User Tag List

Thread: Setting Traps vs Localized Trunade + Performapal Five-Rainbow Magician

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: Setting Traps vs Localized Trunade + Performapal Five-Rainbow Magician

Hey guys I read over this Deck Recipe on the Org about using Altergeist with Performapal Five-Rainbow Magician and I found it interesting. But I had a ruling question. Here's the link to the article featuring the Deck Recipe:

https://ygorganization.com/notsousel...acterinaction/

So for example:

Turn 1: I set Performapal Five-Rainbow Magician in my right Pendulum Zone. I Normal Summon Altergeist Meluseek. I then Set Localized Trunade in my S/T Zone and end my turn.

Turn 2: My opponent knows the effect of Five-Rainbow Magician and begins their Main Phase 1 by Setting Solemn Warning. They then Normal Summon Summoner Monk. Before they can use the effect of Summoner Monk, I activate my facedown Localized Trunade which returns Solemn Warning to their hand. This would allow Five-Rainbow Magician's effect to prevent Summoner Monk's effect to discard Spell to Summon a Level 4 Monster from activating.

My question then is, when Solemn Warning gets returned to the hand, can't my opponent just Set Solemn Warning again and continue with activating Summoner Monk's effect? Basically, is there a limit to how many times Spells/Traps can be Set during each Main Phase?

This seems like an easy answer but I did not find an answer online
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    Hey guys I read over this Deck Recipe on the Org about using Altergeist with Performapal Five-Rainbow Magician and I found it interesting. But I had a ruling question. Here's the link to the article featuring the Deck Recipe:

https://ygorganization.com/notsousel...acterinaction/

So for example:

Turn 1: I set Performapal Five-Rainbow Magician in my right Pendulum Zone. I Normal Summon Altergeist Meluseek. I then Set Localized Trunade in my S/T Zone and end my turn.

Turn 2: My opponent knows the effect of Five-Rainbow Magician and begins their Main Phase 1 by Setting Solemn Warning. They then Normal Summon Summoner Monk. Before they can use the effect of Summoner Monk, I activate my facedown Localized Trunade which returns Solemn Warning to their hand. This would allow Five-Rainbow Magician's effect to prevent Summoner Monk's effect to discard Spell to Summon a Level 4 Monster from activating.

My question then is, when Solemn Warning gets returned to the hand, can't my opponent just Set Solemn Warning again and continue with activating Summoner Monk's effect? Basically, is there a limit to how many times Spells/Traps can be Set during each Main Phase?

This seems like an easy answer but I did not find an answer online
    No limit to Setting S/Ts, no.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    No limit to Setting S/Ts, no.
    That's what I figured. So it'd be better to use Localized Trunade on my turns, because that would return all S/Ts to their hand and they can't Set again until their turn.

I'll run another question by you guys. Can Pendulum Monsters be Set in Pendulum Zones during any time of the Main Phase? Like could I Normal Summon Altergeist Marionetter and use it's effect to Set Altergeist Protocol and then Set Performapal Five-Rainbow Magician in my right Pendulum Zone? Or does the Pendulum Monster always need to be Set first?

I understand Pendulums are normally Set first to set up for Pendulum Summons. But Five-Rainbow Magician is being used differently here
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    That's what I figured. So it'd be better to use Localized Trunade on my turns, because that would return all S/Ts to their hand and they can't Set again until their turn.

I'll run another question by you guys. Can Pendulum Monsters be Set in Pendulum Zones during any time of the Main Phase? Like could I Normal Summon Altergeist Marionetter and use it's effect to Set Altergeist Protocol and then Set Performapal Five-Rainbow Magician in my right Pendulum Zone? Or does the Pendulum Monster always need to be Set first?

I understand Pendulums are normally Set first to set up for Pendulum Summons. But Five-Rainbow Magician is being used differently here
    no card can EVER be set in the Pendulum zone. the scales are ALWAYS Faceup, no exceptions.
    this is why Anti-Spell Fragrence fucks Pendulums over, they can't set scales because they can't....SET scales
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    no card can EVER be set in the Pendulum zone. the scales are ALWAYS Faceup, no exceptions.
    this is why Anti-Spell Fragrence fucks Pendulums over, they can't set scales because they can't....SET scales
    I assume he was using it they way that the show does, "setting the scales" meaning to activate them.

And yes, you can activate cards in your Pendulum zone whenever you can play a normal spell card, as long as that zone is free at the time.
    Current deck: Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I assume he was using it they way that the show does, "setting the scales" meaning to activate them.

And yes, you can activate cards in your Pendulum zone whenever you can play a normal spell card, as long as that zone is free at the time.
    yeah, misread that.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.