User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: [VRAINS] [SPOILER] General discussion thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    And once again, they tease a 2-on-1 Duel, only to not deliver. :/ It's starting to become bothersome to me.

Interestingly enough, @KingKaash, this episode, they managed to get around a few of those speculated things regarding Goukis! Putting this in spoilers for now, just in case.

Spoiler Alert!
    Gore's two new merc-bros are actually using Goukis! At least the one who Dueled this episode did. And the other who got knocked away before the Duel began actually came back at the end, so it's likely he'll be doing likewise. What's so cool and clever is that by having them use Gouki, they get around a lot of the hypothetical pitfalls of Gore using them as his full-time Deck. The Pink-afro bro didn't use any new Main Deck stuff (his set-up play was super similar to Gore's in his first Duel), but the Link-3 was new. Since things like Links are perfect support for the Deck that don't support the engine, this made for a convenient way of giving them tactically chosen support without the obligations of a bigger cache of cards if Gore was playing. It also had the dirty yet pragmatic benefit of having someone else use Gouki and than promptly lose, implictly 'cause they're not experienced with the Deck, without unduly making Gore look bad by taking that kind of loss.

Other things include Despair from the Dark apparently being the devil now, at least for Soulburner. Sheppard being a dirty rat of a piece of scum, which I already knew. And a Salamangreat Link-2, which is super welcome (though once again, I'm pretty sure most figured it was only a matter of time before one came along). Oh, and Playmaker used Penestag and reused that Sword Spell from his Duel with Gore.

Bit of an aside, but one thing I really like about VRAINS is its character designs. As short as his Duel was, Pink-afro really looked cool actually getting to move and act, and even those toughs from Soulburner's flashback actually looked pleasing.

Looking forward to another token Gouki support from Short-n-spiky bro, for more new Salamangreat things, and for Soulburner to dunk that cape-and-fedora-wearing scrub into the fake lava.

On another note, it's too bad that Sheppard's Drone Deck wasn't able to expound on its normal playstyle because it had to be used as support for the symbolism of Soulburner's fear of Despair from the Dark. I understand that it makes sense, but still. If/when he Duels again, hopefully against Ghost Girl or Akira (especially, since he needs the Duel), it'll be a more straightforward showcasing.
    Yup the Goukis made their appearance again in the show. Too bad the mook didn't know how to use Goukis. Kinda leaves me unsatisfied that a Gouki deck was blown away so easily, even though I understand a mook character will never be able to use the deck like Gore. But on the flip side, seeing Playmaker domination without a Code Talker or Link Dragon monster used was impressive

Also sad to see Blood Shepherd become a gimmicky duelist against Soulburner this time. I wanted to see Blood Shepherd go all out with his Drone deck to see if he could have really beaten Soulburner
    Last edited by KingKaash; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:10 AM.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    Yup the Goukis made their appearance again in the show. Too bad the mook didn't know how to use Goukis. Kinda leaves me unsatisfied that a Gouki deck was blown away so easily, even though I understand a mook character will never be able to use the deck like Gore. But on the flip side, seeing Playmaker domination without a Code Talker or Link Dragon monster used was impressive

Also sad to see Blood Shepherd become a gimmicky duelist against Soulburner this time. I wanted to see Blood Shepherd go all out with his Drone deck to see if he could have really beaten Soulburner
    Considering the alternative would be no new Goukis period, I'm okay that it was done this way. It was also nice to see Pentestag debut and Cyberse Annihilation again.

I agree with the Shepard thing. Unfortunately, the need for symbolism and to show how much of a sociopathic stooge he is meant no proper Drone Deck showcasing. Shame, too, 'cause them Spell and Traps were really cool, and I'd love to have seen them in-use alongside his normal strategy.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 22 Hours Ago at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that Blood Shepard will be very important towards the end of VRAINS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Shimy View Post
    I feel that Blood Shepard will be very important towards the end of VRAINS.
    What makes you say that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting episode today.

Spoiler Alert!
    I didn't think there'd be a Duel this episode, but there was, and Playmaker used cards from his first Starter Deck (Photon Thrasher, Maruading Captain, and Exarion Universe) alongside the Link Gaia and some staples.

And I wonder what Naoki is up to all of a sudden?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes you say that?
    Mainly, his hatred to AIs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah. We'll see.

He's kinda slimy, though, 'cause he takes his hatred too far. If anything, he's going to make things absolutely worse, probably if/when he makes an AI mad and go "exterminate non-AIs" mode, using Shepard's undue maliciousness as the justified grounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering the alternative would be no new Goukis period, I'm okay that it was done this way. It was also nice to see Pentestag debut and Cyberse Annihilation again.

I agree with the Shepard thing. Unfortunately, the need for symbolism and to show how much of a sociopathic stooge he his meant no proper Drone Deck showcasing. Shame, too, 'cause them Spell and Traps were really cool, and I'd love to have seen them in-use alongside his normal strategy.
    I'm so glad Blood Shepherd vs Soulburner Round 1 ended in a no contest. I think that means they'll meet again. And hopefully the next time they duel, Blood Shepherd uses his complete Drone deck
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know. If VRAINS's endgame really needs an AI hater, they already have this covered with Revolver.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Tindangle
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I'm so glad Blood Shepherd vs Soulburner Round 1 ended in a no contest. I think that means they'll meet again. And hopefully the next time they duel, Blood Shepherd uses his complete Drone deck
    Should they meet again, yeah.