User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [LVP1] Perpetual King Archfiend

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This card alludes to the original Archfiends far more than the Neo Terrorking batch, it's effect also has synergy with Die-roll support AND LP taxation. That it doesn't magically tie the deck together doesn't mean it isn't support.

Also seeing what it's trying to tie into, making it catered towards that deck more would make it exceedingly less usable than it would otherwise, would you pick to support a crapton of new decks with a flagship of your old deck, or you'd rather support a pretty much unsalvageable deck on a delusion of making it work while its combo pieces are far too outdated to make anything about it?

That's how the developers see it, and it makes sense in my eyes, gonna sound cynical but one should be glad it actually called back to the original Archfiends considering the extremely vague representation they've had since... ever.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This does synegize with the Chess Archfiends, though. It doesn't specifically name drop them, but They're basically the only fiend archetype that does life payment regularly (to let you Foolish Burial all the time) and whatever die manipulation you use to maximize their effects also works wonders with the last effect.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    This does synegize with the Chess Archfiends, though. It doesn't specifically name drop them, but They're basically the only fiend archetype that does life payment regularly (to let you Foolish Burial all the time) and whatever die manipulation you use to maximize their effects also works wonders with the last effect.
    Edit: So, I apologise for incorrect reading of Pandemonium's effect. The wording "has to" isn't used very often, so I didn't immediately realise it was a choice- you can choose which Archfiends you pay LP for. That being said, having Perpetual King call out Watchbear for some extra use would have been even cooler.

@Michelle I know your position on old cards. I remember from during the Ritual CaC challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    I'm really not into remaking old cards for the sake of making something old more playable, less so if I have to drag the original as token currency as only warrant of being playable into a deck, so I'll gladly pass this contest.
    It's okay to have a differing opinion. I'm not going to argue with that.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 27th October 2017 at 03:00 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, Archfiends kinda have a thing over between the new batch having a new field and all
    @Michelle I know your position on old cards. I remember from during the Ritual CaC challenge.

It's okay to have a differing opinion. I'm not going to argue with that.
    That's awfully researched, but I certainly enjoy the attention.

I don't have much issue with reviving old decks, my issue stems over how they go about it, which tends to end up dragging its shambling corpse around, shafting 80+% of its pool with new cards, or both.

At least this card can be comfortably used in the classic build in a more friendly environment, that's more than what most Legacy decks could say for themselves.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Emperor, Giant, Eccentric and Palabyrinth.
    Neither of those supports the Chess archfiends effects (dice, LP payment). The Palabyrinth field spell even conflicts with Pandemonium.

Perpetual King seems to continue the trend of Imprisoned Queen (although the later did support "Archfield" in name).

It would have been nice for Perpetual King's Link materials to be "2 "Archfiend" monsters", but the trend of this set is to make links more generic.
    Last edited by Link-0; 27th October 2017 at 09:18 AM.