User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [VRAINS] [SPOILER] General discussion thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so another win for Playmaker with Cyberse Clock Dragon, and next week, Hanoi is back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Shimy View Post
    OK, so another win for Playmaker with Cyberse Clock Dragon, and next week, Hanoi is back.
    And the week after that, Naoki Shima/Max Brave gets another Duel! So hyped for that!

On top of that, it'll be against Ghost Girl, who needed the Duel, too.

Seriously, I'm really anticipating Brave's next Duel. I hope it'll be good for him like his last one was. I loved how they managed to make a 2-turn Duel work so well for the characters who Dueled it, especially for Naoki's. In addition, I hope he'll use some new cards that'll help identify them being something of Brave's, even if he still sticks to beasts and the Baboon Monsters. This includes him using some Links or other Extra Deck types.

Also, I hope this Duel marks the point where Naoki gains more relevance in the story, as after the Season's first episode, he has had even less screen time and focus than in Season 1 (in fact, he hasn't shown up or cameo-ed at all since then). I still feel his character has a lot of potential, and I hope this is the start of the writers finally making use of that potential.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we didn't get an explanation on how Bohman could have the actual Yusaku physically uploaded into him. But it was a nice duel. I'm surprised at how little Firewall Dragon gets used by Playmaker now. Anyways on to the Hanoi and return of Ryoken/Revolver
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    So we didn't get an explanation on how Bohman could have the actual Yusaku physically uploaded into him. But it was a nice duel. I'm surprised at how little Firewall Dragon gets used by Playmaker now. Anyways on to the Hanoi and return of Ryoken/Revolver
    Such details will likely be saved for a different time. This isn't the last time Bohman will show up or Duel.

I also liked the Duel. Seeing more of the cards Playmaker has yet to use, including RAM Clouder and Widget Kid debut was nice. So was the second appearance of Cyberse Clock Dragon, who's protection effect actually was made relevant for the Duel.

Firewall Dragon is kinda hard to use, since its effects are more for faciliating further plays than for being an end-play itself. Its proactive in ways that are generally "frowned upon" in the Anime: sending cards back to the hand anti-climatically, when used on the opponent, or facilitating constantly on-going Summons that work toward minimizing interaction with the opponent. It also requires being co-Linked to be best utilized, and its real-life brokenness that got it limited casts a negative shadow on it.

These are all the possible reasons why, when added together, Firewall isn't used much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/yugioh-vrains/episodes/

From the looks of the preview, it seems this Duel is gonna be as awesomely fun as I hoped it would! The Duelists already seem to have a fun chemistry going on, and Ghost Girl also seems to be taken aback at Brave after having underestimated him. Brave looked like he actually Summoned Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest (which would make this the first time it was played in the Anime, no?). On top of that, he Link Summons! Hope to get as many new Beast-related things from him as possible.

I'm glad they're seemingly sticking with the generally suave, poker-faced Brave on the outside juxtaposed with the dorky and hyperactive Naoki on the inside (kinda like a sorta-reverse take on the old "inner-Sakura" dynamic from super-early Naruto), while still maintaining his increased general confidence level. The expression of the dualism between how he acted on the outside and how he felt on the inside was one of the biggest things that made his last Duel so awesome and underscoredly epic. It's what really won the character over for me. Also, "playing it cool"-Brave actually manages to come off genuinely cool.

Looking forward to next week! Also, it looks like its not gonna all be a Naoki/Emma/Aoi bottle episode.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andre used Green Baboon in his practice round with Yusei.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Andre used Green Baboon in his practice round with Yusei.
    Yeah. I had totally forgot that he did. It felt like Green Baboon was played before, but I couldn't place where and by whom.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Green Baboon debuted as card from that wheelchaired old lady from Yugioh R, right?

EDIT: Confirmed it. Her name is Maico Kato.
    Last edited by Comun; 11th July 2018 at 02:05 PM.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Tindangle
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Green Baboon debuted as card from that wheelchaired old lady from Yugioh R, right?

Oh goddammit, how did I miss that?!
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Oh goddammit, how did I miss that?!
    After you mentioned that, if I'm not mistaken, that's where the card originally came from. Green Baboon was a Manga Card, like Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness.

There are a lot of Manga cards that I don't realize or remember were Manga cards.