User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I was not ready for this

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    The concept of merging Armed Dragon with the alphabet unions to unify his deck just feels so forced to me.
    A lot of fusions in GX anime feel forced (roid+Hero, roid+dino, Neos+Rainbow Dragon, Neos+Yubel,...). Not unlike some DM fusions (Summoned Skull+REBD, BEUD+BLS,...).

So, in a sense, feeling forced makes is faithful to the anime and to the characters. Like the character could really have used this card if the anime got new episodes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    So Chazz support. Nice. But of which archetype? VXXYZ or Armed Dragon?

It's essentially impossible to summon, but once you do, the opponent might as well surrender. This is some crazy powercreep.

So what's next from the GX era? I'm officially interested.
    If rumor has it right, 3 more Chazz support cards (Armed Dragon-related, allegedly), and Crowler and Jesse support.

Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    Freaking yes! Vwxyz and armed dragon support in one!? Armed dragon lvl 7 is not hard to bring out using cards like lvl up and a monster appears as well as lvl modulation and I guess multiple copies of fusion tag could help bring out vwxyz. The effect is also great, but to be honest the concept is what should be praised, since this card is very difficult to summon.
    I don't believe Fusion Tag would work, as you have to have Summoned the Fusion Materials in the Duel to even Summon this card. Unless you did Summon VWXYZ - Dragon Catapult Cannon already, but then it's likely still on the field or in the GY, making using Fusion Tag redundant, and not so much in the best way in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Appereantly some Geargiano + Machine Duplication Shenanigans, as well as older and recent Union support can be used to get VWXYZ, while Armed Dragon LV 7 can be summoned with A Wild Monster Appears. Not that this would be viable in any way, but I somehow feel chalenged to try it now.
    Would you elaborate, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    A lot of fusions in GX anime feel forced (roid+Hero, roid+dino, Neos+Rainbow Dragon, Neos+Yubel,...). Not unlike some DM fusions (Summoned Skull+REBD, BEUD+BLS,...).

So, in a sense, feeling forced makes is faithful to the anime and to the characters. Like the character could really have used this card if the anime got new episodes.
    This, in a sense (I don't consider them "forced", personally). That's how most of the more iconic Fusions were made, especially back in the day.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 24th September 2017 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I don't believe Fusion Tag would work, as you have to have Summoned the Fusion Materials in the Duel to even Summon this card. Unless you did Summon VWXYZ - Dragon Catapult Cannon already, but then it's likely still on the field or in the GY, making using Fusion Tag redundant, and not so much in the best way in this instance.
    VWXYZ must be Summoned but you can use Fusion Tag on XYZ (or VW, but you probably wouldn't because this one is actually easy to summon) to summon VWXYZ.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay but at the very least, those oddball fusions being in the anime made them iconic to a degree. There are specific episodes you can look back on when summoning those monsters and think "aw man, this is just like that one time!" that you can't do with this because there wasn't that one time. And a warrior sitting atop a robot pedestal, a robo-dinosaur, (of which one of the materials already was, I might add. Also that wasn't actually a fusion, it was just a visual way to show Super Vehicroid - Stealth Union equipping Super Conductor Tyranno to itself. And again, that dino was already mechanical-looking) and then a space warrior made to adapt by merging with others fusing with a mythical dragon or the demon sworn to protect it feel much more fitting than... combining (gattai) robot and evolving dragon, especially when it ain't even the strongest of said dragons, just the most iconic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    you can't do with this because there wasn't that one time
    True. But if we think about it like that, this whole set is an exercise in futility: giving cards to characters who have never and will never use them, but market it to players as character cards.
    Last edited by Link-0; 24th September 2017 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    (Armed Dragon-related, allegedly)
    I hope this will also be generic "LV" support. Level Modulation was an anime-original card used by Manjoume. In a what-if scenario, that character could have new generic "LV" support cards.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we'll get that card that can trade in ojamas on the field for union monsters, just to add to the synergy.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    True. But if we think about it like that, this whole set is an exercise in futility: giving cards to characters who have never and will never use them, but market it to players as character cards.
    Also true. But at least something like the new Thousand-Eyes looks and plays more or less like the original but cooler, so it's not hard to imagine it being used. It's a continuation of one pre-existing theme instead of a rather odd merger of two totally different themes that creates a hybrid that looks... uh, basically it kind of doesn't look like a real card. Smashing two contrasting monsters together like that is just an especially odd design choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Maybe we'll get that card that can trade in ojamas on the field for union monsters, just to add to the synergy.
    Oh! I want this just for something wacky like ABC ojamas.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how many profit its predecessor made? Cause i don't see many people getting attracted to this set