User Tag List

Thread: Suggested Rules for Real Deck Master duels

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggested Rules for Real Deck Master duels

I just happened to be thinking about the Virtual World arc and how the Duel Links game plays along the lines of Vrains speed duels and wondering how other versions of the game, like this one, could be played in real life. Turbo Duels would be kind of tricky and Action Duels also have a physical egg hunt element that is hard to pull off in real life unless you want to have someone run around the room hiding action cards before the game.

So I have tried to put together a rough idea of how Deck Master format could be played in real life.

Each player chooses a main deck monster from their deck at the start of the duel(before drawing cards) and special summons that monster to the Deck Master Zone- located below the Field Spell Zone.
    • Each player reveals their Deck Master before summoning it.

• Monsters that cannot be special summoned normally or must first be special summoned by special means or conditions cannot be summoned to the Deck Master Zone at this time.
      • They can only be summoned to the Deck Master Zone later by a Deck Master's own effect.

The duel then begins normally.

The continuous effect of a monster in the Deck Master Zone is always applied.

• Any effect of the monster in the Deck Master Zone that requires you to declare activation can only be used once a turn.

A monster in the Deck Master Zone cannot engage in Battle and cannot be flipped face down.

• Only monsters in the Deck Master Zone can target monsters in the Deck Master Zone with effects unless an effect specifically lists the Deck Master Zone.

• A monster in the Deck Master Zone cannot be equipped with a card.

• Spell and Trap card effects cannot target a monster in the Deck Master Zone unless the effect specifically lists the Deck Master Zone.
    • Monsters in the Deck Master Zone cannot be tributed or used as material for a Special Summon.
    • Except by the monster's own effect and only for the Special Summon of a Main Deck Monster.
    • Also, only if it is the only material needed for the Special Summon-the Special Summoned monster would always be summoned to the Deck Master Zone in its place.

You can Special Summon the monster in your Deck Master Zone to your Main Monster Zone during you Main Phase 1, 2, or Battle Phase.

• You cannot Special Summon a monster from your Deck Master Zone on your first two turns.

If your Deck Master Zone becomes empty, during your turn, you can Special Summon a monster from your hand to your Deck Master Zone.

• You cannot Special Summon a monster to your Deck Master Zone the turn you Special Summoned a monster from your Deck Master Zone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems good so far, but, especially these days, I would like to be able to use the special summon methods to upgrade my deckmaster. Although having those effects be always on might be problematic. I also understand why ou didn't make it so your deck master getting destroyed doesn't cause you to lose; with all the removal in the current game, it would basically make it impossoible to summon your deckmaster.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.