User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LINK VRAINS Pack: What NEEDS support?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    D/Ds aren't even in the running because they are Anime original.

This packs only supporting Decks that are game original.
    yeah, we know. doesn't mean they can't want Links

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    ZEFRA
    and it's composite Archetypes by extent
    Also D/Ds, it's their entire Shtick.....but all GO support here
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamaw View Post
    people who tell me "d/ds need more support because they used the extra deck a lot!" are becoming common and i'm honestly starting to wonder if you guys actually have TRIED the deck post-vrains.
    That's true for a LOT of decks. Peaple is just scared because the old combos are not possible anymore and they claim that "Master Rule 5 killed my deck!", without even trying giving it a run.
    For example, I've updated my Buster Blader deck for Link format and it's just as good as before. I can "consistently" (as much as a Buster Blader deck can be) summon RDA Bane, summon Abyss and 3 tuners with their effects, and then go for links. Lots of peaple claimed my deck was dead, and I've proven them wrong.

I really hope they're gonna support OLDER themes with this pack. First/Second Duel Terminal generations (Worms, Ice Barriers, Laval...) really deserve more supports, and not only because they need link monsters per se, but also because they need new cards.
    I also hope Mecha Phantom Beasts get their link. It'd work wonderfully with their token strategy, and they really need a consistent token-generator outside of the main trio (Raptor, Wolf, Harrliard) and Aerial Recharge.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    I really hope they're gonna support OLDER themes with this pack. First/Second Duel Terminal generations (Worms, Ice Barriers, Laval...) really deserve more supports, and not only because they need link monsters per se, but also because they need new cards.
    I also hope Mecha Phantom Beasts get their link. It'd work wonderfully with their token strategy, and they really need a consistent token-generator outside of the main trio (Raptor, Wolf, Harrliard) and Aerial Recharge.
    Mecha Phantom Beasts would be an obvious shoe-in.

I still wonder how accurate that rumor is? It doesn't mention Burning Abyss and Gladiator Beasts, which were already confirmed, but it did name Qli before Twitter did. Granted, the latter could have been a lucky break.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buster blader and RDAs do have a lot of revival stuff too! it's nice.

but the point isn't 'they have things they can do to go around it', the point is 'they have FIVE MONSTERS TO CIRCUMVENT IT', most of which being EASILY summoned from the extra deck.

D/Ds have had an insane amount of good support, and i think other archetypes deserve something, too. you can want links, just don't complain that D/Ds 'deserve' it.

there are plenty of archetypes that still need support for this new era to function on even the MOST BASIC OF LEVELS, the most egregious of examples here being ignknights, which can without hyperbole, literally do jack shit, as their main gimmick, popping themselves to set up for a huge pendulum summon, isn't really a thing with the new pendulum summon rules.

fusion/synchro heavy decks don't need it nearly as much as say, an xyz-heavy deck. xyz monsters have no materials when revived, so the best option here is to either replenish those materials, or just summon them to linked zones. any xyz deck that likes having more than one xyz monster out at a time are also a good pick.

quants, maybe geargias? tellars, lswarm. inzektors and digital bugs? hieratics.

trying to think of non-anime Xyz decks, because there's a lot of zexal era anime ones that could use help, too, and i get confused.

there's also decks that lack swarming power that links demand, but would really like more than one Extra Deck monster. stuff like Battlin' Boxers(not eligible for this pack).

and thirdly, pendulum decks that were designed around pendulum summoning from the ED. igknights.

these three should be focused on for new support before an archetype as well-supported and still as good as Declan's Devious Dudes.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buster blader and RDAs do have a lot of revival stuff too! it's nice.

but the point isn't 'they have things they can do to go around it', the point is 'they have FIVE MONSTERS TO CIRCUMVENT IT', most of which being EASILY summoned from the extra deck.

D/Ds have had an insane amount of good support, and i think other archetypes deserve something, too. you can want links, just don't complain that D/Ds 'deserve' it.

there are plenty of archetypes that still need support for this new era to function on even the MOST BASIC OF LEVELS, the most egregious of examples here being ignknights, which can without hyperbole, literally do jack shit, as their main gimmick, popping themselves to set up for a huge pendulum summon, isn't really a thing with the new pendulum summon rules.

fusion/synchro heavy decks don't need it nearly as much as say, an xyz-heavy deck. xyz monsters have no materials when revived, so the best option here is to either replenish those materials, or just summon them to linked zones. any xyz deck that likes having more than one xyz monster out at a time are also a good pick.

quants, maybe geargias? tellars, lswarm. inzektors and digital bugs? hieratics.

trying to think of non-anime Xyz decks, because there's a lot of zexal era anime ones that could use help, too, and i get confused.

there's also decks that lack swarming power that links demand, but would really like more than one Extra Deck monster. stuff like Battlin' Boxers(not eligible for this pack).

and thirdly, pendulum decks that were designed around pendulum summoning from the ED. igknights.

these three should be focused on for new support before an archetype as well-supported and still as good as Declan's Devious Dudes.
    The only thing that I took from that was that excellent acronym.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    The only thing that I took from that was that excellent acronym.
    i ramble a lot. i need new meds for my shit brain. i apologize in advance for my scatterbrained rants.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i ramble a lot. i need new meds for my shit brain. i apologize in advance for my scatterbrained rants.
    Don't apologize, it's all good fun.
    Sanokal