User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (EXFO) Tindangle and Jack Knight

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that they made a generic call of the haunted for L5+ monsters, just to be nice to people who might want that sort of thing. (ex: me)
    Jack Knights (or Jacknights as I'm sure they'll stupidly be called in the TCG) are interesting, wish their boss monster wasn't a Cyberse for no reason. Also wish that they merged the s/t pop and the monster pop into one card because as it stands right now, each are way too specific and way too costly for their meager effects.
    Tindangle, dumb name aside, are actually pretty cool and good when combined with the now-standard Tarotrei engine. Although I'm not sure what the point of giving your monsters to the opponent is...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Voltanis The Adjudicator
    If you look at Crowned by the World Chalice's text, the JP version mentions Jack Knights, while the EN version says Mekk-Knights. Im pretty sure they will be called Mekk-Knights...
    The dankest duelist you'll ever meet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, too, believe Tindangles look interesting. Though, I am more interested in Jack Knights due to the fact they look tricky to play. Also, why has no one mentioned this yet?

EXFO-JP056 星遺物が刻む傷痕 Sei Ibutsu ga Kizamu Kizuato (Scars Caused by the World Legacy)
    Field Spell Card
    (1) “Jack Knight” monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.
    (2) Once per turn: You can discard 1 “Jack Knight” monster or “World Legacy” card; draw 1 card.
    (3) You can banish 6 different “Jack Knight” monsters from your Graveyard and/or face-up on your side of the field; send all cards in your opponent’s hand and in their Extra Deck to the Graveyard.
    Seriously? Is it that insignificant? I mean, it sounds devastating on paper, but am I the only one that thinks it's pretty OP?
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post
    @Voltanis The Adjudicator
    If you look at Crowned by the World Chalice's text, the JP version mentions Jack Knights, while the EN version says Mekk-Knights. Im pretty sure they will be called Mekk-Knights...
    That's even worse...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    Seriously? Is it that insignificant? I mean, it sounds devastating on paper, but am I the only one that thinks it's pretty OP?
    It sounds hilarious too pull off and actually not too difficult. Everything in the deck has high stats and dumb effect negation with the backrow, so I can see their duels ending before the setup is ready, but against decks that can last longer, I can see it happening every other Duel. Combining this with how carefully you have to choose your columns, I can see this deck being a nightmare to play against (not for being too good, just for being complicated).
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    That's even worse...
    Maybe KoA will engrish it into Tindanger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Maybe KoA will engrish it into Tindanger.
    As much as I hate to say this, I hope KoA just completely changes the name to something that has neither tin nor dangle in it when neither accurately capture these cards aesthetic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I hate to say this, I hope KoA just completely changes the name to something that has neither tin nor dangle in it when neither accurately capture these cards aesthetic.
    Actually, the name Tindangle may be weird, but it makes sense. They are based on the Hounds of Tindalos. What you, Voltanis, suggested ruins the aesthetic, not helps it.
    The dankest duelist you'll ever meet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post
    Actually, the name Tindangle may be weird, but it makes sense. They are based on the Hounds of Tindalos. What you, Voltanis, suggested ruins the aesthetic, not helps it.
    No need to get Victorian England levels of passive-aggressive about it. And the point was that when you read "Tindangle", you see "tin dangle", which doesn't suggest "Tindalos" or "Angle" like it's supposed to, it just sounds silly. Even if it does make sense and technically works in theory, in reality the way the word is viewed suggests a totally different meaning that sounds dumb. Obviously the Japanese wouldn't notice or care but it's going to be really hard to take them seriously in the TCG, which is why I'm pretty sure they'll change it to keep the meaning intact without an unwanted secondary reading overpowering it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [...] in the TCG, which is why I'm pretty sure they'll change it to keep the meaning intact without an unwanted secondary reading overpowering it.
    Very unlikely unfortunately, the official subs kept the the same name.
    Cubic, Cyber Angel, Gimmick Puppet, Lunalight, Lyrilusc, Melodious, Performapal Odd-Eyes Magician, Phantom Knights, Predaplant, Qli, Raidraptor, Speedroid, Supreme King Magician, Windwitch