User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: [OCG] Link VRAINS Pack

  1. #21
    Registered User yshipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Xyz Jigen
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post
    The Link Era has started with no meta pure Link decks and only two or three good Link Monsters, and the rest of them are decent to mediocre. What they should do to avoid the problems of the Pendulum Era is making better generic Link Monsters, but not make too powerful pure Link decks by making lots of powerful archetype Link Monsters that can be abused between each other, which was what they made in the Pendulum Era. I mean, there's no problem if they make some meta pure Link decks, the problem is when those decks become the only viable ones to compete all the time. But I think they are sadly going to do that sooner or later, because that gives more money than generic Link Monsters.
    I strongly disagree. Zoodiacs on the one hand and Tellarknight Ptolemaeus on the other hand are examples that it doesn't matter wether cards are generic or not, if they are strong enough, they will eventualy dominate the meta. And looking at the TCGs current ban list policy, I think we are better of with more decent and less too powerful support atm.

    Look at Firewall Dragon e.g., the number of game breaking loops and FTKs it has caused so far is too huge as that one could say that strong generic Link monsters are good and healthy for the game.

    On that note: The Crystron Link or the BA Link might be the first Link to be forbidden, given how easy to summon they are, and what combos they enable.

    You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3QU13M View Post
    Only negativity I have for these is that I'm disappointed by the bland choice of Link Markers, where all of them are encouraged to be played in the EMZ to "fully" use them.
    That's a very logical thing, they are made to support decks which have Extra Deck monsters but aren't Link decks, so you can choose to Summon their Link and then their other Extra Deck monsters or Summon other Link Monsters. I think not being a Link deck with Extra Deck monsters is already a limitation, no need to limitate them more.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    I strongly disagree. Zoodiacs on the one hand and Tellarknight Ptolemaeus on the other hand are examples that it doesn't matter wether cards are generic or not, if they are strong enough, they will eventualy dominate the meta. And looking at the TCGs current ban list policy, I think we are better of with more decent and less too powerful support atm.

    Look at Firewall Dragon e.g., the number of game breaking loops and FTKs it has caused so far is too huge as that one could say that strong generic Link monsters are good and healthy for the game.

    On that note: The Crystron Link or the BA Link might be the first Link to be forbidden, given how easy to summon they are, and what combos they enable.
    Well, Firewall Dragon is on my list of too powerful on a bad manner generic Links because of those loops, it doesn't count as my average idea of a good generic Link monster. But I think a generic Link monster like Decode Talker is underpowered compared to the average Synchro and Xyz monsters. I think Security Dragon is a good example of a good generic Link monster, and I don't think that one is ban worthy.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post
    Well, Firewall Dragon is on my list of too powerful on a bad manner generic Links because of those loops, it doesn't count as my average idea of a good generic Link monster. But I think a generic Link monster like Decode Talker is underpowered compared to the average Synchro and Xyz monsters. I think Security Dragon is a good example of a good generic Link monster, and I don't think that one is ban worthy.
    In my opinion decode = stardust > Utopia > Odd-eyes and this talking when they came out. Decode is extremely good, it can become a 3800 beater and the target protection is awesome. For me is as good as it was stardust when synchros came out, a somewhat "hard" summoning monster with a pretty good protection effect. Utopia was a bit more of a letdown because battle protection wasn`t that important back then, and odd eyes was pretty much useless in any non-pendulum deck, aka every deck as there wasnt a good pendulum deck yet.

  5. #25
    Registered User flapjacksparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope that hieratics get more then just this one card, i mean tere are 100 cards in this set right?

  6. #26
    Registered User ChaosBlace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flapjacksparrow View Post
    i hope that hieratics get more then just this one card, i mean tere are 100 cards in this set right?
    The Link Monster will be the only new card for them and the other archetypes. The pack contains 20 new cards, each is a Link monster for the archetypes. The rest are reprints from the archetypes.
    Last edited by ChaosBlace; 15th October 2017 at 10:11 PM.

    "It's not that I fanboy over my waifus, I just keep possession of their souls to my heart's content."

  7. #27
    Registered User flapjacksparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlace View Post
    The Link Monster will be the only new card for them and the other archetypes. The pack contains 20 new cards, each is a Link monster for the archetypes. The rest for reprints from the archetypes.

  8. #28
    Registered User Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ancient Forest (aka Manaus, Brasil)
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    What is Cheubini referencing from Dante's story?
    The black angels? Black cheribuns specifically. The black angels are angels that betrayed God and became envoys of Hell. They are basically one rank above the 12 Malebranches.

    Quote Originally Posted by R3QU13M View Post
    Only negativity I have for these is that I'm disappointed by the bland choice of Link Markers, where all of them are encouraged to be played in the EMZ to "fully" use them.
    Agreed on the generic lower left and lower right arrows, but I don't think they were designed only for the EMZ, as only Qliphort Ghenius and Cherubini actually use their arrows for effects.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Link-0 and @Yugi.feder03 the Lightsworn Link was made Link 3 so as not to be too easy to Summon. It's a balancing factor. As it is, fielding 3 Monsters with matching Attributes and different types isn't really the hardest thing in the world, and often worth it for the mill effects, including controlled milling. Imagine how easy it would have been with only 2 Monsters?

    I do agree that it doesn't mesh as well with marriaging Lightsworn and Twilightsworn anymore than they already were with the cards that exist so far, but that's the price of having such generic and powerful effects, including the recovery effect.

    The LIGHT Lightsworn can actual amass the materials fairly easy enough, really.

    Note @Yugi.feder03, I see most of the Links released now as balanced, rather than underpowered. It might be powercreep getting to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    Holy crap, the b.a. linkk monster is also an instant link 4, he can send dandylion. You can also make him using sangan to search for a handtrap. Alternatively he can send pk monsters, the ritual djinns, fiendish rhino warrior (essentialy making him a foolish burial for any fiend), archfiend heiress to search any archfiend card, pinaki to search any blackwing during the end phase, even hornet... i can't wait to test these cards on ygopro.
    I think it sends as a cost, so the likes of Archfiend Heiress won't trigger. Most everything else you mentioned will, though.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 16th October 2017 at 03:00 AM.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @J. D. Guy Of course, I was not asking the exact same effect, ATK and materials receipe as a Link-2. It's a more general complain, asking for a completely different card, a Link-2 Twilightsworn that somehow made it worth playing both LIGHT and DARK versions. It's useless complaining here, I know, just sharing my disapointment that they gave up on the Twilightsworn idea so soon.
    Last edited by Link-0; 16th October 2017 at 09:46 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •