User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [VRAINS] [SPOILER] General discussion thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any issues with Link Spells being playable. If anything, they feel easier to grasp and incorporate than the Rank-Up Magics were.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Tindangle
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that Yusaku and Takeru's relationship will be like Yuma and Shingetsu, and somehow Takeru will be like Vector.

EDIT:

Spoiler Alert!

Hmm...
    Last edited by Dark-Shimy; 13th April 2018 at 12:26 AM.

The Org itself pointed out that The Perfect Rulebook tends to introduce new mechanics, and wondered what could be the new mechanic this time. It might as well be Link Spells.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Shimy View Post
    I feel that Yusaku and Takeru's relationship will be like Yuma and Shingetsu, and somehow Takeru will be like Vector.
    Yeah, I think the same that it can go that way.
    We'll see.
    EDIT:

Spoiler Alert!

Hmm...
    Spoiler Alert!
    May or may not be forced to fight Yusaku since Jin was "taken as a hostage" ? We still haven't got a confirmation about what that thing did to Jin though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll see, but I'd rather they'd go the Jesse route rather than the Bruno or Ray route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    We'll see, but I'd rather they'd go the Jesse route rather than the Bruno or Ray route.
    The argument I think is that Takeru is the only one who will know that Yusaku is Playmaker. So that friendship can be a trap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, I hope he goes the Jesse route too. Gosh I can't believe Yusasku will make a dueling friend. That will be character development for sure. I am very surprised from the intro and ending song that Takeru will get this much spotlight. But I'm all for it.

As for the Link Spells, I think they should be brought into the real game. You can only have one Link Spell on the field and it has to be placed in a S/T zone that a Link Monster in the Main Monster Zone points to. Seems somewhat balanced. I just don't know what any Link Spell pointing to the left, right and bottom three arrows will do.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I just don't know what any Link Spell pointing to the left, right and bottom three arrows will do.
    Play more link spells to the zone(s) they point to? Would make sense to me.

Well, not the bottom three. That would be useless, indeed, as long as there is no row behind the S/T cards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The argument I think is that Takeru is the only one who will know that Yusaku is Playmaker. So that friendship can be a trap.
    Perhaps, but for the sake of positive development for Yusaku, since Soulburner seems to be taking the "new best friend" route (that Naoki tried but failed to establish) with Yusaku, I'm hoping he won't turn out to be a bad guy.

Even though there's a weird split-second shot in the opening of Takeru looking like a tough-guy in street clothes...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I agree, I hope he goes the Jesse route too. Gosh I can't believe Yusasku will make a dueling friend. That will be character development for sure. I am very surprised from the intro and ending song that Takeru will get this much spotlight. But I'm all for it.
    Playing the "Jesse" role is fine by me, so long as he does actually turn out to be like Jesse, i.e., someone without a malicious or hidden agenda.

Once again, that one shot of him in opening is a little worrisome, and not at all accidental.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps, but for the sake of positive development for Yusaku, since Soulburner seems to be taking the "new best friend" route (that Naoki tried but failed to establish) with Yusaku, I'm hoping he won't turn out to be a bad guy.

Even though there's a weird split-second shot in the opening of Takeru looking like a tough-guy in street clothes...

Smoking? Either that's his past or his true-self.