User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [VRAINS] [SPOILER] General discussion thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I've been anticipating this episode, this Duel, for a while now, and so far it doesn't disappoint.

Super enjoyed seeing high-quality animation used for the Gouki Monsters! Their Summonings, the Link Summonings specifically, were superb, and they all looked great, in all their wrestler muscle, ham and cheese glory! Thunder Ogre was cool as always, but The Great Ogre has never looked better in this show than in this episode, and this episode in turn has given me a better impression of it aesthetic wise. Jet Ogre looked cool, too, but the new Link-2 looked cooler. It destroying Bomber Dragon was epic in its own way, and new guy's grin really brought it to life.

Also...
    Spoiler Alert!
    we learn that that Mirror Force-esque card that Ghost Girl ran into that wiped her field in their Duel, which Go knew and thought about before the Duel started, was actually the genuine bonafide Mirror Force.

And I must say, those feelings that stirred in me when Go set up his beautiful field of Gouki Link Monsters for that spectacular finish, only to be run afoul by Mirror Force. Not a new Mirror Force, but the original. Bad memories of it happening to me many a times in the past resurface, as does that filling of utter shocked loss.

Like, in his hype, Go played right into it. Mirror Force is, from an alleged perspective, an "outdated" card, but Link Monsters' mechanics make them particularly vulnerable to the card, so to see Revolver use it as an anti-Link counter just feels like he's trolling. Practical trolling, but trolling nonetheless. And boy did it make the sting burn all the more sharply.

Like, maybe Go did see it coming, and has a countermeasure ready. More than likely though, he's gonna be made to pick up the pieces from where he was left after it resolved. I.e., from an empty field.

And for the next episode, according to the summary, which was backed up by a silhouetted appearance in this episode,
    Spoiler Alert!
    Go has a new Ace in the wing. Gouki The Giant Ogre. Looking forward to that, just for appearances by itself.
    I'm curious if we'll also see Gouki Destroy Ogre like we saw Gouki Crimson Heart? Or is Jet Ogre going to be our game original limit?

Like Blue Angel, it's always treat to see Go Duel. I'd be super happy if this stretched over to a third episode, but based off of what happened so far, I imagine I'll be satisfied even if next episode is the last part of the Duel. Looking forward to when the high quality episode images begin to surface, so we can see what the effects of those 2 new Main Deck Goukis that camoed (but otherwise weren't Summoned) do. I'd like to get a better look at their art, and that of the new Continuous Spell, too.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 14th February 2018 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    So, I've been anticipating this episode, this Duel, for a while now, and so far it doesn't disappoint.

Super enjoyed seeing high-quality animation used for the Gouki Monsters! Their Summonings, the Link Summonings specifically, were superb, and they all looked great, in all their wrestler muscle, ham and cheese glory! Thunder Ogre was cool as always, but The Great Ogre has never looked better in this show than in this episode, and this episode in turn has given me a better impression of it aesthetic wise. Jet Ogre looked cool, too, but the new Link-2 looked cooler. It destroying Bomber Dragon was epic in its own way, and new guy's grin really brought it to life.

Also...
    Spoiler Alert!
    we learn that that Mirror Force-esque card that Ghost Girl ran into that wiped her field in their Duel, which Go knew and thought about before the Duel started, was actually the genuine bonafide Mirror Force.

And I must say, those feelings that stirred in me when Go set up his beautiful field of Gouki Link Monsters for that spectacular finish, only to be run afoul by Mirror Force. Not a new Mirror Force, but the original. Bad memories of it happening to me many a times in the past resurface, as does that filling of utter shocked loss.

Like, in his hype, Go played right into it. Mirror Force is, from an alleged perspective, an "outdated" card, but Link Monsters' mechanics make them particularly vulnerable to the card, so to see Revolver use it as an anti-Link counter just feels like he's trolling. Practical trolling, but trolling nonetheless. And boy did it make the sting burn all the more sharply.

Like, maybe Go did see it coming, and has a countermeasure ready. More than likely though, he's gonna be made to pick up the pieces from where he was left after it resolved. I.e., from an empty field.

And for the next episode, according to the summary, which was backed up by a silhouetted appearance in this episode,
    Spoiler Alert!
    Go has a new Ace in the wing. Gouki The Giant Ogre. Looking forward to that, just for appearances by itself.
    I'm curious if we'll also see Gouki Destroy Ogre like we saw Gouki Crimson Heart? Or is Jet Ogre going to be our game original limit?

Like Blue Angel, it's always treat to see Go Duel. I'd be super happy if this stretched over to a third episode, but based off of what happened so far, I imagine I'll be satisfied even if next episode is the last part of the Duel. Looking forward to when the high quality episode images begin to surface, so we can see what the effects of those 2 new Main Deck Goukis that camoed (but otherwise weren't Summoned) do. I'd like to get a better look at their art, and that of the new Continuous Spell, too.
    Wikia and spoilers says that episode 41 is Playmaker vs Revolver.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Shimy View Post
    Wikia and spoilers says that episode 41 is Playmaker vs Revolver.
    Yeah, at the time I watched the stream, I hadn't checked Dueldeegao for the Tuesday update, and so had not yet noticed that 41 was Playmaker vs Revolver as you said. Still, Blue Angel and Spectre's Duel was functionally only 2 parts, so Go and Revolver's Duel being 2 parts makes sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a theory. After watching the episode 38, the 4th recap episode, I noticed at some point that Revolver speaks like Yusaku. While talking to Spectre, Revolver says the known phrase of Yusaku, "Hitotsu..., futatsu..., mitsu...". And when Yusaku started to say "hitotsu..." Revolver already was looking at him like if he already knows where Playmaker comes from, during their Master Duel. My theory is that the one who saved Yusaku of the Lost Incident was Revolver himself...

Now I wonder who really is Ignis... I can't forget his rare attitude when Faust tells Playmaker that Ignis is a problem for the world, and Ignis stops Faust by telling Yusaku to win the Duel.
    Interesting theory.

My theory is that these Hanoi experimenters chose these 6 kids and put them through a gauntlet to see who would be strong enough to lead them in their future projects. Revolver, even being Dr. Kogami's son, was one of the 6 children placed in this gauntlet and he proved to be the strongest among the 6 kids. Even stronger than Yusaku. So he was made the leader of Hanoi. Yusaku was let go by that voice (friend who he thinks is still stuck) because he didn't pass the gauntlet and wasn't necessarily saved. The rescuers were probably called by the Hanoi themselves to pick up the kids they didn't need after the Hanoi evacuated. Otherwise why wasn't Faust, Baira and Genome caught when the rescuers came?

Revolver was made aware of some of the other kids in the experiment and noticed Spectre liking the gauntlet. So he sought out Spectre and recruited him back to Hanoi. Revolver is also quoted saying, "You were the one from that incident 10 years ago." so he could be somewhat familiar with Yusaku being in the gauntlet. And also why Revolver uses the 3 observations phrases because he learned it from the same gauntlet as well like Yusaku did.

As for the Ignis, they are 6 AIs include Ai. This theory I don't really believe but the 6 kids were experimented with the 6 Ignis AIs to see how they would respond to each other.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    Interesting theory.

My theory is that these Hanoi experimenters chose these 6 kids and put them through a gauntlet to see who would be strong enough to lead them in their future projects. Revolver, even being Dr. Kogami's son, was one of the 6 children placed in this gauntlet and he proved to be the strongest among the 6 kids. Even stronger than Yusaku. So he was made the leader of Hanoi. Yusaku was let go by that voice (friend who he thinks is still stuck) because he didn't pass the gauntlet and wasn't necessarily saved. The rescuers were probably called by the Hanoi themselves to pick up the kids they didn't need after the Hanoi evacuated. Otherwise why wasn't Faust, Baira and Genome caught when the rescuers came?

Revolver was made aware of some of the other kids in the experiment and noticed Spectre liking the gauntlet. So he sought out Spectre and recruited him back to Hanoi. Revolver is also quoted saying, "You were the one from that incident 10 years ago." so he could be somewhat familiar with Yusaku being in the gauntlet. And also why Revolver uses the 3 observations phrases because he learned it from the same gauntlet as well like Yusaku did.

As for the Ignis, they are 6 AIs include Ai. This theory I don't really believe but the 6 kids were experimented with the 6 Ignis AIs to see how they would respond to each other.
    Two weeks later now we know some things from last episode. The 6 AIs were created by the Lost Incident, based on the 6 childrens. Playmaker's AI is based on Yusaku himself. Next episode, we will see Revolver's human face. And the next, Yusaku and human Revolver will confront in real world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't expect another DRAW beetwen Yusaku and Ryoken.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't expect another DRAW beetwen Yusaku and Ryoken.
    That's something that's never happened before, two characters Dueling each other to a literal, game mechanic Draw more than once. That said, having a moment to marinate over it, it's actually not as surprising as one might think. For one, it follows the patterned president set by their first Duel, which was also a Speed Duel that ended in a Draw, and which in turn will segue into another Master Duel. Second and truthfully, when you think on it, there wasn't much other way the Duel could have ended such that what was set up here could and would be able to continue. Not everything has been settled between them (this was more a prelude, really), and while an inconclusive interruption technically could have also sufficed, it would not have had the same nuance of making them appear evenly matched as a Draw where both powered through using Storm Access -- failing before succeeding with gumption. This way, both characters are made out to be equal to each other when it comes down to it, regardless that Playmaker won during their second Duel.

I know that's a lot of words, but basically, whereas such a president had never been set before in any prior series (Draws are rare, and never, that I can recall, have they happened more than once in a story season), it is, in hindsight, actually a logical one that they Drawed against each other for the second time in a Speed Duel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two weeks later now we know some things from last episode. The 6 AIs were created by the Lost Incident, based on the 6 childrens. Playmaker's AI is based on Yusaku himself. Next episode, we will see Revolver's human face. And the next, Yusaku and human Revolver will confront in real world.
    I doubted it but it turned out to be true that the 6 Ignis AIs were experimented with the 6 Lost Incident children. Crazy. My original theory of Revolver being in the Lost Incident experimentation to become the leader of Hanoi seems off but I do see Revolver crying as a kid in Ep 43 preview so I'm not ready to call it totally wrong yet.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That's something that's never happened before, two characters Dueling each other to a literal, game mechanic Draw more than once. That said, having a moment to marinate over it, it's actually not as surprising as one might think. For one, it follows the patterned president set by their first Duel, which was also a Speed Duel that ended in a Draw, and which in turn will segue into another Master Duel. Second and truthfully, when you think on it, there wasn't much other way the Duel could have ended such that what was set up here could and would be able to continue. Not everything has been settled between them (this was more a prelude, really), and while an inconclusive interruption technically could have also sufficed, it would not have had the same nuance of making them appear evenly matched as a Draw where both powered through using Storm Access -- failing before succeeding with gumption. This way, both characters are made out to be equal to each other when it comes down to it, regardless that Playmaker won during their second Duel.

I know that's a lot of words, but basically, whereas such a president had never been set before in any prior series (Draws are rare, and never, that I can recall, have they happened more than once in a story season), it is, in hindsight, actually a logical one that they Drawed against each other for the second time in a Speed Duel.
    I honestly never expected a draw to happen between Revolver and Playmaker this time. I thought this was the final battle to decide if the Hanoi Project would go off or not. This gives off the vibe to me that something unexpected happened to the writers when they were making this story. I don't think they planned for the duel to not have a decisive winner. I think something must've happened recently for this change in direction. It's crazy actually. But I do like it because I like seeing someone actually reduce Playmaker's LP to 0.

Another thing I can see for sure now is that the Topologic are Revovler's Speed Duel boss monsters and Borrel are his Master Duel boss monsters. I really hope when Revolver and Playmaker duel next time it's a Master Duel.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I honestly never expected a draw to happen between Revolver and Playmaker this time. I thought this was the final battle to decide if the Hanoi Project would go off or not. This gives off the vibe to me that something unexpected happened to the writers when they were making this story. I don't think they planned for the duel to not have a decisive winner. I think something must've happened recently for this change in direction. It's crazy actually. But I do like it because I like seeing someone actually reduce Playmaker's LP to 0.

Another thing I can see for sure now is that the Topologic are Revovler's Speed Duel boss monsters and Borrel are his Master Duel boss monsters. I really hope when Revolver and Playmaker duel next time it's a Master Duel.
    Following precident, it's most certainly going to be a Master Duel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sup, guys.