User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banlist 18/09/17

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Grandsoil? I can only assume that this was preemptive regarding Zoos...
    https://yugiohblog.konami.com/?p=28925
    Firewall+Grandsoil loop showed up in a tournament, so Konami really had to do something about it (since loops should't be allowed in this game)... but at the same time, they didn't want to limit Firewall so early.

Btw, I'm happy that Dino is still playable. Just with more dinos, and less cancer.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    https://yugiohblog.konami.com/?p=28925
    Firewall+Grandsoil loop showed up in a tournament, so Konami really had to do something about it (since loops should't be allowed in this game)... but at the same time, they didn't want to limit Firewall so early.

Btw, I'm happy that Dino is still playable. Just with more dinos, and less cancer.
    Knew it had to be something like that. I was thinking Links, but then I figured, surely not.

Yesssss...Dinosaurs ain't dead yet! We in the TCG are now the Lost World!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post

Dragon Ravine will make many people happy but I do wonder if Wavering Eyes was a tad too much for Pendulums? hen again, Links neutered them pretty hard... (I'm just thinking aloud here.)
    Yeah, wavering eyes was good when you set your scales with stuff you wanted to summon anyway, then just got a free card before setting new scales and bringing them back. (It was even better when the stuff you destroyed either had single-time effects or ones that activated on destruction, but misty of those are gone now). Since you can now really only get one back, wavering eyes is a less attractive prospect.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the list, but I wish Masterpeace and Diagram was banned along with scapegoat and Gofu. I would also like to see quickfix limited, but Konami wants that new Spyral tier 1 profit and oviraptor still at three is horrible it needa to be limited.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    I like the list, but I wish Masterpeace and Diagram was banned along with scapegoat and Gofu. I would also like to see quickfix limited, but Konami wants that new Spyral tier 1 profit and oviraptor still at three is horrible it needa to be limited.
    Why should they limit Quickfix BEFORE Double Helix release? Spyrals aren't doing NOTHING at the moment. And since the TCG meta is not burning like the OCG one, I don't think Spyrals will be as powerful as in Japan. True Draco is still a thing, and ABC will receive Dead Drake soon. They both have a good matchup against Spyrals, since Sleeper cannot kill Master Peace and Dragon Buster can just dodge it.
    And I don't think Oviraptor deserves a limit. Dino won't do anything without Lithosagim and Denglong. They were cancer, but now they're just a fun, playable deck.

Btw, I was looking the banlist at the Konami site, and it's written that we shall expect a new banlist not before November 2017. Two opinions:
    - Like what happened with this banlist, I think they will release it during mid December/early January.
    - I like that they at least are giving us some hints. OCG has fixed dates, but this is an improvement over what we had the last year.
    Last edited by BBDD; 18th September 2017 at 08:25 PM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you say about dinos is true, but I think of limiting quick fix as a precaution to a potentially spyral dominated format.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol Brain Control. Edit: Wait, read that wrong. Brain Control is coming down from being Limited.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 18th September 2017 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    lol Brain Control. Edit: Wait, read that wrong. Brain Control is coming down from being Limited.
    I totally glossed over that. Time to look for the many brain controls I have in my pile of forgotten cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More than hitting Quickfix, they should hit machine duplication. In this link era mach dup is dopped as everything you summon can combo with links (before u usually just rk1 or make some synchro plays, but using more card than just mach dup).

Anyways, i see the banlist very good:
    - A shot in the face to zoodiacs who should have never existed.
    - Leaving Diagram and Master peace seems ok as they have hit hard true draco's motor (Seriously, without dinomight they have lost a lot of consistency), and since Disaster is banned a few other decks will be able to abuse diagram (No more 3 baby dinosaurs in a turn thanks)
    - Portal of the six is great, with the new support and now beign able to combo with links too sams may be competitive again. This type of things is what they should do more often in banlists, give old archetypes backs his "broken" cards and see how well they do nowadays (by example, Zenmaity could be back if they ban hunter, so the loop to destroy hand is still banned but wind-up may be able to be playables)
    - Hyper at 2 is a surprise, but if you think about it, it make sense, as now is hard to summon 2 of them at the same time AND keep with the synchro mayhem, and if you manage to do it, then i think that it is fair as it is hard to do.
    - Emeral banned is surprising too, i though that beign limited would be enough as it would not be able to recycle himself, but maybe there are combos with firewall for more loops (seriously firewall, how can you be so broken)
    - A lot of "potential combo cards" like rescues or summoner monk have been set to 3, and i like that, they open new opportunities to try new decks or techs. Aslo, if i dont remember bad dinno rabbit is full now (but only 1 macro)
    - El-shaddoll and math ar back to 2, a little step foward, now if they would just return to 1 construct...

Also, i see in this banlist a huge improvement to vendread, math to 2, burial to 2, preparation of rites to 2, light brigade to 3... it may have good potential with the support from the next booster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp. Goodbye, Yang Zings. Actual Yang Zing decks and not Dinos with 3-4 Yang Zing cards already stuggled with Link rules and now we lost Deng Long. So glad I just got an entire Zarc magician deck that just got wavering back or I'd be fugged with no god decks. Yang Zing has been my pet deck since it came out so I'm pretty salty.
    Didnt even kill Master Peace or Diagram.

Edit: And we STILL dont have Wind-Up carrier/Ban Hunter like OCG goddamn