User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: [EXFO] Asport

  1. #11
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,225
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSW View Post
    I guess I see a use for it but nah, I rather call it assport. : /
    Konami is obviously intending to make Field Positioning a major tactic in the Vrains era.

  2. #12
    Registered User Yuuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I think the idea is to move a monster OUT of the EDMZone like the new Super Vehicroid's own ability.
    Now only if it actually did that. You can only target monsters in the Main Monster Zone.

    You'd think since field positioning is so important, Konami would have made it possible to move your ED monsters about.
    Last edited by Yuuri; 29th September 2017 at 06:07 AM.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

  3. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I think the idea is to move a monster OUT of the EDMZone like the new Super Vehicroid's own ability.
    My point was that such a maneuver is likely not what Konami wants in such a card. Basically, they don't want players circumventing the new rules so easily like that. Not right now, especially.

    Mobile Base is what it is on its own, and any such cards that Konami deems worthy of scooting outside the EMZ will have similar effects, but only such cards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    Now only if it actually did that. You can only target monsters in the Main Monster Zone.

    You'd think since field positioning is so important, Konami would have made it possible to move your ED monsters about.
    Because they don't want that. They have no intention of wantonly circumventing their own rules in such a fashion (the keyword being "wantonly"; they'll do it in extremely controlled measures when and as they deem worthy to do so.)

  4. #14
    Registered User Volteccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,334
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a nice trick, but as of yet, field positioning isn't quite important enough for this to actually be useful. Maybe in the future though, when chains of links becomes the naim strategy.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

  5. #15
    Registered User Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ancient Forest (aka Manaus, Brasil)
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    Why not Transport?
    The word "asport" refers specifically to a psychic power that makes an object dissapear from a place and reappear in another. Close to apport, but apport is makes the object appear at the caster's hands.

    Transport is not necessarily a psychic thing, so they went with Asport to reinforce the psychic aesthetic of the card. There's also the fact this card is a reference to Teleport, which is named Apport in the OCG, so they went for the closest name possible. With that in mind, the TCG version might as well be Transport.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

  6. #16
    Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sanctuary In The Sky
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    Despite sounding somewhat similar, it doesn't scream "asspull" to me. That title's reserved for when my opponent topdecks a freaking Raigeki or something of the sort.
    I know, it's terrible. I meant more like JTSW below, that it's just a bad card whose name sounds like "ass".

  7. #17
    Registered User Archsorcerer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The word "asport" refers specifically to a psychic power that makes an object dissapear from a place and reappear in another. Close to apport, but apport is makes the object appear at the caster's hands.

    Transport is not necessarily a psychic thing, so they went with Asport to reinforce the psychic aesthetic of the card. There's also the fact this card is a reference to Teleport, which is named Apport in the OCG, so they went for the closest name possible. With that in mind, the TCG version might as well be Transport.
    Thanks for the clarification.

    "Emergency Transport"

  8. #18
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damnit Konami, woulda been nice to put a "also negate any card effects or Attacks currently targeting it"

    then they coulda done here what they've been doing in the anime ever since De-fusion was a thing, Dodge. without having to banish it like IMT
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  9. #19
    Registered User Sanokal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,480
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Damnit Konami, woulda been nice to put a "also negate any card effects or Attacks currently targeting it"

    then they coulda done here what they've been doing in the anime ever since De-fusion was a thing, Dodge. without having to banish it like IMT
    Dammit, you're right, t'would have been awesome.
    Sanokal

  10. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could have made it so it can also move monsters in your opponent's Main Monster Zones, not just your own, to increase its usability.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •