User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summon Sorceress

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summon Sorceress

The official news site has revealed what the next VJump promo does!

Summon Sorceress
    Dark Spellcaster / Link / Effect
    Link 3 2400 / T BL BR
    2+ monsters with the same Type, except Tokens
    You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand in Defense Position to your opponent’s zone this card points to.
    (2) You can target 1 face-up monster this card points to; Special Summon 1 monster with the same Type from your Deck in Defense Position to a zone this card points to on either field, but that monster’s effects are negated.

Situational. Setup for Akashic and Firewall I guess. Useful for Kaijus and stuff that gets you something if you pop it: Yang Zing, Fire Kings, etc.
    Last edited by Archsorcerer; 13th November 2017 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This card effect greatly resembles Number 29: Mannequin Cat. Although it doesn't summon monsters with their effects negated. Still I believe this card has potential as a combo piece. It allow decks to set up Synchro, Xyz, or Link plays respectively.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This does a number on hieratics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty cool artwork. The effect is not bad either. Being able to summon any monster from the deck, even if its effect is negated, has a lot of potential.

Like make needlefiber and use his effect to summon o-lion from the deck, link o-lion and fiber into this and get a token, now you can use her effect to target the token to summon any machine monster from your deck like a tuner for a synchro or a floater like a dark destroyer. I'm tempted to play her in altergeist as a way to get meluseek faster on board to start looping.

Also the combination of the first and second effect can make inferno reckless summon live. And if you want to be really cheese you could, maybe, use the first effect to summon Ido the supreme magicial force or something similar to your opponent field if you can prevent him from crashing into your monster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see this being used with Remove Brainwashing to constantly summon monsters that will switch back to you immediately.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Speedroid dedicated players? Maliciousmagnet + the monster on the opponent's field.

Nothing amazing but something that can be tried in a fun deck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as good as I was expecting, but seems decent and can be good in some situations. As dumb as it may sound, I'm thinking of a deck aiming to Summon the three Egyptian Gods with the aid of this: if you can Normal Summon "Ra" (which shouldn't be difficult if you can Summon this), Special Summon "Slyfer" or "Obelisk" from your hand to your opponent's field and take control of it with "Remove Brainwashing" or "Owner's Seal" like it has been suggested, then Special Summon the third God directly from your deck. Then Tribute the three to Special Summon "Horakhty" from your hand for the win.

PS: I called the next Structure R would be the one based on "Curse of Darkness" (one we never got in the TCG), so hopefully we will get some "Diabolos" retrain and new "Virus" related cards.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels like they're getting ready to ban Firewall Dragon given just how many new Link monsters have a more manageable (aka not infinite loop) summon from hand effect.

If I had any faith in Konami I'd think it was to create some cool cross promotion where they ban Firewall Dragon IRL at the same time releasing an episode of VRAINS where SOL bans Firewall from their servers and forces Yusaku to use something else.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Feels like they're getting ready to ban Firewall Dragon given just how many new Link monsters have a more manageable (aka not infinite loop) summon from hand effect.
    If I had any faith in Konami I'd think it was to create some cool cross promotion where they ban Firewall Dragon IRL at the same time releasing an episode of VRAINS where SOL bans Firewall from their servers and forces Yusaku to use something else.
    I don't think Firewall is Banworthy. In terms of competitive Gaming he did nothing relevant yet, of course not taking SPYrals into consideration, and its not in all scenarios you will make the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post
    Not as good as I was expecting, but seems decent and can be good in some situations. As dumb as it may sound, I'm thinking of a deck aiming to Summon the three Egyptian Gods with the aid of this: if you can Normal Summon "Ra" (which shouldn't be difficult if you can Summon this), Special Summon "Slyfer" or "Obelisk" from your hand to your opponent's field and take control of it with "Remove Brainwashing" or "Owner's Seal" like it has been suggested, then Special Summon the third God directly from your deck. Then Tribute the three to Special Summon "Horakhty" from your hand for the win.

PS: I called the next Structure R would be the one based on "Curse of Darkness" (one we never got in the TCG), so hopefully we will get some "Diabolos" retrain and new "Virus" related cards.
    Man if Diabolos becomes relevant. If that day comes, i am sure that i will be happier person

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you are giving the opponent a linked zone, placing an annoying monster on the opponent's field could mess with decks like Jack Knight and Magibullets.

Also, Sorceress can setup a monster for a Cyber Dragon contact fusion. Saw this one reddit.