Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [OCG] LINK VRAINS Pack

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I don't know about "never need and want", but SPYRALs from day one were always receptive to Extra Deck plays, and that implicit trend continued to be shown through subsequent support. They just never had a dedicated Extra Deck Monsters to go in until Double Helix. I've even seem some people complained about how much "empty advantage" (I can't believe they made that into a thing!) who in turn praised Double Helix for giving a "use" to the searched cards and such. Same for Link Monsters in general.
    But... Double Helix also just searches out more stuff! The only true boss monster of the deck is Sleeper, which is the clear "use" for all the "empty advantage" you get. Or just, y'know, abuse Drone to make anything have astronomical ATK and then use the field spell and the equip monster to make said beater nearly impossible to remove. The gameplan was always there, Double Helix doesn't change that at all, it just further helps it and again, doesn't need you to get out more Extra Deck monsters since SPYRALS don't win by spamming Xyz monsters like other decks do. When the best part about using Drone and Quik-Fix to make an R1 isn't the monster you summon but the fact that Quix-Fix stays in the grave, you know the point of the deck isn't to win with Castel.

And considering that just about every Link Monster that isn't Decode Talker or Varrel Load Dragon is almost useless without several connecting Link Monsters, as opposed to Xyz Monsters that are independent one-shots that form a toolbox with answers to everything, Link Monsters really aren't just a cool thing to have in the extra deck if you happen to have excess monsters. Chances are, the deck just is a Link Deck at that point. Even decks that almost never go into Xyz like, say, Amazoness can have a toolbox extra deck just because it's so simple to slap them on. Most Links, on purpose, aren't like that. That's why people don't like them, because they're de facto non-optional and intrusive.

At the end of the deck, Link Monsters are even more poorly designed than Xyz Monsters and it's going to be really awkward when Konami wants to make another new Extra Deck Monster type and suddenly realizes they'll either have to undo their controversial new rulings or make even more unpopular bullshit explaining why properly Super-Duper-Hyper-Awesome-Dick-Sucking-Supreme Summoning a Super-Duper-Hyper-Awesome-Dick-Sucking-Supreme Monster can allow you to summon other types of Extra Deck Monsters even though they have don't have Link Arrows.

Day whatever since Link Monsters released: Still mad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheesh, and I thought I was angry about the concept of Links.

"It's not that I fanboy over my waifus, I just keep possession of their souls to my heart's content."

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlace View Post
    Sheesh, and I thought I was angry about the concept of Links.
    Blatant cash grab + dismantling vast parts of what made the game fun + boring sci-fi concept in what's supposed to be a mythologically-based series + boring cards when it comes to duels + oversimplified summoning system + bringing back a more meta (literally, board placement) mechanic that never should have existed in the first place + breaking tons of the game's established rules mainly to give them an edge = one mad Volt. I thought Pendulums were dumb at first, but even though they never lived up to their full potential, they still were cool in the end. Half-Pendulum, half-Fusion monsters are a lot more interesting than... being able to spam so hard you literally lock your opponent out of playing their boss monsters. Also locking you out of playing your own boss monsters if you summon your things to the wrong spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Blatant cash grab + dismantling vast parts of what made the game fun + boring sci-fi concept in what's supposed to be a mythologically-based series + boring cards when it comes to duels + oversimplified summoning system + bringing back a more meta (literally, board placement) mechanic that never should have existed in the first place + breaking tons of the game's established rules mainly to give them an edge = one mad Volt. I thought Pendulums were dumb at first, but even though they never lived up to their full potential, they still were cool in the end. Half-Pendulum, half-Fusion monsters are a lot more interesting than... being able to spam so hard you literally lock your opponent out of playing their boss monsters. Also locking you out of playing your own boss monsters if you summon your things to the wrong spot.
    I'm on the same boat. I really liked Pendulums, but with Links in the way, it's not fun to use a permanently crippled summoning method.

"It's not that I fanboy over my waifus, I just keep possession of their souls to my heart's content."

Ravensdale, Washington, United States of America
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please lord, let this be the set that was supposed to have the new Burning Abyss support! I want Dante, Link to the Burning Abyss so bad!
    Please check out my Yu-Gi-Oh product opening channel! I usually drink beer while opening!
    Please like and subscribe and thank y'all kindly!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQX...EKw51lPfngMELg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorRiot View Post
    Please lord, let this be the set that was supposed to have the new Burning Abyss support! I want Dante, Link to the Burning Abyss so bad!
    No, just no.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorRiot View Post
    What part of "OCG Original themes" is going over your head?

Ah well, even if that were to have TCG exclusive themes.... No.
    Although I am still waiting for Geryon of the Burning Abyss...
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 8th August 2017 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please give me more Super Quantum support. More Rangers and Megazords please!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, this thread turned salty faster than my yard.

I welcome this. Regardless of the intent, we NEED this. Simple as that.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Jesus, this thread turned salty faster than my yard.

I welcome this. Regardless of the intent, we NEED this. Simple as that.
    An Org joke for April Fools is becoming a real thing from Konami.
    https://ygorganization.com/april_foolage/