Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This pack has introduced 3 non-direct DDD Support

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Overall the only thing I like about it is the name. I thought we couldn't get more Chess Archfiends because the names of all pieces were already used,
    Well not if you count the numerous pieces in Fairy Chess variants.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that Iīm seeing this card, I really want a Link monster that supports any of the Synchro archetypes from duel terminal (Naturia, Ice Barrier, AOJ, Genex, Laval...).
    Getting Link support for at least 1 of those archetypes would be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something to take into consideration is that Perpetual King is intended for Chessfiends, whose gimmick is rolling bones and LP payments. He can splash into other decks, but isn't meant to be optimal in those decks.

EDIT: I'm just glad Archfiends are returning to their roots as an archetype. The interactions with That Six are most excellent.
    Last edited by Vulnoth; 26th October 2017 at 04:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This pack starting to feel like past due R4NKs that were just incorporated into a new mechanic.

The monster although is great, the third effect can be ridiculous with Infernity Archfiend if luck is on your side.
    Last edited by R3QU13M; 26th October 2017 at 04:56 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulnoth View Post
    Something to take into consideration is that Perpetual King is intended for Chessfiends, whose gimmick is rolling bones and LP payments. He can splash into other decks, but isn't meant to be optimal in those decks.

EDIT: I'm just glad Archfiends are returning to their roots as an archetype. The interactions with That Six are most excellent.
    Just a bit disappointing that this is the second card this year to specifically return to Archfiend chess roots in art and effect but still can't bring itself to directly support "Archfiend" as an archetype. So it actually seems Archfiends are returning to their roots but just NOT as an archetype.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Just a bit disappointing that this is the second card this year to specifically return to Archfiend chess roots in art and effect but still can't bring itself to directly support "Archfiend" as an archetype. So it actually seems Archfiends are returning to their roots but just NOT as an archetype.
    Maybe that's not so bad, considering that "Archfiend" is a very common name element (it's just a censored "Demon") and not tied to a single theme. Fiend+LP payment+Dices is more specific themed support than "Archfiend" would be. There was no need for this card to support Red Dragon Archfiend, for instance.
    Last edited by Link-0; 26th October 2017 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Konami hasn't had a problem directly supporting Archfiends in the past what with cards like Emperor, Giant, Eccentric and Palabyrinth. Even Imprisoned Queen Archfiend at least tied herself to Pandemonium.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say that as if finding a way to find a common ground between being generic mileage for the decks who can use it and being support for a fossil archetype were easy.

Also you can't salvage something like Archfiends with one card.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Also you can't salvage something like Archfiends with one card.
    I never said it needed to. And never expected it to. Not every new card supporting an old archetype needs to be B.E.F. Zelos or better. However, that doesn't mean it can't support fiends in general and its own archetype directly in some way. Otherwise I find naming it an "Archfiend" monster to be equally as trivial as any other random Archfiend card with the effect style a hollow callback to the past.

I'm not really upset. I like the concept of the card. Just a bit disappointed that they went in a direction that is only generic support. There are plenty of cards that give general support while also directly supporting their own archetype.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 27th October 2017 at 01:35 AM.