User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [OCG] V Jump and LINK VRAINS Pack Links

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    No. It said this: “include several Link Monsters to support OCG original themes"

Glad Beast was a Game Original archetype. As in, it premiered totally independent of, and before it was featured in the anime.

Anyway the V-Jump news confirms that out of the 12 V-Jump magazine promos we get this year, out of 12, NOT A SINGLE ONE will be a manga card. Not one...Single... Card.
    I'm struggling to recall the last time a V-Jump promo has been a Manga Card. Like, that's never been the case all throughout the Arc-V era either.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you talking about? We got Passinglider and Persona Dragon last year. And the year before that we got King Calamity, Dystopia and Tzolkien.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you talking about? We got Passinglider and Persona Dragon last year. And the year before that we got King Calamity, Dystopia and Tzolkien.
    Those kinda slipped my mind, which was why I was confused by your statement. Still, we've gotten more original V-Jump promos than Manga ones, to the point where the Manga ones slipped my mind.

For non-online TCG players, though, Manga cards that are made V-Jump promos are often doomed to a harrowing and hectic cycle of "will they, won't they" when it comes to their TCG releases. If you're lucky, and a US TCG player who happens to have a Shonen Jump online subscription when they decide to release one of those kinds of cards as subscription promos, then you might see it sooner than later. If you live outside the US, or don't have a subscription, or they just don't pick the Manga card you wanted? Too bad, so sad, as the saying goes. Your only hope is that Jump doesn't lay claim to them and they get imported in a TCG core Set or get reprinted in a Tin or a Special Edition as soon as possible.

And that is another "will they, won't they" all its own.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 31st August 2017 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Those kinda slipped my mind, which was why I was confused by your statement. Still, we've gotten more original V-Jump promos than Manga ones, to the point where the Manga ones slipped my mind.

For non-online TCG players, though, Manga cards that are made V-Jump promos are often doomed to a harrowing and hectic cycle of "will they, won't they" when it comes to their TCG releases. If you're lucky, and a US TCG player who happens to have a Shonen Jump online subscription when they decide to release one of those kinds of cards as subscription promos, then you might see it sooner than later. If you live outside the US, or don't have a subscription, or they just don't pick the Manga card you wanted? Too bad, so sad, as the saying goes. You're only hope is that Jump doesn't lay claim to them and they get imported in a TCG core Set or get reprinted in a Tin or a Special Edition as soon as possible.

I'm more concerned on when we'll receive a card that isn't a freaking Cyberse monster. How many have we gotten in a row now? Six?

@ThePhotonLegion Is this the same article Yuuri posted about earlier?
    Actually, it looks like it. Yeah. Oh well.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

For non-online TCG players, though, Manga cards that are made V-Jump promos are often doomed to a harrowing and hectic cycle of "will they, won't they" when it comes to their TCG releases. If you're lucky, and a US TCG player who happens to have a Shonen Jump online subscription when they decide to release one of those kinds of cards as subscription promos, then you might see it sooner than later. If you live outside the US, or don't have a subscription, or they just don't pick the Manga card you wanted? Too bad, so sad, as the saying goes. You're only hope is that Jump doesn't lay claim to them and they get imported in a TCG core Set or get reprinted in a Tin or a Special Edition as soon as possible.

Pretty bloody much.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of that changes my complaint. Maybe if Manga cards had more opportunities throughout the year to get printed wouldn't be such a complaint. But that is not the case. We are still missing 2 pendulums from Sora. 3 cards in the collectors pack, 4 Subscription promos, volume book promo and Premium Pack are all we are getting this year.

Being annoyed by how they import the promos is an entirely different and separate problem. If shueisha isn't printing them as promos, it's not as if they are going to come out somewhere else just like that. It's likelier the cards just won't get made at all.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 30th August 2017 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    I'm more concerned on when we'll receive a card that isn't a freaking Cyberse monster. How many have we gotten in a row now? Six?
    Pretty much this.
    Six Cyberse promos in a row, plus three Starter/Structure Decks in a single year... this is getting annoying. Combine it with them NOT releasing any non-link extra deck monsters in COTD, CIBR and probably EXFO (COTD had some, but they were only a few, very archetypal-specific, and were released just to complete the series of Servant Dragons and High King).
    Variety seems luckster this year.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Btw, which archetypes do you think will get the 18 links left?
    Before Gladiator Beasts, there was The Six Samurai. I know they have just received a "Link 3-like" Fusion, but they deserve a Link to enable Extra Deck summons in Main Monster Zones.

But even before The Six Samurai, there was Alien. Code A Ancient Ruins enabled some swarming combos that lead to summoning 3 Cosmic Fortesses + another monster. But that's no longer possible with only 1 Extra monster zone. Aliens got a great support card (A-Cell Recombination Device) not so long ago, so I have hope for a Link 2 Alien.

Other game-original monster families,... I recall Scraps. A Scrap Link monster that can destroy monsters it points to and special summon a Scrap Tuner would be very fitting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Before Gladiator Beasts, there was The Six Samurai. I know they have just received a "Link 3-like" Fusion, but they deserve a Link to enable Extra Deck summons in Main Monster Zones.

But even before The Six Samurai, there was Alien. Code A Ancient Ruins enabled some swarming combos that lead to summoning 3 Cosmic Fortesses + another monster. But that's no longer possible with only 1 Extra monster zone. Aliens got a great support card (A-Cell Recombination Device) not so long ago, so I have hope for a Link 2 Alien.

Other game-original monster families,... I recall Scraps. A Scrap Link monster that can destroy monsters it points to and special summon a Scrap Tuner would be very fitting.
    I really hope so, especially if reprints come with the link monster. Most alien cards were printed nearly a decade ago.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post

Motherfucking madolches. Madolches always wanted a good use for the lv3 besides making a invoker/leviair.

Also, there is a pun that i dont even know why they didnt do it, "Madolche Mousse", we have a dog and a cat, we need a mouse. It could be a link 1-2 madolche specific with maybe a revival effect? Or something like a summoner monk to discard a madolche card to summon a madolche from deck.