User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: [VRAINS] Director Change

  1. #11
    Registered User Sanokal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,479
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Yeah, but that's because Kaiba did tons of other cool shit, like host tournaments, flaunt his wealth, be a supersmart hammy egomaniac with hacking powers before it was cool, become a Kaiba by winning a game of chess to go from rags to riches, be a reincarnation of a priest, etc. Revolver leads the Knights of Hanoi, but... they lame. And it feels like his father, Professor Cyberse or whatever, is the real mastermind, anyways.
    True, absolutely true.
    Sanokal

  2. #12
    Registered User KingKaash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    In all fairness, Kaiba is famous for never beating Yugi and he's still regarded as a badass.

    - - - Updated - - -
    That's totally true. But I feel like that was because Atem is Atem, the originator. He's the King of Games so Kaiba losing to the best ever and Atem/Yugi rarely ever losing was acceptable. They are the standard.

    Playmaker reaching Atem/Yugi levels this early is a little shocking and kinda kills the challenges the protagonist must face. Revolver is the leader of the Knights of Hanoi. He's presumably their strongest duelist and he lost with his ace out there. I don't see any other duelist in the show at this point that even comes close to giving Playmaker a challenge. I guess they can always make new strong characters but why let Revolver's hype die this early. Just kinda confused by this direction at this point

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Yeah, but that's because Kaiba did tons of other cool shit, like host tournaments, flaunt his wealth, be a supersmart hammy egomaniac with hacking powers before it was cool, become a Kaiba by winning a game of chess to go from rags to riches, be a reincarnation of a priest, etc. Revolver leads the Knights of Hanoi, but... they lame. And it feels like his father, Professor Cyberse or whatever, is the real mastermind, anyways.



    Agreed. Two ties in a row would feel weird, though, so I really wish he did lose. Although then there'd be an issue with Aoi still being in a coma, but, hey! That never should have happened in the first place, so...

    I really want Yusaku to lose a duel because the monster he gets from Storm Access is crap, or just doesn't help him in his current situation so he still loses, anyways. RNGesus isn't kind to AIs that don't pray.
    Yea I thought of the Aoi issue as well which they wrote themselves into there. They should've had Akira Zaizen searching for a code that could heal Aoi from the virus since he's so rich. Would've been good character development for Akira. So even if Playmaker lost, Akira would be able to save his sister but they'd all fear the threat of Revolver. Another issue would've been if Revolver won then the AI would've been handed over to Revolver and that's a main plot they want to keep going. But I feel like taking AI captive could've been a route to go down which forces Playmaker to learn on his own and work to rescue the AI as well.

    I doubt Storm Access will ever provide Playmaker crap, which is also sad. I actually want a duelist to knowingly try to take out Playmaker with Playmaker's LP above 1000 so he can't use his Storm Access. I hope they have an FTK duelist or something like that
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain


  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I doubt Storm Access will ever provide Playmaker crap, which is also sad. I actually want a duelist to knowingly try to take out Playmaker with Playmaker's LP above 1000 so he can't use his Storm Access. I hope they have an FTK duelist or something like that
    Spoiler Alert!
    Ghost Girl is literally trying that right now.

  4. #14
    Registered User Volteccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,334
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    Another issue would've been if Revolver won then the AI would've been handed over to Revolver and that's a main plot they want to keep going. But I feel like taking AI captive could've been a route to go down which forces Playmaker to learn on his own and work to rescue the AI as well.
    Yusaku could have just not handed Ai over. Why would he do something that helps his greatest enemy, just because he lost the match?
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

  5. #15
    Registered User KingKaash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Yusaku could have just not handed Ai over. Why would he do something that helps his greatest enemy, just because he lost the match?
    Yea that's how Yugioh anime works. You lose, you hand over whatever you wagered at the beginning. Just like when Revolver lost and gave up the virus removal program to cure Aoi. He didn't have to, but he did because he lost. I would expect the same for Yusaku if Yusaku lost. I believe the AI Ignis was wagered. But of course Yusaku didn't lose

    Quote Originally Posted by Greed the Ambitious View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    Ghost Girl is literally trying that right now.
    Spoiler Alert!
    I swear I did not watch Episode 14 before posting this. Crazy though! Go Ghost Girl
    Last edited by KingKaash; 18th August 2017 at 11:53 PM.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain


  6. #16
    Registered User lswarmruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, i just hope they get rid the special skill, like getting card from the tornado, it seems really weird and make yusaku win just based on luck. And it kinda like the action spell in arc v... why they cant just make any show without plot armor. Shining draw, action card, and the special skill is such a bs.
    Pendulum Summon is a mistake!!!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by lswarmruler View Post
    Man, i just hope they get rid the special skill, like getting card from the tornado, it seems really weird and make yusaku win just based on luck. And it kinda like the action spell in arc v... why they cant just make any show without plot armor. Shining draw, action card, and the special skill is such a bs.
    Sincerely, I don't care one bit about Yusaku's skill. Shining Draw was dumb, because it changed the card you would draw, but you can access the cards in your Extra Deck at any time, so, tecnically, you can pretty much ignore the fact that he's pulling new cards out of thin air. Gaining new Extra Deck monsters was something that always happened in the series, anyway.

  8. #18
    Registered User lswarmruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed the Ambitious View Post
    Sincerely, I don't care one bit about Yusaku's skill. Shining Draw was dumb, because it changed the card you would draw, but you can access the cards in your Extra Deck at any time, so, tecnically, you can pretty much ignore the fact that he's pulling new cards out of thin air. Gaining new Extra Deck monsters was something that always happened in the series, anyway.
    I cant agree with u, even though mc always play new monster/extra deck monster, but showing it by getting it by luck out of storm is worst and not look the same as if he already owned it. Even though the result is same but the procedure does matter, i mean he can just get a bad card from the storm that didnt match the situation. And worse yusaku must lower his life points to 1000 first.

    Vrains and almost all other yugioh animes protag kinda showing that in the end only luck is matter. The exception is Declan / akaba reiji which actually has real strategy.
    Pendulum Summon is a mistake!!!

  9. #19
    Registered User Sanokal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,479
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lswarmruler View Post
    I cant agree with u, even though mc always play new monster/extra deck monster, but showing it by getting it by luck out of storm is worst and not look the same as if he already owned it. Even though the result is same but the procedure does matter, i mean he can just get a bad card from the storm that didnt match the situation. And worse yusaku must lower his life points to 1000 first.

    Vrains and almost all other yugioh animes protag kinda showing that in the end only luck is matter. The exception is Declan / akaba reiji which actually has real strategy.
    I take exception to that. DM very often averted the need for luck.
    Sanokal

  10. #20
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lswarmruler View Post
    I cant agree with u, even though mc always play new monster/extra deck monster, but showing it by getting it by luck out of storm is worst and not look the same as if he already owned it. Even though the result is same but the procedure does matter, i mean he can just get a bad card from the storm that didnt match the situation. And worse yusaku must lower his life points to 1000 first.

    Vrains and almost all other yugioh animes protag kinda showing that in the end only luck is matter. The exception is Declan / akaba reiji which actually has real strategy.
    luck will always be a factor anyway, we've seen Yuya get brick hands for example. and Bullshitting a card from no where has been around since GX (Hello Neos and all it's various support cards and fusions that couldn't have possibly existed before (lookin at you Rainbow Neos)), you really should be used to this by now

    Storm Access isn't even that broken, compare it to the other skills like Go having a free Mass Rez for his archetype. Storm Access just puts a card in his extra, and as Revolver proved in their speed duel, it doesn't mean shit if it can't be summoned.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •