User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: EXFO-JP: Three Links

  1. #11
    Registered User R3QU13M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    THE D4RK D00R
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm guessing you don't watch the Anime, because that has been a known card for about a month now, and it was logical that we'd get here, mostly due to the blank spaces in the Set List painting a picture.

    There was no way this was gonna be a random reference to a random villain from a different series...
    Yes I do watch anime and feel like an ass now for my original post. Surprising-ly I must have forgotten it appeared. I feel rejoioced now for you bringing this to my attention. Thanks

  2. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    No King retrains hopefully. Each DARK King created for the deck corresponded to a specific Virus trap card and all 3 that were released at the time were in the Deck. Since then we've gotten another dark Virus trap which will also probably be included and probably will be given a corresponding DARK King. I hope the rest are Virus support cards though.
    The retrained Kings don't need to be related to the Virus cards, just upgraded forms of the originals. Anyway, I'm just talking about "Diabolos", because that monster is underpowered and has never been good to be the boss of a Deck. I just want a decent and updated version of it that can do something in today's game. Also, there are still options to make more Virus cards, and in the OCG they have it easy to invent new names (they just have to include creepy words), but not so in the TCG, since their names follow an alphabetical order: Crush Card, Deck Devastation, Erradicator Epidemic, Full Force. I'm not sure if they'll be able to make a name with the G for a new Virus card... "Good Game Virus"? Just kidding, but... With the H is also difficult, I only found one with the I: "Incredibly Infecting Virus". I think Konami TCG should stop following this alphabetical trend and just translate the Japanese names, which I think are scarier, and avoid possibly laughable names.
    Last edited by Yugi.feder03; 12th October 2017 at 07:25 PM.

  3. #13
    Registered User King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Going Back Home
    Posts
    2,035
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should print Yusaku Links as a Generic

  4. #14
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post
    The retrained Kings don't need to be related to the Virus cards, just upgraded forms of the originals. Anyway, I'm just talking about "Diabolos", because that monster is underpowered and has never been good to be the boss of a Deck. I just want a decent and updated version of it that can do something in today's game. Also, there are still options to make more Virus cards, and in the OCG they have it easy to invent new names (they just have to include creepy words), but not so in the TCG, since their names follow an alphabetical order: Crush Card, Deck Devastation, Erradicator Epidemic, Full Force. I'm not sure if they'll be able to make a name with the G for a new Virus card... "Good Game Virus"? Just kidding, but... With the H is also difficult, I only found one with the I: "Incredibly Infecting Virus". I think Konami TCG should stop following this alphabetical trend and just translate the Japanese names, which I think are scarier, and avoid possibly laughable names.
    Kind of breaks the theme diverging from the viral correspondence.

    Gruesome Grave Virus

    Hysteric Horror Virus

  5. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Kind of breaks the theme diverging from the viral correspondence.

    Gruesome Grave Virus

    Hysteric Horror Virus
    Well, Konami has broken their patterns a lot of times, for better or for worse. I think in this case it wouldn't be a bad thing. But I don't even think giving a retrain is even breaking that pattern, it would just be an upgraded form of the monster related to the Virus. I think doing things to make cards or decks more playable should be over keeping themes consistencies, otherwise we can have an awesome theme of cards but cards that no one wants to play, and I think that is kind of counter-productive.

    Also, those names are actually somewhat decent for hypothetic new Virus cards, I'm surprised they didn't come to my mind. But I still find the OCG names more alluring.

  6. #16
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving a retrain wouldn't be so bad. But the Monarch R deck gave us completely new monarchs instead of a retrain, so it isn't quite necessary.

    Along with Virus Cannon, Alpha-wave Emissions Virus sort of breaks the mold with Virus card names already.


    Btw, it's one of 5 manga cards I'm hoping this year's PP would print as a tie in to the SDRs. A-wEVirus, Vaccine, Dark Mist, Divine Sanctuary(treating itself as Sanctuary in the Sky) and Heavens Judgement (as counter trap).

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    It can't, surely. That's why they erattad Darkness Approaches.
    But then why specify face-up on Gardna? Unnecessary text bloating.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 12th October 2017 at 09:49 PM.

  7. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant believe Yusaku actually got 6 link monsters in this set. I hoped at least two of the spots would be dedicated to Aoi and Go, but after watching the anime and seeing him summon three new links against Akira, I knew there would be no Gouki or Trickstar support, but heck I got some new toys for my cyberse deck and they are at least playable.

    I just wish they would turn it down a notch with Cyberse support, I mean they are going to get support every set as is since the protagonist uses Cyberse, but they are also getting their second structure deck in a row.

  8. #18
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    I cant believe Yusaku actually got 6 link monsters in this set. I hoped at least two of the spots would be dedicated to Aoi and Go, but after watching the anime and seeing him summon three new links against Akira, I knew there would be no Gouki or Trickstar support, but heck I got some new toys for my cyberse deck and they are at least playable.

    I just wish they would turn it down a notch with Cyberse support, I mean they are going to get support every set as is since the protagonist uses Cyberse, but they are also getting their second structure deck in a row.
    3 Cyberse decks in one year counting the starter deck. In fact, 3 decks based on the same character in 1 year. And it's not an intentional triptych like Yugi's Legendary Decks.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 13th October 2017 at 02:49 AM.

  9. #19
    Registered User Volteccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,140
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooner or later, Cyberse is going to get a couple of really, really good cards and become extremely broken.
    Current deck: Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

  10. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    509
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    I cant believe Yusaku actually got 6 link monsters in this set. I hoped at least two of the spots would be dedicated to Aoi and Go, but after watching the anime and seeing him summon three new links against Akira, I knew there would be no Gouki or Trickstar support, but heck I got some new toys for my cyberse deck and they are at least playable.

    I just wish they would turn it down a notch with Cyberse support, I mean they are going to get support every set as is since the protagonist uses Cyberse, but they are also getting their second structure deck in a row.
    I'm rather surprised, too, to be honest.

    I know we speculated that some of those spots would go to Trickstars and/or Gouki, but I guess not. Though I guess it should have been seen coming when he started playing Links he didn't get from a Data Storm.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Sooner or later, Cyberse is going to get a couple of really, really good cards and become extremely broken.
    My guess as well.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •