are compatible with Shiranui.
    Don't the Shiranui have effects that benefit any zombie-type? Hybridizing should work out just fine.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    Honestly, that it needs to be on the field to work is probably to prevent the archetype from seriously exploding; I mean, if it's ALL Zombie-type, then just imagine how easily it could explode if you could benefit from their effects from the hand.

That said, though, what's going to be the real decider out of the gate how useful the archetype'll be is the Ritual Monsters themselves; what do they do without their in-house materials, what does their Ritual Spell require for Tributes (e.g., levels equal-or-greater or strictly equal), and perhaps most importantly of all what level are they, the Ritual Monsters?

Those last two are going to be a big factor for this card's usefulness in particular, as it'll determine what all needs to be used in addition to itself -- Lv6 would let you use a pair, Lv7 would be perhaps the sweet spot (what with all the Lv4 Zombie-type shenanigans), and Lv8 would require some additional investment if attempting to use this card -- in addition to what support could be used to help speed the Rituals along (e.g., Preparation of Rites would prefer they not be Lv8).
    For some reason you got me thinking about what it would be like to have a Level 1 or Level 2 Ritual archetype. We already have Relinquished...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Don't the Shiranui have effects that benefit any zombie-type? Hybridizing should work out just fine.
    0 DEF zombies.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Art reveals for the Vendread. Is anyone getting a bit of a Resident Evil vibe?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd one = Zombyra 2.0?

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops, one is already revealed in a different language!

Pretty sure the 3rd will be the ritual monster, but I don't like how much different it looks from the others.

Actually, these cards are so ironic given the West's history of censoring cards. That almost naked zombie woman with the bloody claw feels exactly like the sort of thing that would never make it past Japan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don´t know and don´t mind the consistency (Fun play) BUT if i ever make a deck out of this gonna add Chaos Form and Chaos Max just because the apparently added effects of using these as Tributes.

["Tangerines kick ass"]___________________["White Dragon Rules"]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the Vendread Ritual monster is a level 6.

"It's not that I fanboy over my waifus, I just keep possession of their souls to my heart's content."