User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DevPro down for almost 4 days. What's going on ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Soooooooo I've come across an odd bug that isn't only Devpro's exclusive but have the exact same source:

When watching some of my replays, if I had activated a monster effect allowing me to Special Summoned a monster from the Grave... The replay crash. Like that.

Did there is any explaination and some way to fix it ?

Most of the replay bugs come from script changes (Usually for bug-fixing, which is most likely your case, basically, the card doesn't work like it did when you used the replay, and that makes a crash) and Code-Number changes.
    Cards on YGOPro (all of them) are coded under their card number, when a new card is revealed without a number, coders have the chance to either wait for said number, or code it with a provisional.

As an example, Let's say Kuriboh has just been revealed as a leak, no card number attached to it, so the coder gives it the provisional number 11111111, any replay containing Kuriboh will have it registered as 11111111.

Then the number is revealed and with an update, the number is corrected to the real thing (40640057) but all the old replays remain with Kuriboh as 11111111, the replay looks for a card that it's not there anymore (as the number was changed) and that's usually why they crash.
    Last edited by Icematoro; 18th October 2015 at 08:16 PM.
    Now known as [SMod]Icematoro on Devpro, yet I still don't speak in the name of it's staff.#222937 secret tem!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icematoro View Post

Most of the replay bugs come from script changes (Usually for bug-fixing, which is most likely your case, basically, the card doesn't work like it did when you used the replay, and that makes a crash) and Code-Number changes.
    Cards on YGOPro (all of them) are coded under their card number, when a new card is revealed without a number, coders have the chance to either wait for said number, or code it with a provisional.

As an example, Let's say Kuriboh has just been revealed as a leak, no card number attached to it, so the coder gives it the provisional number 11111111, any replay containing Kuriboh will have it registered as 11111111.

Then the number is revealed and with an update, the number is corrected to the real thing (40640057) but all the old replays remain with Kuriboh as 11111111, the replay looks for a card that it's not there anymore (as the number was changed) and that's usually why they crash.
    So it explain why y replays crashes when Junk Synchron summon Jet Synchron from the grave via its effect ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it explain why y replays crashes when Junk Synchron summon Jet Synchron from the grave via its effect?
    Depending on how old your replay is, yes, actually, Jet Synchron is KINDA new, so there might have been some tweaks here and there, have you tried using the same replay on a different YGOPro?
    Now known as [SMod]Icematoro on Devpro, yet I still don't speak in the name of it's staff.#222937 secret tem!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on how old your replay is, yes, actually, Jet Synchron is KINDA new, so there might have been some tweaks here and there, have you tried using the same replay on a different YGOPro?
    10 days old.

It crashes on Salvation too and on the regular YGOPro.

Thanks for the enligthenment !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 days old.

It crashes on Salvation too and on the regular YGOPro.

Thanks for the enligthenment !
    Chances are it's not about Jet synchron, but something you were gonna summon after that, I don't know, one of the new Goyos?
    Last edited by Icematoro; 18th October 2015 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chances are it's not about Jet synchron, but something you were gonna summon after that, I don't know, one of the new Goyos?
    It crash when Jet hit the field via Junk's revival effect. I've just checked.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It crash when Jet hit the field via Junk's revival effect. I've just checked.
    If Jet was the problem, it wouldn't have summoned it, it would have crashed BEFORE it happened. Any Idea what was the next thing to happen?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Jet was the problem, it wouldn't have summoned it, it would have crashed BEFORE it happened. Any Idea what was the next thing to happen?
    My replay against Exodia:

> Activate Foolish to bump Jet to the grave
    > Summon Junk
    > Junk revived Jet
    > "An Error Occurs"
    > Replay closed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My replay against Exodia:

> Activate Foolish to bump Jet to the grave
    > Summon Junk
    > Junk revived Jet
    > "An Error Occurs"
    > Replay closed
    No, I mean what was supposed to happen AFTER Jet was summoned? We can make this even easier if you attach/PM me your replay, now that I think about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IT's BACK!!!!!!!!! GLORIOUS DEVPRO HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!*

(*= You have to download and install a completely new version and re-register but still.. IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!)