User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [OCG] Pemium Pack 20

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[OCG] Pemium Pack 20

October 13, 2017 Satchmo Including Manga cards and……. uh, Game Original Link Monsters?

The booster “PREMIUM PACK 20” that includes many cards that appeared in the serialized Yu-Gi-Oh manga is to be pre-sold at “Jump Festa 2018” to be held on December 16, 2017 .
    In addition to manga cards, original Link Monsters will also be included this time.
    More information about “PREMIUM PACK 20” will be released in V Jump and Weekly Shonen Jump.
    “Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG DM PREMIUM PACK 20”
    ● Release date: Saturday, December 16, 2017, Sunday 17 Pre-sale
    ※ General sales will be scheduled in March 2018.
    ● Price: 150 yen including 4 packs (tax included)
    Source

Damn, it's happening again. It's even worse this time. At least during the Zexal era they were anime cards(I think).

Link ORIGINAL cards taking up what little space manga cards get to come out. Why is this needed? There wasn't the need to explode Pendulum monsters all over the Premium Pack before Arc-V manga even started. The salt in me that has been building over this Vrains era is slowly seething into a pool of brine. For me, worst. news. EVER.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 13th October 2017 at 06:13 AM.

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to reserve my judgment on this until we know the themes getting support, and how many there are.

If this is their way of giving Links to Arc-v themes, then I'm all for it. But if it's just random shit for VRAINS characters, then not so much. Would also like to see a limit of 5 of them. Just so we can get a decent number of Manga cards here (which hopefully will be all Arc-V). Maybe that's why we're getting them, so we don't have a pure Arc-V PP.
    Last edited by ThePhotonLegion; 13th October 2017 at 07:12 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess Links are stteping up their game. Very good

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotonLegion View Post
    I'm going to reserve my judgment on this until we know the news getting support, and how many there are.

If this is their way of giving Links to Arc-v themes, then I'm all for it. But if it's just random shit for VRAINS characters, then not so much. Would also like to see a limit of 5 of them. Just so we can get a decent number of Manga cards here (which hopefully will be all Arc-V). Maybe that's why we're getting them, so we don't have a pure Arc-V PP.
    We didn't need Links last year to not have an all Arc-V PP. And they don't need Link monsters. What they need are places for their manga cards to actually get a chance to get made for OCG. I've said this before, but VJump hasn't printed a single manga card this year outside of the subscription promos, but they were perfeclty happy to print 6 Cyberse monsters, 4 of which are Links.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    We didn't need Links last year to not have an all Arc-V PP.
    They also had an anniversary celebration running for it, giving them a perfect excuse to print stuff from series that didn't have anything published that year. This is something that is missing now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to reserve my judgment on this until we know the news getting support, and how many there are.

I'm "wait and see" as well. Some Arc-V Anime/Manga-related Decks could use in-theme Links, so if the game original Links are Arc-V-related, I'll be fine with it, and most likely would be pleased.

If not, it'll depend on what the Links are and who they're for.

With that said, I'd say that Arc-V related Links are actually decent-to-likely of happening. Once again, I wouldn't have a problem with Links for Arc-V Decks.

My only issue is that this potentially means that the speculated Manga Roid support may not become a reality (even if it was just speculation, it had some sound basis to it).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They also had an anniversary celebration running for it, giving them a perfect excuse to print stuff from series that didn't have anything published that year. This is something that is missing now.
    They really don't need an excuse to continue printing legacy manga cards. They really don't.

My point is that manga cards get very little places to come out as is. We've had a grand total of 10 manga cards out this year. 4 subscription promos, 2 volume cards and 4 from the collectors pack. That's it. There are very few places manga cards come out and now the set that releases the most manga cards in one place is going to have a bunch of out-of-nowhere Link monsters shoehorned in. It doesn't matter what the Link cards are, nothing you say, changes my complaint or makes what is happening any better. Even if they are really good Links- they should have come out somewhere else.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 13th October 2017 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that' what Collector's Packs are for. PP's are current content, which is why we've mostly only had stuff from series that were printed in that year (ever notice the lack of GX cards after it finished until we had the one-shot chapter and got "Anki" printed). The only exception we've had is last years which was the anniversary set and was made to commemorate that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me put this in a more extreme yet ultimately similar comparison.

Though the issue here is completely trivial in comparison to such a real-world problem, to me, excusing the Links for being in this set if they are good cards is like saying "I know we have other minority candidates for this minority college scholarship that might not have any way of going to college otherwise, but these white boys have such good grades and records and I know the programs they are entering will benefit them joining."

That is the perspective I am coming from.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 13th October 2017 at 07:08 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're coming from a perspective that's completely irrelevant to the arguments I've been making.

Great, you're not worth discussing this with any further.