Thread: [OCG] LINK VRAINS Pack

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[OCG] LINK VRAINS Pack

https://ygorganization.com/a-link-to-the-packs/

Not to be confused with the LINK VRAINS BOX. Which is actually a different thing. Seriously.

The LINK VRAINS PACK is a new booster pack set to be released in the OCG on November 25th (total set size unknown).

It is said to “include several Link Monsters to support OCG original* themes that have appeared up to this point. It will also include reprints of key cards to build decks for the included themes.”

*Here, “OCG original” likely just means “non-anime” as opposed to “OCG exclusive”.

100 Cards

5 Ultra Rares
    15 Super Rares
    25 Rares
    55 Commons
    It covers cards for 20 different Themes, that have all been popular with players in the past.

Each pack contains 1 Super Rare or higher foil card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 themes, if they well distributed it will be 5 cards for each theme? if 50 cards are new in the pack, is 2-3 new card per theme?
    Dunno, but new support for older archetypes and themes is good, hope they good!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    total set size unknown ....

.... 100 Cards
    Hmmm...

20 themes of previous popularity. Focused on adding Links to the decks. Because it is now the only way for those themes to get more than 1 Extra Deck monster on the field at once. :/ Not impressed, Konami. I see what you do. Trying to fix the themes you broke with this new format by throwing cards at it. How about you help effects of cards like Goyo Defender or Forbidden Trapazohedron not be utterly pointless and virtually useless in this format.

Link monsters just don't excite me. For now, least anticipated card set.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 7th August 2017 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imo, it was about time. hoping for something that makes my CrystalBellxCrystalWing combo possible again and something that allows Z-ARC to be dropped more easily l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶r̶c̶h̶e̶t̶y̶p̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶l
    Cubic, Cyber Angel, Gimmick Puppet, Lunalight, Lyrilusc, Melodious, Performapal Odd-Eyes Magician, Phantom Knights, Predaplant, Qli, Raidraptor, Speedroid, Supreme King Magician, Windwitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very hyped for this set! Link support for older themes is was I was hoping for.
    Most probably, the 5 Ultras and 15 Supers are the new link cards, while the remaining (rares and commons) are just reprints.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Hmmm...

20 themes of previous popularity. Focused on adding Links to the decks. Because it is now the only way for those themes to get more than 1 Extra Deck monster on the field at once. :/ Not impressed, Konami. I see what you do. Trying to fix the themes you broke with this new format by throwing cards at it. How about you help effects of cards like Goyo Defender or Forbidden Trapazohedron not be utterly pointless and virtually useless in this format.

Link monsters just don't excite me. For now, least anticipated card set.
    As opposed to this, I see this pack as a new wave of support for older themes. Link aren't just a giant arrow that allows you to summon from the Extra Deck. They are new cards that can strenghten the deck. Look at the new Spyral link, it allows powerful combos. And the Subterror link is very powerful not only in its own deck, but also in Shaddoll.

I also hope there'll be supports for Hidden Arsenal themes. Jurrac, Gusto, Gem-Knight, Flamvell, Vylon, Naturia, Genex, Dragunity, Qli, Ritual Beast. A link for Gishkis and Worms, even if they don't need links, would be really cool.
    I'm just a bit sad becouse Red-Eyes, Blue-Eyes and Buster Blader won't get anything, since they're not OCG original themes.
    Last edited by BBDD; 7th August 2017 at 02:13 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kinda hoping that those 25 Rares are also new, and that the 55 commons are where the reprints lay. 45 new to 55 old is also a nice balance of new vs old in a Pack like this. It'll skew closer to the past two Duelist Pack configurations.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope there's a Dracoslayer link 2, that only asks for pendulum monsters, and maybe does something cool. Scapegoat in Performapals can only take you so far. Besides that, all I want is a Dustin that stops your opponent from using dustons as link matetials, so their strategy can work as intended again.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    I also hope there'll be supports for Hidden Arsenal themes. Jurrac, Gusto, Gem-Knight, Flamvell, Vylon, Naturia, Genex, Dragunity, Qli, Ritual Beast. A link for Gishkis and Worms, even if they don't need links, would be really cool.
    I second this, while also asking for them to fix that fucking bad joke that was Zefraath. It was one of the things the infuriated me the most when Links were announced.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    As opposed to this, I see this pack as a new wave of support for older themes. Link aren't just a giant arrow that allows you to summon from the Extra Deck. They are new cards that can strenghten the deck. Look at the new Spyral link, it allows powerful combos. And the Subterror link is very powerful not only in its own deck, but also in Shaddoll.
    As opposed to this, consider that Spyral and Subterror were main deck archtypes that never needed and rarely wanted extra deck monsters, certainly not more than one at a time if necessary. Those Link monsters link markers aren't for further extra deck plays, in fact they discourage it since both summon monsters from the hand/deck to their link arrows, since that's where your monsters are for these decks, the extra deck was just an afterthought until these guys. (and those are TCG exclusives. these OCG ones might be more insistent that "it's all about the co-links! Can't have more than a couple Link monsters that can do things on their own without other Link monsters to combo with them!")

Thus, I agree with my bud SciSto that this is a flimsy attempt to "fix" how badly they fucked up various decks by way of letting them summon multiple extra deck monsters, even though it likely won't since the materials needed for said link monsters will make further plays difficult unless said monsters also has powerful other effects. Doesn't change the fact that links have and probably always will ruin some of my favorite decks, like Ultimaya Tzolkin or Lyrical Luscinia Numeron Dragon, which were so far from meta contenders that the idea that they had to die to keep Zoodiacs (which never should have existed in the first fucking place) and R4NK shit like that down to sell the new stuff is so absurd it really does make some halfway attempt to "fix" it even more infuriating.
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 7th August 2017 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about "never need and want", but SPYRALs from day one were always receptive to Extra Deck plays, and that implicit trend continued to be shown through subsequent support. They just never had a dedicated Extra Deck Monsters to go in until Double Helix. I've even seem some people complained about how much "empty advantage" (I can't believe they made that into a thing!) who in turn praised Double Helix for giving a "use" to the searched cards and such. Same for Link Monsters in general.