User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LINK VRAINS Pack: What NEEDS support?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LINK VRAINS Pack: What NEEDS support?

Okay. This pack, from what I understand, is supposed to help decks adjust to the VRAINS era/Master Rules 4/Link Rules.

What do YOU think needs support to function? What decks do you think NEED IT THE MOST?

Remember, archetypes that debuted in the anime, like D/Ds, are not getting support in this pack.

I personally think Igknights need support the most. They literally can't do their main play/strategy post MR4.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to say D/Ds...damn you Konami.

Evols. Otherwise you're sitting on a paperweight after negating.

Karakuri

Metalfoes

Dinomist

Basically most Pendulum stuff. Qli have Qlimate Change.

Jeez, there's a lot less when you remove anime stuff...

Super Quant

Tellarknights
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To begin, do note that a Burning Abyss Link Monster(s) and a Gladiator Beast Link Monster(s) are already confirmed by the official Japanese site to be included among the support.

There's a rumor about some stuff getting support. It's seemingly tied into the new OCG Banlist. Who can say what the validity of it is.

Themes for LINK VRAINS PACK:
    • Tellarknight
    • Shaddoll
    • Atlantean
    • Lightsworn
    • Ghostrick
    • Laval

Reprints in LINK VRAINS PACK:
    • Tellarknight Ptolemaeus (w/ Errata)
    • El Shaddoll Construct
    • Atlantean Dragoons
    • Lavalval Chain
    • Charge of the Light Brigade
    • Ghostrick Dullahan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quants, i agree with. xyz decks can't just revive their monsters like other ED types can.

d/ds almost certainly are one of the arc-v archetypes that does NOT NEED ANY LINK SUPPORT AT ALL.

literally at least 6 of their fucking extra deck monsters have revival effects. it's not a deck that can't adapt. will you have to change the list a little? sure, but it wasn't a deck that heavily relied on shit that couldn't be revived anyways.

people who tell me "d/ds need more support because they used the extra deck a lot!" are becoming common and i'm honestly starting to wonder if you guys actually have TRIED the deck post-vrains.

dinomist, according to my friends who play it, actually are doing super well compared to other pendulum decks. dinomist charge helps replenish your hand for better pend summons. seems pretty good still.

metalfoes are basically a more different igknights, but they don't rely solely on the pendulum summon.

karakuri? yeah, i can see how that might be a problem, but i dont play the deck nearly enough to say for sure.

tellars and evols, sure, but idk if giving them link monsters is gonna help with that problem much, since i dunno if they can swarm enough for it to be worth it.

sorry if i'm being weird for replying like this, sanokai but like, y'know. just adding in my two cents.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamaw View Post
    quants, i agree with. xyz decks can't just revive their monsters like other ED types can.

d/ds almost certainly are one of the arc-v archetypes that does NOT NEED ANY LINK SUPPORT AT ALL.

literally at least 6 of their fucking extra deck monsters have revival effects. it's not a deck that can't adapt. will you have to change the list a little? sure, but it wasn't a deck that heavily relied on shit that couldn't be revived anyways.

people who tell me "d/ds need more support because they used the extra deck a lot!" are becoming common and i'm honestly starting to wonder if you guys actually have TRIED the deck post-vrains.

dinomist, according to my friends who play it, actually are doing super well compared to other pendulum decks. dinomist charge helps replenish your hand for better pend summons. seems pretty good still.

metalfoes are basically a more different igknights, but they don't rely solely on the pendulum summon.

karakuri? yeah, i can see how that might be a problem, but i dont play the deck nearly enough to say for sure.

tellars and evols, sure, but idk if giving them link monsters is gonna help with that problem much, since i dunno if they can swarm enough for it to be worth it.

sorry if i'm being weird for replying like this, sanokai but like, y'know. just adding in my two cents.
    Nah, all good (except for getting my name wrong, that's an "l" at the end. Everyone seems to do that.)

In terms of Karakuri, their big plays consist of their multiple synchro monsters going off.

I say D/Ds largely because it can seem as if the TCG just likes to kick them in the nuts and because having all extra deck monsters is kinda their shtick more than their capabilities. Just gives 'em more options than their common opening.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qlis are getting a Link. I really hope it works for any pendulum.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ZEFRA
    and it's composite Archetypes by extent
    Also D/Ds, it's their entire Shtick.....but all GO support here
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Also D/Ds, it's their entire Shtick.....but all GO support here
    >Ragnarok
    >Alexander
    >High Alexander
    >Genghis
    >High Genghis

i think you'll live, somehow. the deck still functions perfectly fine, and can go into link monsters on its own perfectly fine anyways.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamaw View Post
    >Ragnarok
    >Alexander
    >High Alexander
    >Genghis
    >High Genghis

i think you'll live, somehow. the deck still functions perfectly fine, and can go into link monsters on its own perfectly fine anyways.
    TCG don't have High Genghis and High Alexander is crap. and if you want to go that route, than this entire pack is pointless as anything that would want their own Links doesn't need them because generic ones already exist.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D/Ds aren't even in the running because they are Anime original.

This packs only supporting Decks that are game original.