User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [OCG] August News Dump

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, TCG finally going to have to concede a reprint of Chimera and Gazelle with a name change to "Phantom Beast" instead of archetyping in the card text.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    Cool, unsearchable card + a lot of graveyard set up. I'd rather discard an ojamagic for fusion recycling plan, search 3 ojamas and summon all of them using red, that way i can summon a link spider in the emz, proxy dragon in the zone it points to and another link spider in a zone proxy points to, that way i can summon that guy outside of the emz and make use of his link markers.

Doesn't make it good though, you still would need even more cards to be able to summon a king, because he's useless by himself.
    i was listing a card that most ojama lists i've seen run as an example

does your build actually not use triwight and consider 3 vanilla ojamas as 'too hard to set up'??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Mythichal Beast Master Cerberus reminds me of the Forest Guardian from Princess Mononoke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am always happy to see New cards. I am sad that Trickstar and Gouki won't be getting main deck monsters, but they already have good monsters and I would prefer they get decent spells and traps and maybe a link 2 for gouki and a link 3 for trickstar. On th up side there can still be room for altergeist. Excode talker is interesting and I love it's protection from card effects and that it follows the codetalker theme of protection. The new sanctuary replacement is something that I was hoping for and I knew that they would do. Konami New sanctuary was a horrible field spell and I am glad they gave us a new way to have sanctuary on the field. For the most part everything seems interesting, but I won't judge too much until I see more,especially mythical beast. I don't want to call them crap and then have to eat my words if they reveal new cards that make them seem tier 1 worthy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamaw View Post
    i was listing a card that most ojama lists i've seen run as an example

does your build actually not use triwight and consider 3 vanilla ojamas as 'too hard to set up'??
    I do use tri-wright, but that doesnt change the fact that it is unsearchable and requires graveyard set up, it can't justify the inclusion of an extra deck monster that requires multiple resources, multiple extra deck slots and doesnt do anything relevant by itself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    Is that guy really going to be the cover card of the set? How the hell we go from firewall and borreload, two great cards, to this piece of crap? It's not even generic so you could try to use it in an ojama deck to combine with ojama king for full lock and even if it was, you don't want to place it in the extra monster zone so it needs even more set up...
    Excode Talker is very obviously intended to be used and Summoned as part of a co-Link Link Monster splerge strategy, just like Firewall Dragon, Binal Sorceress and Trigate Wizard. It's effects work best in the Main Monster Zone, with appropriately placed Link Monsters surrounding it beforehand or afterwards, and its on-Link Summon effect even encourages its use in an Extra Link whenever possible, or barring that, when your opponent also has an Extra Deck Monster in their EMZ first.

Quote Originally Posted by R3QU13M View Post
    First of all I really wanted the Varrett field spell instead of Fire Prison but aye still plenty of more to come.

Are spell and traps being printed in another shade now?
    For the first part, we will likely get both. There's still room for the second Field Spell played. So far, they only revealed the cards Revolver played before he played Borreload Dragon.

For the second, I noticed this weirdness on the TCG Blog with a Trickstar Reincarnation proxy that had a Fusion Monster's boarder, and PJ on Pojo actually commented that it has to do with an error when saving the image files. Something about real-life color formatting vs something... I'd need to find the actual post to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Lol, TCG finally going to have to concede a reprint of Chimera and Gazelle with a name change to "Phantom Beast" instead of archetyping in the card text.
    Wait, what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bitrooper and Spell counter support makes me happy, the rest I dont care about.Bitrooper fills pretty much exactly what I wanted in a Cyversemonster for my Cyverse Morphtronic deck I've been experimenting with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed that excode is number 38 while three burst is number 44, meaning either yusaku is getting 6 link monsters or that Trickstars and Gouki will be getting at least one new link monster in the set. Emma comes after revolver so hopefully we will get an Altergeist for number 45, unless they switch orders and place Emma cards directly after Aoi and Go's cards which is unlikely to happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    Just noticed that excode is number 38 while three burst is number 44, meaning either yusaku is getting 6 link monsters or that Trickstars and Gouki will be getting at least one new link monster in the set. Emma comes after revolver so hopefully we will get an Altergeist for number 45, unless they switch orders and place Emma cards directly after Aoi and Go's cards which is unlikely to happen.
    That's a good eye. I, too, now hope that Trickstars and Goukis will get at least one new Link each, as though it is technically possible for them to fill up the gap with 6 new Links, it's not the likeliest thing in the world.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaaaaaand let the saltgates open!

Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Konami's lost their damn minds, I tell you what. Beltlink Wall Dragon, Fire Prison and Parallel Port Armor should have stayed as anime-only cards, they're so fucking dumb and boring. (and Armor still should have summoned a link monster instead of an extra attack!) WHO THOUGHT THESE DUMB OVER-SPECIFIED FLOODGATES WERE A COOL, INTERESTING, SKILLFUL ADDITION TO THE DUEL AND WANTED TO RECREATE IT!? FUCKING NOBODY, THAT'S WHO!!

The Mythical Beasts are extremely weak, especially if it ends up being that you can't even summon the damn boss monster continuously with Pendulum summons. I mean, fucking Majespecters get automatic anti-card destruction and targeting on top of search on summon, this boss monster only gets some of that and only sometimes!

The Link Monsters are fine, I guess, even though Vullet still lack almost any way to use their stupid Link target effects.

True Shadow is useless and wouldn't have been used even back during the last wave of Six Sam support.

And of course, the most powerful and interesting new cards... are the fucking Counter Fairies. EBE is a weird joke card to throw into a constructed deck, but it does go really well with the hand traps. We finally got our new SitS, shame it doesn't count as that in the deck, or be an actual field spell. At least it's decent even in non-counter fairy decks. The counter trap is weird as hell, but pretty strong especially when you can remove both the discard and LP cost.

All in all, uh, this sucks. But then again, when doesn't it? (answer: whenever they make more Trickstars)
    Jesus, do you ever stop bitching? It's like Mofiz all over again, except he was actually more tolerable...

What, so a sound strategy from the anime doesn't deserve to get made despite the fact that as of last series they've been going out of their way to print as much stuff from the anime as possible? (Admittedly, I didn't think they'd get made either.)

There's two Mythical Beasts so far. Majespecters were bullcrap, and everyone knows it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlace View Post
    Hey now, don't get overzealous with me. :v

And you're welcome.
    Ooh dear, never question Photon...he's almost always right, even if a bit impatient.
    Sanokal