User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [VRAINS] [SPOILER] General discussion thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spectre's backstory turned out to be spectacular, adding new dimensions to his already phenomenal character.

He was one of the 6 kids involved in the Hanoi Project. His attitude towards it is completely opposed to Yusaku's. He saw it as fun compared to his everyday life. After the kids were saved, Revolver gave Spectre a purpose. Spectre now is completely devoted to him. The tree in his Deck has a significance. It represents the tree that took care of him, that was unfortunately cut down.

Spectre was my favorite character before this episode, and I like him even more because of this episode.
    The dankest duelist you'll ever meet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post
    Spectre's backstory turned out to be spectacular, adding new dimensions to his already phenomenal character.

He was one of the 6 kids involved in the Hanoi Project. His attitude towards it is completely opposed to Yusaku's. He saw it as fun compared to his everyday life. After the kids were saved, Revolver gave Spectre a purpose. Spectre now is completely devoted to him. The tree in his Deck has a significance. It represents the tree that took care of him, that was unfortunately cut down.

Spectre was my favorite character before this episode, and I like him even more because of this episode.
    Wait, wasn't that obvious for weeks now by the episodes' title?

Anyways, I'm not sure about how much I like his character tbh. He just feels like another Vector-like villian, and he lacks any real motives. The backstory of Revolvers father is ok, but was also to be expected. (I'm also pretty sure that Revolver was the guy who bought a hotdog when they stopped before that villa at the beach a few episodes ago). All in all, I'm actually more interested about what happened to the other 4 Lost Incidents atm. Plot armor does the rest for me.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Wait, wasn't that obvious for weeks now by the episodes' title?

Anyways, I'm not sure about how much I like his character tbh. He just feels like another Vector-like villian, and he lacks any real motives. The backstory of Revolvers father is ok, but was also to be expected. (I'm also pretty sure that Revolver was the guy who bought a hotdog when they stopped before that villa at the beach a few episodes ago). All in all, I'm actually more interested about what happened to the other 4 Lost Incidents atm. Plot armor does the rest for me.
    I hope after this Arc/Season, the start putting more of a focus on Jin and the other 3 victims.
    The dankest duelist you'll ever meet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    All in all, I'm actually more interested about what happened to the other 4 Lost Incidents atm.
    We know of 3. Specter, Yusaku, and Jin Kusanagi (Shoichi's younger brother). I imagine the other three will also be important.
    Current deck: Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post

I remember when they provided introductory info about each character before Vrains even started, I said in a thread here that I would probably like Spectre's character the most. And it turned out to be true. Spectre is my favorite character in this show. His sadistic personality has a reason behind it. Society never cared for him or gave him purpose so he has no attachment to society's destruction. Therefore, he has no mental weakness that could hold him back. So he's not being evil just to be evil. His perspective on the Hanoi Project is so unique & I always like uniqueness over mainstream bad guy vs good guy battles. And his loyalty to Revolver makes sense as Revolver is the only person that provided purpose to him. Plus Spectre is very manipulative which adds to his character. There's depth to him and he's not your classic "I'm a big strong bad guy" so I'm a fan.

I like his grind-it-out style deck too instead of classic dropping strong monsters onto the field and attacking. My only major concern is that he might not continue into the next arc. In the opening song, they have Yusaku, Revolver, Aoi and Go all flying on their Duel Boards but Spectre is no where to be seen. I hope they keep him.

Also when Spectre says Yusaku must've had a good life that's why the Hanoi Project hurt him, Yusaku doesn't say anything. Do we know about Yusaku's childhood? Did he have parents and a loving family that he was kidnapped from? I can't find that info anywhere. And where are his parents now if they were in the show before the Incident?
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yusaku did say he lived a normal life and that he was returned to his family when the kids were rescued. I think it's in one of the Akira episodes.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Tindangle
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Comun, can you/would you translate the flavor text on the updated image of Sunseed Geniun Loci, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Yusaku did say he lived a normal life and that he was returned to his family when the kids were rescued. I think it's in one of the Akira episodes.
    That's funny, because there's nothing that really reflects that to be true, what with him apparently being ultra latch-key and otherwise not coming off as remotely "normal". We're just left to take Yusaku's word for it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    @Comun, can you/would you translate the flavor text on the updated image of Sunseed Geniun Loci, please?
    "A seed that can be harvested from the Sunavalon once every 1000 years. It's said it will become the guardian spirit of its land after 1000 years"
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Tindangle
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    "A seed that can be harvested from the Sunavalon once every 1000 years. It's said it will become the guardian spirit of its land after 1000 years"
    Thank you.

Interesting! So it seem Genius Loci is meant to be a Sunavalon as a seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a theory. After watching the episode 38, the 4th recap episode, I noticed at some point that Revolver speaks like Yusaku. While talking to Spectre, Revolver says the known phrase of Yusaku, "Hitotsu..., futatsu..., mitsu...". And when Yusaku started to say "hitotsu..." Revolver already was looking at him like if he already knows where Playmaker comes from, during their Master Duel. My theory is that the one who saved Yusaku of the Lost Incident was Revolver himself...

Now I wonder who really is Ignis... I can't forget his rare attitude when Faust tells Playmaker that Ignis is a problem for the world, and Ignis stops Faust by telling Yusaku to win the Duel.