User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I was not ready for this

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    A lot of fusions in GX anime feel forced (roid+Hero, roid+dino, Neos+Rainbow Dragon, Neos+Yubel,...). Not unlike some DM fusions (Summoned Skull+REBD, BEUD+BLS,...).

So, in a sense, feeling forced makes is faithful to the anime and to the characters. Like the character could really have used this card if the anime got new episodes.
    All of those that you mentioned were a result of tag-team double duels with the exception of Yubel, bu that is a different kind of situation. This card is not a result of that in concept at all. So that argument is null.
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This, in a sense (I don't consider them "forced", personally). That's how most of the more iconic Fusions were made, especially back in the day.
    Again, those were a result of two duelists tag-team dueling and were a manifestation of their teamwork. That is nowhere near the case with this card. Unless the story behind this card is that Chazz cloned himself so he could have a dueling partner...

If you wanted to make that argument you'd have to use the ultimately inconsequential Alligator Sword Dragon or the more curious Dark Paladin. But even then, a dragon rider and a magic swordsman are a far cry from the randomness of fusing something like Armed Dragon LV7 with something like VWXYZ. This card is very clearly a forced concept.

Your not going to expect to see Multiple Piece Golem to fuse with Red Nova Dragon...
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 24th September 2017 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    VWXYZ must be Summoned but you can use Fusion Tag on XYZ (or VW, but you probably wouldn't because this one is actually easy to summon) to summon VWXYZ.
    True.

I hope this will also be generic "LV" support. Level Modulation was an anime-original card used by Manjoume. In a what-if scenario, that character could have new generic "LV" support cards.
    That would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Maybe we'll get that card that can trade in ojamas on the field for union monsters, just to add to the synergy.
    No Anime cards in this pack. Just Anime-inspired game original cards.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Again, those were a result of two duelists tag-team dueling and were a manifestation of their teamwork. That is nowhere near the case with this card. Unless the story behind this card is that Chazz cloned himself so he could have a dueling partner...

If you wanted to make that argument you'd have to use the ultimately inconsequential Alligator Sword Dragon or the more curious Dark Paladin. But even then, a dragon rider and a magic swordsman are a far cry from the randomness of fusing something like Armed Dragon LV7 with something like VWXYZ. This card is very clearly a forced concept.
    Agree to disagree, then, because I do not "very clearly" see this as "forced" in any meaningful way.

In truth, I'd go as far as to say that saying it is forced feels forced, due to the rather arbitrary criteria you're giving for what constitutes being "forced".
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 24th September 2017 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this will also be generic "LV" support. Level Modulation was an anime-original card used by Manjoume. In a what-if scenario, that character could have new generic "LV" support cards.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that after the way they supported Silent Swordsman and Silent Magician by basically ditching the whole LV mechanic altogether. Look how they approached the Moth cards in this set with Super Cocoon. Their solution is to just ditch the whole concept-make a bypass instead of working to better the original concept.

In truth, I'd go as far as to say that saying it is forced feels forced, due to the rather arbitrary criteria you're giving for what constitutes being "forced".
    It feels forced that I think it's forced because I consider there a difference between this card and fusions that were created specifically as a manifestation of the teamwork between two duelists? What was the concept for this card supposed to be? "Majyoume has this card and then he has that card... let's smash them together! We can defend it later-or not. I'm on my second bottle of wine, let's call it a day."
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 25th September 2017 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, you can't use Fusion Tag with any of the VWXYZ Fusion Monsters, because Fusion Tag only works with Fusion Summons, and those do not perform Fusion Summons (see rulings on Contact Fusions). So you will have to actually Special Summon both of the VWXYZ materials before even thinking of Summoning this card.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels forced that I think it's forced because I consider there a difference between this card and fusions that were created specifically as a manifestation of the teamwork between two duelists? What was the concept for this card supposed to be? "Majyoume has this card and then he has that card... let's smash them together! We can defend it later-or not. I'm on my second bottle of wine, let's call it a day."
    My biggest issue here is that you discount situations that don't fit your "Tag Duel" criteria as forced.

You're kinda getting a little insulting here toward the end, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post
    Actually, you can't use Fusion Tag with any of the VWXYZ Fusion Monsters, because Fusion Tag only works with Fusion Summons, and those do not perform Fusion Summons (see rulings on Contact Fusions). So you will have to actually Special Summon both of the VWXYZ materials before even thinking of Summoning this card.
    I guess I sorta forgot that. I still remember the jury being out on that one, but I never could remember them coming back for the verdict.

EDIT: Actually, there is some conflict to this, because the in the OCG, you can use Fusion Tag to summon VWXYZ, but in the TCG, you can't because the card specifies "Fusion Summon". Implicitly, the TCG's text is incorrect on that front, but 'til it gets reprinted...
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 25th September 2017 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 Murdershift and nearly $200 in tip later.....

All of those that you mentioned were a result of tag-team double duels with the exception of Yubel, bu that is a different kind of situation. This card is not a result of that in concept at all. So that argument is null.

Your not going to expect to see Multiple Piece Golem to fuse with Red Nova Dragon...
    Agree to disagree, then, because I do not "very clearly" see this as "forced" in any meaningful way.

I would like to remind you that they did this back in GX:
    http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ojama_Ride

Chazz.dek can do fucking anything
    OtoZ Ojama Dragon King Cannon wen
    Mills from deck to pop cards and block it's zones. I can see it firing Ojama Yellow as ammo right now
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    1 Murdershift and nearly $200 in tip later.....

I would like to remind you that they did this back in GX:
    http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ojama_Ride

Chazz.dek can do fucking anything
    OtoZ Ojama Dragon King Cannon wen
    Mills from deck to pop cards and block it's zones. I can see it firing Ojama Yellow as ammo right now
    I remember that. And they created that half-baked Ojamachine/Mecha Ojamaking set as well for the anime for like one episode. Honestly I think I would feel less about this card if it had been an Ojama/VWXYZ fusion as Ojamas are meant to be zany and getting into others business anyway, and it's easier to see Ojama yellow commandeering the alphabet unions for his own kicks. It also wouldn't be as bizarre as needing a LV monster to fuse with a contact fusion monster that needs another fusion monster just to make itself.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that after the way they supported Silent Swordsman and Silent Magician by basically ditching the whole LV mechanic altogether. Look how they approached the Moth cards in this set with Super Cocoon. Their solution is to just ditch the whole concept-make a bypass instead of working to better the original concept.
    With the new Silents, they actually closer to the original manga cards Yugi used (which was a 4-stars monster with a special "LV" stat. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_...an_LV0_(manga)
    But they also tied them in with their LV incarnations. It was a clever compromise, in my opinion.
    On GX anime, LV worked like OCG, not like in the original manga, so I would find it rather strange if we got an "Armed Dragon" equivalent to "Silent Swordsman".

Then Super Cocoon was just "screw it, we are not even trying", indeed. And you are right, I can see this happening with Armed Dragons. But I hope not.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the making of new Silent monsters themselves I'm talking about. I didn't mind them getting non-LV counterparts. It's that both monsters got effects to special summon any other versions of themselves ignoring summoning conditions. It's a bypass to ditch the LV mechanic. That's what I was referring to with them. And that same mentality showed up again as Super Cocoon.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 25th September 2017 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you elaborate, please?
    Geargiano can be tributed to summon a level 4 Machine from the GY, and since it has 500 ATK, you can use Machine Duplication on it. Basically you need to mill the V, the W and any level 4 Machine, summon Geargiano, Use Machine Duplication, summon V, W and the other Machine, use Fusion Tag on the other Machine to make it XYZ, summon VW, summon VWXYZ, then you need to summon Armed Dragon LV 7, most likely with A Wild Monster Appears.

Ofc this isnt reliable in any way, but there are some options to get the VWXYZ part at least. The hard part is the Milling of V and W without milling a Geargiano tho, so you most likely brick if you run generic Mill Engines.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.