User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [OCG] Link VRAINS Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Qli one could be used in Geargia too. You can even get the search effect using Geargiagear if you wanna be cheeky and run Machina Fortress or something. Overall impressed by all of these.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just loving how generic all of these are. A whole bunch of them can find homes in a whole bunch of decks.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the crystron link, it can be used in literally any synchro deck and it can make good plays with its second eff summoning a formula in your opp turn,draw a card and then synchro in something like a black rose or even crystal if you have the right cards.

Also, hands down for the GB link to be the best link of these in its own archetype. It transform every single GB into and indestructible armades, itself included, which is awesome, and also retains the "de-fusion" part for bigger plays. The qliphort one is also very good.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Artwork of the Qli Link is intriguing. The Qli ships were piloted by those genia? What are they? How do they fit into the lore?

I like the Link 2 Gladiator Beast very much because it has the exact effect I expected from a GB fusion many years ago... then Gyzarus was released, with its dumb "destroy 2 without battling" that was totally out of theme and was so broken for it's time that it got Bestiarii in the L&F list...

I hate the fact that Link-2 BA is a "Rank 3 as a Link"... Also, it breaks the pattern of number "3" and its multiples. So frustrating...

I dislike the Lightsworn Link too. Its effects are boring. Why a Link 3? Why is LS the exception if even the BA Link followed the rule? Also, demaning the same attribute goes against the trend set by recent [Twi]lightsworn support. A Link 2 Twilightsworn would have been more interesting than this.

Crystron Link is amazing for its own theme, but, unfortunately, it's so generic that it may end up in the L&F list if abused by other strategies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get why the Lightsworn one has to be Link 3, when the rest are Link 2, since Lightsworn don't even have more than 2 Extra Deck monsters. It would've made more sense to make Link 3 the Burning Abyss one. Also, its effects aren't that worthy to Summon it in my opinion, it doesn't do anything other cards already do, and its last effect doesn't even go off when destroyed by the effect of Judgement Dragon.

The fact that these Links power up Fusion, Synchro and Xyz decks could have a very positive side: if those decks become better, many people will start choosing to play those decks instead of pure Link decks, so Konami will be forced to make better Link Monsters in general so people wants to play them again, which is good since I think most Link Monsters released up to now are underpowered in my opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post
    The fact that these Links power up Fusion, Synchro and Xyz decks could have a very positive side: if those decks become better, many people will start choosing to play those decks instead of pure Link decks, so Konami will be forced to make better Link Monsters in general so people wants to play them again, which is good since I think most Link Monsters released up to now are underpowered in my opinion.
    Isn't that exactly what made the Pendulum Era so f*cked up? I don't think that it is a good trend in general...

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Crystron link is completely ridiculous, you can make him using a gofu, special a glow-up bulb or mpb o-lion and go for firewall without even using your normal summon and still have a token on the field for further plays. Or make him in any deck using destrudo and you can get an instant link 4.

The hieratic one is also pretty interesting, you can actually tribute himself to bounce a monster and trigger the 2nd effect and use it to summon amorphage goliath to lock your opponent's extra deck, you just need to summon a queen dragun djinn to protect him.

And the qliphort one can search dark destroyer, jinzo, jizukiru, orbital hydralander, cracking dragon, trains, machina fortress, dinomist monsters. Dinomist is probably the best deck you can play this, since they can make him before you pendulum summom, then you pendulum the monsters you used as material and get a free search. Grinder golem and the rescue beasts can be a generic way to trigger the search effect in any deck, but you would need to be able to make him without using your normal summon.
    Last edited by Erickdsl; 15th October 2017 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Isn't that exactly what made the Pendulum Era so f*cked up? I don't think that it is a good trend in general...
    The Link Era has started with no meta pure Link decks and only two or three good Link Monsters, and the rest of them are decent to mediocre. What they should do to avoid the problems of the Pendulum Era is making better generic Link Monsters, but not make too powerful pure Link decks by making lots of powerful archetype Link Monsters that can be abused between each other, which was what they made in the Pendulum Era. I mean, there's no problem if they make some meta pure Link decks, the problem is when those decks become the only viable ones to compete all the time. But I think they are sadly going to do that sooner or later, because that gives more money than generic Link Monsters.
    Last edited by Yugi.feder03; 15th October 2017 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap, the b.a. linkk monster is also an instant link 4, he can send dandylion. You can also make him using sangan to search for a handtrap. Alternatively he can send pk monsters, the ritual djinns, fiendish rhino warrior (essentialy making him a foolish burial for any fiend), archfiend heiress to search any archfiend card, pinaki to search any blackwing during the end phase, even hornet... i can't wait to test these cards on ygopro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only negativity I have for these is that I'm disappointed by the bland choice of Link Markers, where all of them are encouraged to be played in the EMZ to "fully" use them.

Otherwise, good to see that majority of them can be played in other decks.