Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [VRAINS] Director Change

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Glory Dread. Glorious entertainment.
    The Zarc brand of entertainment to be more precise.

At least this got a happy ending though.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    But I do hope in the future that Storm access wont be Yusaku's main win condition the way it was with Yuya always getting perfect action cards to suite his situtation.
    I like it actually, better than Yuma's "I have all these Numbers, never gonna use em" or Yusei's "All these Synchros? Found em in the Trash (BTW The King of Games only has 4 Synchro Monsters)"

this way, everything gets a spotlight instead of turning into "Utopia + the ZW weapon of the month" or "Stardust & Junk Warrior til I need to OTK someone with Nitro"
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    and a point you are overlooking. who said there isn't Magic? or some equivlent in this case as Yusaku and Revolver clearly have some weird Network sense or something (Revolver's storm access made it seem like he could tell Topologic was there and he was fishing for it) and in Yusaku's case AI could have been helping him on it or are just having the Cyberse monster come to him (how many Code Talkers did he get now?). think about it this way, when he uses Storm access, he DOESN'T Convienently pull the one card that can save him, but rather the one Monster that CAN save him comes to him TO Save him (I can now hear a superfriends Parody with Link Bumper Screaming "THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR LINK BUMPER").
    I mean, maybe, but I doubt it. The whole digitally-created world/TRON aesthetic doesn't usually mesh well with magic, as opposed to the "magically sucked into the video game world!" trope. There could be magic later on in the series, but the tone doesn't feel magical at all. Everything feels like it's been designed by human hands. I suppose it could pull a reverse Arc-V, where lots of the magic ended up being explained by science, anyways, but I think that would be as unsatisfying here as it would there. It just feels conflicting to have the whole "AIs don't pray!" message and Yusaku's cold, calculating personality interact with magic.

Personally I suspect this Cyberse World might have been an attempt at some artificial Duel Spirit World, the Cyberse type being artificial duel spirits and are coming to Yusaku because he is the one force NOT Trying to exterminate or exploit them. Just because a explanation hasn't come yet doesn't mean one doesn't exist
    Sure, but like it was pointed out to me, just because an explanation hasn't come yet doesn't mean we know what will.

Also, you are basically complaining that Anime isn't realistic. What you call "Fantasy Rules" is actually "Shonen Rules", comes with the Genre, not the themed paint job. This is nothing new, even without magic the Any character with a name have always been obscenely lucky, even when they AREN'T the MC (Jesse Always having Crystal Beasts around despite having 7 (8 once he gets Rainbow Dragon) monsters in his deck). you will never enjoy this show if you expect reality in it
    ...What? I said several times that YGO is usually never realistic or consistent in favor of shonen "making the rules up as they go along", my point is that VRAINS feels like it's going for a genre shift, that it wants to be a smarter, more realistic, more logical version than usual, but fails because it still falls into the same writing pitfalls the rest of the series does, only without magic to cover for it. Going from purely fantastical things like Egyptian Gods or the multiverse to things we currently have, albeit far less advanced, feels to me like an attempt to make YGO more meaningful and "relevant", but that worries me because when Arc-V focused on the message instead of the plot, things got... stupid. And if Yusaku really does become some friendly guy who isn't afraid to take a step forward and try because he can emotionally resonate with the Cyberse Network, then... that could easily be stupid, too, if handled poorly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed the Ambitious View Post
    Sincerely, I don't care one bit about Yusaku's skill. Shining Draw was dumb, because it changed the card you would draw, but you can access the cards in your Extra Deck at any time, so, tecnically, you can pretty much ignore the fact that he's pulling new cards out of thin air. Gaining new Extra Deck monsters was something that always happened in the series, anyway.
    I'm not going to read all the long columns of text on some of these replies. But I just want to say that I agree with this that I have no problem with duelists having skills in VRAINS. A lot of the other times the characters just randomly get their ace monsters with magical techniques like Shining Draw or Heart of the Cards. At least this is a legit method of adding random cards to your deck.

I like to looks at Skills in the VRAINS network as a way of finding special items in an online video game. The only legit video game I played was Halo so in Halo it would be the equivalent of finding weapons out on the battlefield. Not the greatest example but I hope you get the point. So I look at users entering the VRAINS networks and dueling and finding monsters in Data Storms as a practical idea since VRAINS dueling is like virtual game.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain