User Tag List

Thread: Robot Buster Destruction Sword vs Tenki-like effects

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answered: Robot Buster Destruction Sword vs Tenki-like effects

Robot Buster's effect is the following:
    You can target 1 "Buster Blader" you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. While this card is equipped to a monster, Spell/Trap Cards that are already face-up on your opponent's side of the field cannot activate their effects. You can send this Equip Card to the Graveyard; the monster that was equipped with this card gains 1000 ATK until the end of this turn.
    Fire Formation - Tenki
    When this card is activated: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower Beast-Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. All Beast-Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK. You can only activate 1 "Fire Formation - Tenki" per turn.
    Union Hangar:
    When this card is activated: You can add 1 LIGHT Machine-Type Union monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, if a LIGHT Machine-Type Union monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned to your field (except during the Damage Step): You can target 1 of those monsters; equip 1 appropriate LIGHT Machine-Type Union monster, with a different name, from your Deck to that monster, but the Union monster you equipped cannot be Special Summoned this turn. You can only activate 1 "Union Hangar" per turn.
    Question: If my opponent activates Fire Formation - Tenki or Union Hangar while I control Buster Blader equipped with Robot Buster Destruction Sword, can Robot Buster Destruction Sword prevent them from adding a card from the deck to their hand?
    My friend says that it doesn't prevent tenki-like effects because they activate immediately when the card is activated, and not when it is already face-up on the field. It does make little sense to me, but I won't contradict him if I'm not 100% sure.
    Last edited by BBDD; 22nd August 2017 at 12:57 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

2. "Your friend is correct, it won't stop On-Activation effects. that's what the "Spell/Trap Cards that are already face-up" part is referring to. those effects are activating when the card itself is. Robot buster would be worded much differently if it could stop that."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your friend is correct, it won't stop On-Activation effects. that's what the "Spell/Trap Cards that are already face-up" part is referring to. those effects are activating when the card itself is. Robot buster would be worded much differently if it could stop that.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks you very much!
    I was hoping to side Robot Busster against his True Draco Zoodiac, but I'll find something else.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.