User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [OCG] New Trickstar promo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[OCG] New Trickstar promo

Looks like the Japanese Yugioh website accidentally posted about an upcoming promo sooner than intended. It's no longer there, but Ygorg has it and has a translation.

This V-Jump promo seems to be themed for this year’s Christmas season.

Trickstar Carobein (トリックスター・キャロベイン) [tentative name translation]
    LIGHT / Level 5 / Fairy / Effect
    2000 ATK / 1000 DEF
    You can only use either this card name’s (1) or (2) effect per turn, and only once that turn.
    (1) If you control no monsters, or all monsters you control are “Trickstar” monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
    (2) From the start of the Damage Step, to before damage calculation, if a “Trickstar” monster you control battles an opponent’s monster: You can send this card from your hand to the GY; that monster you control gains ATK equal to its original ATK, until the end of this turn.

FYI, this card was briefly displayed on yu-gi-oh.jp before being taken down. So an official release date is unknown at this time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desire to splash Galaxy Soldier in Trickstar intensifies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this card. The art work is amazing and I love that it has a holiday theme and I hope Aoi plays it in an episode during the holiday season. Heck I will just be glad to see it in the anime at all.

Now as for the effect it is pretty good, yes I know it doesn't burn, but with reincarnation limited in ocg and might also be limited in the tcg, trickstars are going to need new ways to play and this card fully supports link summon by summoning itself essentially for free. It can also be summon and link to Holly which will burn and the hand effect will make it replace honest in my deck. I know honest is better when it comes to powering up, but this card special summons it self for link plays and it is searchable and can be revived. It also combos with lycoris since you can attack with it, use it for lycoris skill and keep it in hand to power up a trickstar. It works so well in the deck, just sad that it will take forever to get this card in the tcg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange that they decided to drop a burn effect on her. Helps with making Links and swarming the field so it isn't too bad I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archfiend View Post
    Strange that they decided to drop a burn effect on her. Helps with making Links and swarming the field so it isn't too bad I guess.
    Effect Damage is only one aspect of the Trickstar Deck, and it's arguably the aspect least in need of support. On the other hand, Link Summoning and their Battle Damage aspects could both have used support, and that is precisely what this card does.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The promo link-3 summon sorceress (?) has been revealed: http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/51073266.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archfiend View Post
    Well... Sometimes Konami ditches the main play style, especially when it comes to anime archetypes.
    Sometimes it's just a little bit, sometimes they just ditch it entirely.
    Look at Raidraptors for example. It used to be an anti-special summoned monsters archetype. Not anymore.

This is a really good card for Trickstars though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternalight View Post
    Well... Sometimes Konami ditches the main play style, especially when it comes to anime archetypes.
    Sometimes it's just a little bit, sometimes they just ditch it entirely.
    Look at Raidraptors for example. It used to be an anti-special summoned monsters archetype. Not anymore.

This is a really good card for Trickstars though.
    Your Trickstar example is simply a reflection of the Anime and how her Deck is currently developing as she's shown using more cards. This card simply reflects that. That, and VRAINS's cards are more real-life friendly from the outset than most series' cards tended to be prior.

Your Raidraptor example is also reflective of Shay's Deck progress. When it was primarily "anti-Special Summon" in his first Duel, and from his second onward it was also about Rank-Up (while never stopping the anti-Special Summon angle), it brings to light the real possibility that the Deck was always what it quickly developed into.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be nice if it could be sent from the hand or field, similar to the Dark Magician Girl retrain it reminds me so much of.
    Yeah, it's a worse Honest but a decent enough Trickstar monster when it comes to swarming the field. Wish it did just a pinch more, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    It would be nice if it could be sent from the hand or field, similar to the Dark Magician Girl retrain it reminds me so much of.
    Yeah, it's a worse Honest but a decent enough Trickstar monster when it comes to swarming the field. Wish it did just a pinch more, though.
    Agreed I hoped it could also be used from field like apprentice and it doesn't power up well like honest either, but heck it swarms, it is searchable, revivable with reincarnation and can be added back to hand with lillybell so while it is not a better attack booster than honest or apprentice it has qualities that make up for it.