User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arc-V Finale Speculation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arc-V Finale Speculation

Exactly what is says on the tin. What do you think will happen? What would you like to see happen?

I'd like to see a legitimately shitty (or at least bittersweet, heavy on the bitter) ending, in stark contrast to the other YGO endings. Arc-V has been outside the box to an extent, but I think that they'd go that far, although it is fun to think about. This is a scenario I'd find interesting:

In the Xyz Dimension, having been so war-wracked by Academia, vow to never allow such atrocity to occur again. From the ashes of the Resistance, a new organization is formed, to protect their dimension from possible future threats. The Kurosaki siblings raise a new generation of duelists to recognize that dueling is war, and in order to prevent the tragedy that struck them before, they must be trained as soldiers to destroy all who seek to harm them. Heartland never gets its smiles back; instead, in an eerie shadow of Academia's footsteps, the Xyz dimension forms a duelist army. Fortunately, defense is their primary concern, not expansionism. At least, for now...

In the Synchro Dimension, the City is embroiled in civil war, Tops scrambling to maintain a degree of order, and Commons rioting violently, with Shinji in the thick of it. Crow, on the other hand, grows distant from his friend; while he is by no means a support of Tops, he does not want the children to become involved with the conflict, and thus tries to keep them safe and out of the way. Her dreams of moving up the social ladder shattered, Rin becomes a notorious D-Wheeler, a rogue without any true affiliation.

In the Fusion Dimension, in order to prevent organizations similar to Academia from reemerging, Serena assumes leadership, and outlaws dueling entirely, save for a small cabal of hand-picked duelists under her will. The dimension itself has been laid to waste as a result of the counter-invasion, and the population post-war does not exactly prosper under Serena's near-tyrannical reign. Any of Academia's survivors are imprisoned for life.

In the Standard Dimension, Reiji attempts to maintain a balance between the four dimensions, however the relationship is tenuous at best, and more often than not he's outright dismissed. The Leo Corporation gets a rename for obvious reasons, though it maintains its global dueling monopoly. Yuya is the last Yu standing, the other three gone for good. He never finds any trace of his father. Horrifically traumatized, he vows never to touch cards ever again. Despite Yuzu's best efforts, he never recovers from his miserable state.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's too early for this, we're missing too many plot points to guess such a thing but I think in the end all dimensions will become one and all counterparts will merge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by White Hollow View Post
    I think it's too early for this, we're missing too many plot points to guess such a thing but I think in the end all dimensions will become one and all counterparts will merge.
    That only means that outrageous guess have minimally more credibility. Besides, it's just as much for fun thought experiments as it is for legitimate predictions.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dimension merging is something I feel like excluding, but I really hope all the plan of Leo Akaba is something he devised to contrast Yusho's ambition.

I really wish for the final battle to be Yuya VS Yusho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post

I really wish for the final battle to be Yuya VS Yusho.
    The last duel is a departure duel in the series so far(Yugi vs Atem, Jaden vs Yugi, Yusei vs Jack, Yuma vs Astral)... since all of them have to do with departing... I wonder who Yuya will duel... Yusho would be interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last duel is a departure duel in the series so far(Yugi vs Atem, Jaden vs Yugi, Yusei vs Jack, Yuma vs Astral)... since all of them have to do with departing... I wonder who Yuya will duel... Yusho would be interesting
    I didn't mean the the final battle as the last duel, but as the final boss. I envisioned something like:

Akaba Leo and Sakaki Yuusho tries to awaken something that will grant power over all the dimensions so they can bring eternal order and peace. But the Power is too strong to be handled so Leo tries to back off, but Yuusho, intoxicated by the Entity, decides to get rid of Leo and reign over the universe alone.

The problem is when Leo actually survives and starts his counterattack. To contrast Yusho he creates Academia in order to unite the dimensions and find the bracelets that will make him able to seal the Entity (I believe carded people are used as an energy source, so invading dimensions and carding people is needed to actually build the seal and the 4 bracelets with their maidens will be the keys to the seal).

Sadly sealing stuff always fails in anime, and Yuya, possessing part of the power of the Entity (the Pendulum and the 4 Dragons) will face his now insane father, Yusho, to save the universe.

Just an hypotesis but I'd like something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    I didn't mean the the final battle as the last duel, but as the final boss. I envisioned something like:

Akaba Leo and Sakaki Yuusho tries to awaken something that will grant power over all the dimensions so they can bring eternal order and peace. But the Power is too strong to be handled so Leo tries to back off, but Yuusho, intoxicated by the Entity, decides to get rid of Leo and reign over the universe alone.

The problem is when Leo actually survives and starts his counterattack. To contrast Yusho he creates Academia in order to unite the dimensions and find the bracelets that will make him able to seal the Entity (I believe carded people are used as an energy source, so invading dimensions and carding people is needed to actually build the seal and the 4 bracelets with their maidens will be the keys to the seal).

Sadly sealing stuff always fails in anime, and Yuya, possessing part of the power of the Entity (the Pendulum and the 4 Dragons) will face his now insane father, Yusho, to save the universe.

Just an hypotesis but I'd like something like that.
    So it turns out Akaba Leo was good all along =D I like that idea but I can't see Yusho as the evil guy... although I see him helping out in the end. But it would be a pleasant surprise if they turn the tables on us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can imagine the ceremonial duel between Yuya and Yuzu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devocrown View Post
    Sigh... now I do too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it turns out Akaba Leo was good all along =D I like that idea but I can't see Yusho as the evil guy... although I see him helping out in the end. But it would be a pleasant surprise if they turn the tables on us.
    More than good, he would be bad but reasonable enough to not awaken something he has no way to control, whereas Yusho got "drunk with power" and he can't yhink straight anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devocrown View Post
    I thought since the start that in the last duel Yuya and Reiji would settle their score.

Besides, a girl doing such an important job? Too good to actually happen.