User Tag List

Thread: Nekroz Ritual Spells vs Ash Blossom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: Nekroz Ritual Spells vs Ash Blossom

Hey, it's been a while. I have a question in regards to Ash Blossom.

Ash Blossom states:
    During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that includes any of these effects: You can discard this card; negate that effect.
    ● Add a card from the Deck to the hand.
    ● Special Summon from the Deck.
    ● Send a card from the Deck to the Graveyard.
    You can only use this effect of "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" once per turn.

Let's say I activate any Nekroz Spell card to ritual summon. The wording on Ash Blossom that bothers me is, "when a card or effect is activated that includes any of these effects." Would my spell get screwed because it has this effect;
    " If you control no monsters: You can banish this card and 1 "Nekroz" monster from your Graveyard; add 1 "Nekroz" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand."

The closest rulings to this would be this one the YGOrg put up:
    Q: When my opponent activates the effect of Zoodiac Drident that it gained by having Zoodiac Ratpier attached as an Xyz Material, can I chain the effect of Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring from my hand?
    A: When your opponent activates the effect of an Xyz Monster gained from Zoodiac Ratpier, you can chain the effect of Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring. In this scenario, although that effect is negated, Zoodiac Drident remains face-up in the Monster Zone, and its other effects are not negated.

Edit: In case someone didn't read the entire thing, the reason for this question is to figure out wording/rulings. Nekroz Mirror, for example, has the Ritual Summon effect and Search as separate clauses, so if you take Ash Blossom's effect at face value, it shouldn't be able to negate the Ritual Summon because that effect doesn't include a search. But again, wording.
    Last edited by ARKhaven; 6th August 2017 at 12:46 AM.
    The one guy here who either you'll like or hate based on what I say/what decks I play, who also lurks Twitter and maybe here. Apprentice Lurker in the works ||ω・`)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, your Ritual Spell wouldn't get screwed because the Ritual Summon is a different and separate effect from the one that Ash Blossom can negate.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKhaven View Post
    Hey, it's been a while. I have a question in regards to Ash Blossom.

Ash Blossom states:
    During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that includes any of these effects: You can discard this card; negate that effect.
    ● Add a card from the Deck to the hand.
    ● Special Summon from the Deck.
    ● Send a card from the Deck to the Graveyard.
    You can only use this effect of "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" once per turn.

Let's say I activate any Nekroz Spell card to ritual summon. The wording on Ash Blossom that bothers me is, "when a card or effect is activated that includes any of these effects." Would my spell get screwed because it has this effect;
    " If you control no monsters: You can banish this card and 1 "Nekroz" monster from your Graveyard; add 1 "Nekroz" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand."

The closest rulings to this would be this one the YGOrg put up:
    Q: When my opponent activates the effect of Zoodiac Drident that it gained by having Zoodiac Ratpier attached as an Xyz Material, can I chain the effect of Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring from my hand?
    A: When your opponent activates the effect of an Xyz Monster gained from Zoodiac Ratpier, you can chain the effect of Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring. In this scenario, although that effect is negated, Zoodiac Drident remains face-up in the Monster Zone, and its other effects are not negated.

Edit: In case someone didn't read the entire thing, the reason for this question is to figure out wording/rulings. Nekroz Mirror, for example, has the Ritual Summon effect and Search as separate clauses, so if you take Ash Blossom's effect at face value, it shouldn't be able to negate the Ritual Summon because that effect doesn't include a search. But again, wording.

No.
    Ash Blossoms own Rulings state it cannot be used against Dark Magicial Circle when the Banish-on-Summon effect is activated, but can on the search 3 effect

so no, just HAVING an effect that fits Ash's Criteria is not enough. it has to be included in the one activating at that moment

Using Solemn Warning, which has very similar wording on "Including an effect that summons". "including" the effect means it has to be at the bare minimum an option of what is currently activating (IE. Solemn Warning can stop Starlight Road, even if there is no Stardust in the extra deck)
    See Solemn Warning VS Grapha, Dragon Lord of the Dark World regarding Graphas Second effect

Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World: If your "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World" is discarded by your opponent's card effect, then "Solemn Warning" or "Royal Oppression" can be Chained to the effect. However, if your "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World" is discarded by your own effect, then neither "Solemn Warning" nor "Royal Oppression" may be Chained
    so it has to be the effect that is currently activating, but it doesn't have to actually be happening is what it is saying
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 6th August 2017 at 01:06 AM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.