Thread: [Promo] White Aura Biphamet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XBrain130 View Post
    Nope. You need a Synchro Tuner.
    Whops, didn't notice that part.
    So... uh, Coral Dragon and Accel Synchron are a thing, I guess... but I can't really think of a deck that can summon it consistently, and I don't feel like it is worth it. Do you have any idea?
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    It summons the token in Defense position on your turn, so you can't "attack twice" the turn it is summoned. It revives itself in Defense Position as well, so no second attacking at that point either. It also can only generate a new token on your opponent's turn and only if you don't have any other tokens on your field whether or not they have anything to do with this card.

If you tribute the token or your opponent blows it up on your turn and your opponent blows up Biphomet, it stays dead. If you attack your opponent's monster with Biphomet and lose the battle, Biphomet stays dead. If you are caught without the token on your opponent's turn they could blow Biphomet up before you summon a new one. Or they could find some way to block you from Special Summoning. And of course if your field doesn't have the open slot to summon a token, your out of luck.

Also, what is with the token's name? It's a fish. The deck is all fishes. You'd think Biphamet was part of the Divine(God) Dragon series.
    • You cannot "attack twice" the turn it is summoned. And with your effect, I cannot attack twice if I've protected it. Both effs have downsides, and I don't see what the problem is.
    • It revives itself in Defence Position as well. See above.
    • It also can only generate a new token on your opponent's turn. Which is when your opponent is more probable to kill it.
    • If you tribute the token [...] With your effect, if you tribute the monster it stays dead, while with the OCG effect I can tribute the token and summon it again. I prefer to actually have a chance to revive it, instead of not having one at all.
    • [...] or your opponent blows it up on your turn and your opponent blows up Biphomet, it stays dead. Same with your effect. I don't see the problem.
    • If you attack your opponent's monster with Biphomet and lose the battle, Biphomet stays dead. That's the ONLY real downside of the OCG effect.
    • If you are caught without the token on your opponent's turn they could blow Biphomet uo before you summon a new one. If you don't have a token during your opponent's turn, I suppose you can just summon it. Where's the problem?
    • Or they could fine some way to block you from Special Summoning. If you want to find every single downside of the OCG effect, I can do the same with yours. They could find a way to negate Biphamet effect. Now what? Furthermore, if they kaiju the token, you can summon it again, and if they kaiju Biphamet itself, you at least have the token. With your effect, if you get kaiju'd you have nothing else.
    Last edited by BBDD; 17th September 2017 at 10:39 AM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Also, what is with the token's name? It's a fish. The deck is all fishes. You'd think Biphamet was part of the Divine(God) Dragon series.
    It's because the kanjis used for "Biphamet" (双頭神龍) mean "Two-Headed God Dragon".

Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    So... uh, Coral Dragon and Accel Synchron are a thing, I guess... but I can't really think of a deck that can summon it consistently, and I don't feel like it is worth it. Do you have any idea?
    Well, it should be obvious, but we're supposed to use Whale or Dolphin after they've been revived by their own effects as Tunas.
    Cubic, Cyber Angel, Gimmick Puppet, Lunalight, Lyrilusc, Melodious, Performapal Odd-Eyes Magician, Phantom Knights, Predaplant, Qli, Raidraptor, Speedroid, Supreme King Magician, Windwitch

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • You cannot "attack twice" the turn it is summoned. And with your effect, I cannot attack twice if I've protected it. Both effs have downsides, and I don't see what the problem is.
    • Yes, they both have down sides

• It revives itself in Defence Position as well. See above.
    Again, same difference between both effects.
    • It also can only generate a new token on your opponent's turn. Which is when your opponent is more probable to kill it.
    Protection all of the time vs. protection half of the time on the hope that your opponent doesn't favor screwing you on your own turn instead of theirs.
    • If you tribute the token [...] With your effect, if you tribute the monster it stays dead, while with the OCG effect I can tribute the token and summon it again. I prefer to actually have a chance to revive it, instead of not having one at all.
    This is just an aesthetic thing for me. It's a two headed beast. Now I'm just visualizing sacrificing one of its heads without the other.
    • [...] or your opponent blows it up on your turn and your opponent blows up Biphomet, it stays dead. Same with your effect. I don't see the problem.
    Yep, same difference again.

• If you attack your opponent's monster with Biphomet and lose the battle, Biphomet stays dead. That's the ONLY real downside of the OCG effect.
    hmmm...
    • If you are caught without the token on your opponent's turn they could blow Biphomet uo before you summon a new one. If you don't have a token during your opponent's turn, I suppose you can just summon it. Where's the problem?
    ... If they blow up Biphomet before you summon a new token, no you can't summon it. That was my point.
    • Or they could fine some way to block you from Special Summoning. If you want to find every single downside of the OCG effect, I can do the same with yours. They could find a way to negate Biphamet effect. Now what? Furthermore, if they kaiju the token, you can summon it again, and if they kaiju Biphamet itself, you at least have the token. With your effect, if you get kaiju'd you have nothing else.
    I know Kaijus are popular right now, but a single monster does not need to tailor itself to every specific archetype strategy that is currently meta. Meta decks come and go.

My version is a bit simpler. I never said it was better. That's a statement you made about the ocg effect. But your analysis now show finding that alot of the points just end up ultimately being the same between both versions.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 17th September 2017 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    I mean, sure, but only during the Synchro era itself, but that's to be expected; barely a Synchro has been played in the meta since. As opposed to Xyz which have long overstayed their welcome, in addition to Ritual decks like Necloth or Fusion decks like Invoked that were meta long after DM or GX. Obviously Pendulums aren't going to get another chance to shine in the Link era due to the format shift.
    did you forget Synchro Dark?
    AKA the deck that came out of fucking no where and got Level eater banned in the OCG?

Also, D/D/D. their entire strategy was to drop Crystal Wing and Siegfried turn 1 or lose. yes they used Fusions to get there, but it's the Synchros that actually mattered
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw an idea of using Red Resonator with a Level 4 Monster that either Summons itself back or replaces itself with another Level 4 Monster, such a Performage Trick Clown, Ohja, or Reborn Tengu.

Use the two Monsters to make Coral Dragon, then use it and the replaced/resurrected Monster to make Biphamet.

It's not really that hard to Summon in that case.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    did you forget Synchro Dark?
    AKA the deck that came out of fucking no where and got Level eater banned in the OCG?

Also, D/D/D. their entire strategy was to drop Crystal Wing and Siegfried turn 1 or lose. yes they used Fusions to get there, but it's the Synchros that actually mattered
    Level Eater was going to get banned regardless because of its power for Link Summons. And Synchro Dark still largely uses a core built around cards from the Synchro era with really not that many new things compared to how many powerful Xyz monsters they've made years after ZeXal ended. (not to mention cards that just so happen to work really well in Xyz builds, like Brilliant Fusion to mill Trick Clown to summon it and Thousand Blades) D/D/D is fine, Crystal Wing is obviously the best new Synchro monster post-5Ds, but the fact remains that a solid majority of the time, when Konami drops new Synchro monsters or Synchro support, they're vastly outdated compared to new Xyz support or the like. Y'all can bring up the one or two surprise contender deck all you want, nothing changes the fact that Synchro gets the short end of the stick super often.
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 17th September 2017 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Level Eater was going to get banned regardless because of its power for Link Summons. And Synchro Dark still largely uses a core built around cards from the Synchro era with really not that many new things compared to how many powerful Xyz monsters they've made years after ZeXal ended
    Level eater was going to be banned before Links, which it can't eat, even existed and over 6 months before they would be released? k.

but:
    I just don't understand why Konami is so afraid of making good, cost-effective Synchro monsters when they clearly aren't going to be meta almost ever again. Like, they seem fine making some fairly on-curve Fusions and Rituals, but Synchros are like permanently one series worth of power creep behind the rest. What did Synchro ever do to earn Konami's ire?
    Synchro Dark is your answer. As a Mechanic, Synchro is far and away the most abusable summon due to it's extremely generic material (Literally anything that has a level), how easy it is to recover that material (Hellooooo (and goodbye) Level eater) and is near impossible to hit without killing outright due to how flexible it is.

As you said, Synchro Dark was primarily 5D's era stuff AND IT STILL KICKED ASS, they needed absolutely no support to keep up with decks with over 5 years of powercreep on them. all 2010 stuff with some generic engines thrown in. all they needed was 2 New Synchros, Psyframe lord Omega and Crystal Wing.
    remember how many times they had to hit Quickdraw Dandywarrior before finally just killing it? in any Xyz deck it's as simple as hitting the engine. for Synchro's a new combo will just be found to replace anything that was hit.

compared to Xyz, which have far stricter conditions. R7NKs being to OP? hit the level 7 monsters. no other Xyz deck is affected.
    Hit Quickdraw plant? Hit Dandy. oh shit now we need to hit Dopplewarrior. oh and Plaguespreader. And Glow-up bulb.......then Spore, how many self reviving tuners did we make? sucks to be anything that used those generic tuners

so yes, they are afraid to make synchros as power-creeped as Xyz or anything else. because there is precedent that they can come out of nowhere in ways they cannot predict and tank multiple hits from the banhammer.
    Quickdraw Dandy proved that combo pieces can be easily replaced
    Synchro dark proved that the now 7 year old engine is still very capable of keeping up, all they needed was a few Power-creeped Synchro to match and they shat on everything

they can't rein it in as easily, so they are afraid to give them an inch, lest they take the next 2-3 months of tournaments from whatever they are actually trying to sell

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Level eater was going to be banned before Links, which it can't eat, even existed and over 6 months before they would be released? k.
    Yeah, bro. Even though it feels like they pulled Links out of their ass in a minute, they were obviously in development for likely at least a year before being revealed, that's how businesses usually work. And you don't need to eat the Link when you can eat some Level 8-10 monster, go for Linkuriboh, resummon Level Eater, go for Proxy Dragon and then go for just about any Link 3 or 4 monster with generic conditions, possibly even two or more of them, all from two cards easily searched. And if you actually read what I said, I said that they were going to ban Level Eater because of that eventually, not that they necessarily did at the time, it was just a happy coincidence that let them do it earlier.

but:

Synchro Dark is your answer. As a Mechanic, Synchro is far and away the most abusable summon due to it's extremely generic material (Literally anything that has a level), how easy it is to recover that material (Hellooooo (and goodbye) Level eater) and is near impossible to hit without killing outright due to how flexible it is.
    That flexibility has always been its weakness, though. You have tons of variables that can be hard to account for. You often have to cut out marginally useful toolbox monsters to ensure you have enough Synchros at every level to work with what you have on the field. Unlike a R4NK deck that only needs to worry about having L4 monsters, Synchros have only so many L6',s 7's, 8's, etc. Also, Synchro is not "far and away the most abusable summon", you literally need a specific kind of monster every time you summon one, much in the same way you (usually) do for Fusions or Rituals. Links and Xyz are clearly more abusable due to their more general requirements, that's why Ranks have dominated far greater than Synchros.

As you said, Synchro Dark was primarily 5D's era stuff AND IT STILL KICKED ASS, they needed absolutely no support to keep up with decks with over 5 years of powercreep on them. all 2010 stuff with some generic engines thrown in. all they needed was 2 New Synchros, Psyframe lord Omega and Crystal Wing.
    One deck still doesn't prove that Synchros are overly powerful, pretty sure that's proof that they're actually quite weak. Like, there have been several big Xyz decks topping over the years, Synchros one time in the sun doesn't mean much. And yes, I agree, the original Synchros are very powerful, the original Brionac is the single most powerful card in the game, some of the other Ice Barrier Synchros are as well. That's literally my point, though, that most of the best Synchro monsters are old as fuck, with only 2 new ones having a major impact. Compare that to Xyz where stuff like Castel, The Lightning, Tornado Dragon and Tapir, all coming out much later, even just a few months ago, have been a boost to most every R4NK deck in existence. Wouldn't it be nice if, say, Beelze or Scar-Right had made such an impact?

remember how many times they had to hit Quickdraw Dandywarrior before finally just killing it? in any Xyz deck it's as simple as hitting the engine. for Synchro's a new combo will just be found to replace anything that was hit.

compared to Xyz, which have far stricter conditions. R7NKs being to OP? hit the level 7 monsters. no other Xyz deck is affected.
    Hit Quickdraw plant? Hit Dandy. oh shit now we need to hit Dopplewarrior. oh and Plaguespreader. And Glow-up bulb.......then Spore, how many self reviving tuners did we make? sucks to be anything that used those generic tuners

so yes, they are afraid to make synchros as power-creeped as Xyz or anything else. because there is precedent that they can come out of nowhere in ways they cannot predict and tank multiple hits from the banhammer.
    Quickdraw Dandy proved that combo pieces can be easily replaced
    Synchro dark proved that the now 7 year old engine is still very capable of keeping up, all they needed was a few Power-creeped Synchro to match and they shat on everything

they can't rein it in as easily, so they are afraid to give them an inch, lest they take the next 2-3 months of tournaments from whatever they are actually trying to sell
    And yet Links are still a long ways from being viable and Xyz continues to be the Extra Deck filler of choice for the vast majority of top tier decks. Which is obvious, you don't need to add new cards into a deck to use Xyz, you just need to have monsters of the same level. Even if your deck was all about the main deck and the monsters had wildly different levels, you literally had no disincentive not to throw stuff in just in case you got two of the same monsters out. During the Pendulum era, Konami showed no fear about releasing the grossly unfun and unskilled Utopia The Lightning into the game and in the end, made far stronger Xyz than Synchros when it came to Yuya's own deck. (though the opposite is true for Reiji, I'll admit)

I really don't see this as proof that Synchros have a hidden strength that Konami is afraid to unleash, I just see it as the exception that proves the rule of Konami having largely abandoned Synchros in favor of Xyz and now Links, especially when the main Xyz power-up mechanic only needs you to have 1 Xyz whereas most of the power-up Synchros are based on having multiple at once.
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 18th September 2017 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, bro. Even though it feels like they pulled Links out of their ass in a minute, they were obviously in development for likely at least a year before being revealed, that's how businesses usually work. And you don't need to eat the Link when you can eat some Level 8-10 monster, go for Linkuriboh, resummon Level Eater, go for Proxy Dragon and then go for just about any Link 3 or 4 monster with generic conditions, possibly even two or more of them, all from two cards easily searched. And if you actually read what I said, I said that they were going to ban Level Eater because of that eventually, not that they necessarily did at the time, it was just a happy coincidence that let them do it earlier.
    so you are also telling me that they had Linkuriboh designed from the start

also if they were that concerned and had it not been banned, they probably would have just errata'd it prior to Links like they did with Catapult Turtle prior to Pendulums.

That flexibility has always been its weakness, though. You have tons of variables that can be hard to account for. You often have to cut out marginally useful toolbox monsters to ensure you have enough Synchros at every level to work with what you have on the field. Unlike a R4NK deck that only needs to worry about having L4 monsters, Synchros have only so many L6',s 7's, 8's, etc. Also, Synchro is not "far and away the most abusable summon", you literally need a specific kind of monster every time you summon one, much in the same way you (usually) do for Fusions or Rituals. Links and Xyz are clearly more abusable due to their more general requirements, that's why Ranks have dominated far greater than Synchros.
    ....I almost feel insulted reading that. if you don't account for the "tons of variables", then it's what we call a player problem, most likely caused by an imbalanced deck. the solution is to git gud and rebalance your deck properly. you never need to include synchros at Every level, only levels 5-8 + Formula Synchro really mattered, no need to get a certain number of each level. by that logic Xyz and Links are even worse as there is a total of 129 Rank 4 Monsters and you can only pick 15. and when Links get as many they will have it even harder because they aren't divided by ranks

yes a R4NK deck can get all 15 cards of their extra with 2 level 4s, any competently built Synchro deck shouldn't have issues doing the same, even if it's not all 15 with the exact same combination of 2 cards. the real difference is that one of them takes skill.

Play Quickdraw Dandy, then tell me that again with a straight face. on what fucking planet is flexibility a weakness.
    a Rank 4 can only be made by 2+ level 4s. never anything else
    a Level 8 Synchro can be made with a 4+4, 3+5, 2+2+4 et fucking cetera. this means that any given opening hand with a synchro deck gives a FUCKLOAD of options, not only for what to summon but exactly what resources you use to summon it.

By your "Logic" Cyber Dragon infinity had a weakness in that it could be made with level 4s, 5s or 6s....oh wait no that's exactly why it was absurdly good

And most importantly of all, Synchros can be used as Synchro Material.
    Summon Castel and use its effect. it is now a normal monster for the rest of the game that you can't even use as material, til links anyway. Cards like this are only valuable because the game speed is at terminal velocity.

Summon Brio, use it's effect, revive a tuner that you probably just discarded (and probably revives itself to boot), sync for more stuff, revive it later for more use

and the reason why Ranks dominated is
    A, power Creep, until Crystal Wing they never made new synchros with effects worth using. and when some of the first Xyz created was literally Solemn Judgment with 2400ATK......
    B, as a mechanic, Xyz scale better to higher game speeds. they generally have more powerful effects at the "Cost" of only having 1-3 shots with them, and not having them if they are revived etc. Games no longer last long enough for that to matter

What makes Synchros AS A MECHANIC (I feel the need to reiterate that, since last time I gave this rant someone said "Utopia the Lightning" as a counterargument. though I have a better opinion of you then THAT Moron) so Abusable and thus WHY KONAMI IS AFRAID OF THEM is because:
    A, they need nothing specific. Tuners set themselves up more often than not and they need to spell cards like fusions
    B, material goes straight to grave, where if can be recycled at once, and probably does so itself, something Xyz cannot do without using their effects first.

This lead to a shitload of loops among other things Konami never wanted to see.

Just to reiterate this point, allow me to introduce you to JIAOTU, DARKNESS OF THE YANG ZING WHO CAN SUMMON DAMN NEAR EVERY SYNCHRO MONSTER IN THE GAME COMPLETELY ON HIS OWN and yes that needed to be all caps
    I don't think Konami intended to make, Say MAJESTIC RED DRAGON with this thing when they printed it.

TL;DR, Synchros have a history of not behaving as intended, and Konami doesn't like that.
    I really don't see this as proof that Synchros have a hidden strength that Konami is afraid to unleash
    sorry to hear that you can't read, because that's exactly the case. Synchro Dark is proof that they cannot predict what players can do with the Synchro Mechanic, too many variables for them. someone else figured out a way to make a 7 year old deck compete and Konami didn't like it. This isn't Theorycrafting, this is History they don't want repeating.