0 Thread(s)

[OCG] August News Dump

https://ygorganization.com/ocg-yugioh-jp-leaks/

EXFO-JP005
    Bitrooper/Bit Looper
    EARTH/Cyberse
    Level 4
    1500/2000
    You can only use this card’s name effect once per turn.
    (1) You can send 1 Level 2 or lower monster from your hand to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand.

EXFO-JP006
    Beltlink Wall Dragon
    EARTH/Dragon
    Level 6
    0/2100
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by this card’s effect.
    (1) When you Link Summon a monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, place 2 counters on this card.
    (2) Neither player can Link Summon a Link Monster whose Link Rating is higher than the number of counters on this card, also only Link Monsters can attack.
    (3) If a monster is Link Summoned: Remove 2 counters from this card.
    (4) Once per turn, during the Standby Phase: Place 1 counter on this card.

EXFO-JP022
    Mythical Beast Jackal
    DARK/Spellcaster
    Pendulum/Effect
    Level 1
    Scale 4
    0/1400
    Pendulum Effect: You can only use this card’s name Pendulum Effect once per turn.
    (1) If you do not control another card in your Pendulum Zone: You can target 1 face-up card you control that you can place a Spell Counter on; destroy this card, and if you do, place 1 Spell Counter on that card.
    Monster Effect:
    (1) Each time a Spell Card is activated, place 1 Spell Counter on this card when it resolves.
    (2) You can remove 3 Spell Counters from your field, then Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Mythical Beast” Effect Monster from your Deck, except “Mythical Beast Jackal”.

EXFO-JP027
    Mythical Beast Master Cerberus
    LIGHT/Spellcaster
    Pendulum/Effect
    Level 8
    Scale 4
    2800/2800
    Pendulum Effect: You can only use this card’s name Pendulum Effect once per turn.
    (1) If you do not control a card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can destroy this card, and if you do, add 1 “Mythical Beast” Effect Monster from your Deck to your hand.
    Monster Effect:
    (1) Each time a Spell Card is activated, place 2 Spell Counters on this card when that Spell Card resolves.
    (2) If there are 4 or more Spell Counters on your field, this card cannot destroyed by card effects.
    (3) Once per turn: You can remove 4 Spell Counters from your field, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; banish it, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to the original ATK of the banished monster until the end of this turn.

EXFO-JP038
    Excode Talker
    WIND/Cyberse
    2300/Link 3 (U/L/R)
    2+ Cyberse-Type Effect Monsters
    You can only use the (1) effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) When this card is Link Summoned: You can choose a number of unused Main Monster Zones equal to the number of monsters in the Extra Monster Zone; those Main Monster Zones cannot be used while this monster remains face-up.
    (2) Monsters that this card points to gain 500 ATK, also they cannot be destroyed by card effects.

EXFO-JP044
    Three Burst Shot Dragon
    DARK/Dragon
    2400/Link 3 (U/L/D)
    2+ non-Token Monsters
    (1) Once per turn, when a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated during the Damage Step: You can negate that activation.
    (2) If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing damage to your opponent.
    (3) During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was Special Summoned: You can Tribute this card, then target 1 Link 2 or lower Link Monster in your GY; Special Summon it, then you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Dragon monster from your hand.

EXFO-JP052
    Fire Prison
    Field Spell Card
    (1) Dragon monsters on the field gain 300 DEF.
    (2) Neither player can attempt to Link Summon a Link Monster that has less Link Arrows than the total of those of the Link Monsters already on the field, also only Link Monsters can attack.
    (3) If there are 2 or more Cyberse Link monsters on the field, apply the following effects:
    • When a Cyberse monster’s activated effect resolves, negate that effect.
    • Cyberse monsters on the field cannot attack, or be targeted for attacks or effects.

EXFO-JP058
    Magical Boost
    Quick-Play Spell Card
    You can only activate 1 of this card’s name per turn.
    (1) Send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard, then target 1 face-up card on the field that you can place a Spell Counter on; place 2 Spell Counters on that card.
    (2) If this card in its owner’s possession is destroyed by an opponent’s card effect: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck that you can place a Spell Counter on, and if you do, place 2 Spell Counters on it.

EXFO-JP066
    Parallel Board Armor
    Normal Trap Card
    (1) Target 1 Link Monster you control; equip it with this card. It cannot be targeted for your opponent’s card effects, also it cannot be destroyed by battle.
    (2) You can banish this card and 2 Link Monsters from your GY, then target 1 Link Monster you control; that monster can attack twice during each Battle Phase this turn.

EXFO-JP073
    Magical Burst
    Continuous Trap Card
    You can only use this card’s name (2) effect once per turn.
    (1) Each time an opponent’s monster effect is activated, place 1 Spell Counter on this card when that effect resolves.
    (2) You can send this card with 6 or more Spell Counters to the Graveyard; add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

SR05-JP000
    EBE
    LIGHT/Fairy
    Level 1
    500/200
    You can only use this card’s name effect once per turn.
    (1) If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can banish up to 2 LIGHT Fairy monsters from your GY or field, except this card; for each monster banished this way, add 1 Level 2 or lower LIGHT Fairy monster from your Deck to your hand, except “EBE” (the added cards must have different names).

[FYI, “Zeta Reticulant” Special Summons “EBE Tokens”, but that has been localized in English to “EVA Tokens”. So this card may be named “EVA” instead.]

SR05-JP025
    Sanctuary of Parshath
    Continuous Spell Card
    (1) This card’s name is treated as “The Sanctuary in the Sky” while it is on the field or GY.
    (2) Fairy monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF, also face-down Spells/Traps on the field cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects.
    (3) Once per turn: You can target 3 cards with different names in your GY that are Counter Traps and/or Fairy monsters; place them on the top of your Deck in any order.

SR05-JP031
    Reincarnating Parshath
    Counter Trap Card
    (1) When a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated: You can reveal 1 Counter Trap in your hand, discard 1 card, and pay 1000 LP; negate that activation, and if you do, return that card to the Deck, then you can Special Summon 1 “Parshath” monster from your Deck or Extra Deck.

VJMP-JP137
    Six Samurai’s True Shadow
    DARK/Warrior
    Level 4
    500/2000
    You can only use this card’s name (1) effect once per turn.
    (1) When you Normal or Special Summon a “Shadow Six Samurai” monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
    (2) Once per turn: You can banish 1 Level 4 or lower “Six Samurai” monster from your GY; this card’s Attribute, Level, ATK and DEF become the same as the banished monster’s until the end of this turn.
    Last edited by ThePhotonLegion; 14th August 2017 at 03:48 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't know why, but I find these cards underwhelming.

"It's not that I fanboy over my waifus, I just keep possession of their souls to my heart's content."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was only looking forward to the Counter Fairy support and I'm satisfied. Not exactly what I was expecting but I'll take it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that guy really going to be the cover card of the set? How the hell we go from firewall and borreload, two great cards, to this piece of crap? It's not even generic so you could try to use it in an ojama deck to combine with ojama king for full lock and even if it was, you don't want to place it in the extra monster zone so it needs even more set up...

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Konami's lost their damn minds, I tell you what. Beltlink Wall Dragon, Fire Prison and Parallel Port Armor should have stayed as anime-only cards, they're so fucking dumb and boring. (and Armor still should have summoned a link monster instead of an extra attack!) WHO THOUGHT THESE DUMB OVER-SPECIFIED FLOODGATES WERE A COOL, INTERESTING, SKILLFUL ADDITION TO THE DUEL AND WANTED TO RECREATE IT!? FUCKING NOBODY, THAT'S WHO!!

The Mythical Beasts are extremely weak, especially if it ends up being that you can't even summon the damn boss monster continuously with Pendulum summons. I mean, fucking Majespecters get automatic anti-card destruction and targeting on top of search on summon, this boss monster only gets some of that and only sometimes!

The Link Monsters are fine, I guess, even though Vullet still lack almost any way to use their stupid Link target effects.

True Shadow is useless and wouldn't have been used even back during the last wave of Six Sam support.

And of course, the most powerful and interesting new cards... are the fucking Counter Fairies. EBE is a weird joke card to throw into a constructed deck, but it does go really well with the hand traps. We finally got our new SitS, shame it doesn't count as that in the deck, or be an actual field spell. At least it's decent even in non-counter fairy decks. The counter trap is weird as hell, but pretty strong especially when you can remove both the discard and LP cost.

All in all, uh, this sucks. But then again, when doesn't it? (answer: whenever they make more Trickstars)
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 14th August 2017 at 04:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope there will be a lot more MD Trickstar monsters. And more Spells.

"It's not that I fanboy over my waifus, I just keep possession of their souls to my heart's content."

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the previous sets are any indication, there won't be any "Trickstar" (or "Gouki") main deck monsters here.
    Last edited by ThePhotonLegion; 14th August 2017 at 04:17 AM.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck, I just realized that SoP can't even be a 1-of fun tech in Trickstars since even though Lightstage sends S/T to the grave rather than destroys, it first needs to target them, which it can't here. There goes my hope for any real chance of generic Fairy support in this deck.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotonLegion View Post
    If the previous sets are any indication, there won't be any "Trickstar" (or "Gouki") main deck monsters here.
    If the previous show(s) is any indication, we'll barely get any more Trickstar support for the rest of the series. Frankly, the odds are stacked against #BestAnimeDeck2017, considering that they put Aoi into a coma already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotonLegion View Post
    If the previous sets are any indication, there won't be any "Trickstar" (or "Gouki" main deck monsters here.
    How can you be sure about that?

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because those characters were placed before Revolver in the previous set. So unless they fuck around with the order, and with what appears to be a Yusaku monster and a Revolver monster being right next to each other means there's no actual room for it.