User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCG: Flames of Destruction VJump News

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OCG: Flames of Destruction VJump News

A splurge of cards, including things implicitly from Revolver's current Duel and Blue Angel's upcoming one. (They're really splurging on the latter in particular; I hope Link-2, if not a Link-1, one day soon...)

Quote Originally Posted by Cards Galore
    VJump night continues with the next main series booster pack! Check back as we update.

First up are cards used by Revolver

Topologic Torusbaena
    Dark Cyberse / Effect / Link
    Link 3 2500 / T BL BR
    2+ Effect monsters
    (1) If a monster is Special Summoned to a zone this card points to: Banish that monster and as many Spell/Trap Cards on the field as possible, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each of their cards banished by this effect.

Defradragon
    Dark Dragon / Effect
    LV3 1000/600
    You can only Special Summon a card with this card’s name with the way written in its (1) effect once per turn.
    You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
    (1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by sending 1 other monster from your hand to the GY.
    (2) If this card is in your GY: You can banish 3 monsters with the same name, except this card, from your GY; Special Summon this card from the GY.

Background Dragon
    Dark Dragon / Effect
    LV5 1600/1800
    You can only use this card name’s effect once per turn.
    (1) If this card is in your GY and you control no cards: You can Special Summon in Defense Position both this card and 1 Level 4 or lowerr Dragon monster from your hand, and if you do, banish this card if it leaves the field.

Red Reboot
    Trap Counter
    You can activate this card from your hand by paying half your LP.
    (1) When your opponent activates a Trap Card: Your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards for the rest of this turn, also negate that activation, and if you do, Set it on the field. Then, your opponent can take 1 Trap Card from their Deck and Set it to their Spell & Trap Zone.

Next, Blue Angel’s cards take the stage … or rather, Arena!

Trickstar Bloom
    Light Fairy / Link / Effect
    Link 1 100 / B
    1 Level 2 or lower “Trickstar” monster
    You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can activate this effect; your opponent draws 1 card.
    (2) If a “Trickstar” monster this card points to is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each card they have in their hand.

Trickstar Light Arena
    Spell Field
    You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
    (1) If you Link Summon a “Trickstar” monster: You can target 1 “Trickstar” monster in your GY that was used as a material for that Summon; Special Summon it in Defense Position, but its effects are negated.
    (2) Once per turn: You can target 1 Set card in your opponent’s Spell & Trap Zone; while this card is in the Field Zone, that Set card cannot be activated until the End Phase, and your opponent must activate it during the End Phase or else return it to their hand.

Trickstar Shakunaju / Trickstar Shakunage (pronounce it like the English “age”)
    Light Fairy / Effect
    LV4 1400/1900
    (1) You can discard 1 “Trickstar” card, then target 1 “Trickstar” Link Monster in your GY; Special Summon it.
    (2) Each time a card(s) is banished from your opponent’s GY, inflict 200 damage to them for each.

Now for something original, a new Elemental Lord rises! With it, the Elementsaber theme!

Koureishin Forceaurage / Forceaurage the Elemental Lord
    Light Fairy / Special Summon / Effect
    LV8 2800/2200
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having exactly 5 LIGHT monsters in your GY. You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
    (1) When this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy all monsters your opponent controls.
    (2) If this face-up card leaves the field, skip the Battle Phase of your next turn.

Elementsaber Willard
    Light Warrior / Effect
    LV6 2400/2100
    (1) You can send 2 other monsters from your hand to the GY; Special Summon this card from your hand.
    (2) While this card is in the Monster zone, apply the following to “Elementsaber” and “Elemental Lord” monsters you control according to the original Attribute(s) of the “Elementsaber” monsters sent to the GY to activate this card’s (1) effect.
    -EARTH/WIND: They cannot be destroyed by battle.
    -WATER/FIRE: They cannot be destroyed by card effects.
    -LIGHT/DARK: They cannot be targeted by an opponent’s card effect.

Elementsaber Makani
    Wind Warrior / Effect
    LV2 1300/1200
    (1) Once per turn: You can send 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your hand to the GY; add 1 “Elementsaber” or “Elemental Lord” monster from your Deck to the your hand, except “Elementsaber Makani”.
    (2) Once per turn, while this card is in your GY: You can declare 1 Attribute; until the end of this turn, the Attribute of this card in the GY becomes that declared Attribute.

Elementsaber Malo
    Fire Warrior / Effect
    LV3 1700/200
    (1) Once per turn: You can send 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your hand to the GY; send 1 “Elementsaber” or “Elemental Lord” monster from your Deck to the GY, except “Elementsaber Malo”.
    (2) Once per turn, while this card is in your GY: You can declare 1 Attribute; until the end of this turn, the Attribute of this card in the GY becomes that declared Attribute.

Elementsaber Lapavilla
    Light Warrior / Effect
    LV4 400/2100
    (1) Once per turn, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated (Quick Effect): You can send 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your hand to the GY; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Elemental Training
    Trap Continuous
    (1) While this card is in the Spell & Trap Zone, “Temple of the Elemental Lords” you control cannot be destroyed by card effects, and cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects.
    (2) Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 monster; Special Summon from your Deck 1 “Elementsaber” monster with a different original Attribute than the Tributed monster.
    (3) You can send this face-up card in the Spell & Trap Zone to the GY; discard your hand, then, add “Elemental Lord” monsters from your GY to your hand, equal to the number of cards you discarded.

Reishin no Seiden / Temple of the Elemental Lords
    Spell Field
    (1) Monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF for every different Attribute amongst monsters in your GY.
    (2) Once per turn: You can add 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your Deck to your hand, then, skip the Battle Phase of your next turn.
    (3) Once per turn, if an “Elementsaber” monster you control or have in your hand would activate its effect by sending a card(s) from your hand to the GY, you can send an “Elementsaber” monster(s) from your Deck to the GY instead.

We wrap up FLOD with some miscellany!

Sairin no Teioh / The Monarchs Re-Advent
    Spell Equip
    You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
    (1) Activate this card by targeting 1 monster in your GY with 2400 ATK and 1000 DEF OR 2800 ATK and 1000 DEF; Special Summon it in Defense Position, and if you do, equip this card to it, but that monster’s effects are negated.
    (2) The equipped monster can be treated as 2 Tributes for a Tribute Summon.

Tekkiryuu Tiamaton / Tiamaton the Steel Battalion Dragon
    Dark Dragon / Special Summon / Effect
    LV4 2000/0
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.
    Must be Special Summoned by this card’s (1) effect.
    (1) If 3 or more cards are in the same column (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
    (2) If this card is Special Summoned: Destroy all other cards in this card’s column.
    (3) While this card is in the Monster Zones, unused zones in this card’s column cannot be used.

Source
    https://ygorganization.com/flamesofdestructionnews/
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 11th December 2017 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit, was hoping Aoi's monster was the cover card. Ah well, badass dragon is badass.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This elemental training can tribute an opponent monster?
    So you can SS one elementsaber from the deck? for free?

Also the monarch support i kinda good.
    Kill me please.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, some of these cards are... yeah...
    Torusbaena is awesome, another really strong generic Link with a weird but potent effect. Kind of awkward since Revolver's deck uses a decent number of S/T that stay on the field, but whatever. Pretty much every Link deck will want one of these bad boys.
    The main deck dragons... are really fucking weird. Strange grave effects, strange all around. Not really that good honestly. Defra will probably get used in some stupid OTK combo eventually.
    Red Reboot is hilarious. Just the idea of it is so extra I love it. Pay half your LP to emergency activate it from the hand, stop a trap only temporarily, give your opponent another trap, lol. It's basically a stronger Trap Stun since you can use it from your hand, but you better be really confident that you're going to win that turn or at least will have a crazy strong board position. I doubt it'll be used, but it's cool.
    Fuck Trickstar Bloom. Fuck them for even making cards to combo with the worst aspect of the Trickstar deck that has already caused other cards to get hit because of it.
    Light Arena is purely a 1-of to search and use when necessary. It can't summon back Links, so it's pretty bad compared to the Stage. And they couldn't have given it a third little effect like Stage has with the bonus damage?
    At least Shakunaju is dope as hell, really strong addition to the main deck unlike some of the less good ones we've been seeing recently.
    Honestly, the Elemental Lords have been annoying enough as is, seeing them get an archtype feels like seeing the evolution of Monarchs getting an archtype, meaning I don't like it. But I'll give them props for making the Temple have such a clever effect with its "skip your next battle phase" effect.
    Speaking of Monarchs, fuck this equip spell, they don't deserve it.
    And to top it all off, some weird Recurring Nightmare target! It's... uh, weird. Since it's a quick effect, I guess it could potentially be good. I suppose the optimal play with it is blowing up your opponent's extra deck monster the moment they summon it along with the monster and s/t behind it and then preventing your opponent from using their extra monster zone as long as you occupy yours. Weird. Could actually be used?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pai de santo View Post
    This elemental training can tribute an opponent monster?
    No, it tributes a monster you control.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda like the elementsaber theme, if i don't remember bad these are the first monsters that can change their attribute in the graveyard, and seems a pretty cool deck, having main deck boss monsters with powerful effects but "hard" to summon and with bad effect if you loose them add points to me.

They can also run the old DARK boss monsters like dark armed dragon as techs. Looking into them for sure.

Also, that new topologic is awesome, i can see people doing some gimmicks plays with him + wind-up rabbit, banishing all the turns all s/t.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they errata'd Necrovalley to counter Elementsabers? Besides that, I'm not that much excited about them, they either gonna be broken like Monarchs or even True Dracos, or just bad because the Elemental Lords are too outdated. I also wonder how they will play around that "Skip your next Battle Phase" thing, since it is such an obvious weakness.

Speaking of Monarchs, Re-Advent is nice but I don't feel like it was really needed.

The Topologic Link is pretty dope, I like that they make a theme out of it. The 2 Main Deck Dragons are weird, though Defradragon surely is insane for so many Decks. Like, everything that needs materials or tributes can use it.

I don't know about the Trickstar cards. Giving free cards seems a bit strange, and Arena doesn't look as good as Light Stage does, since Light Stage can search monsters from the deck which can Special Summon themselves, but also has a burn effect. Shakunaga is pretty good though.

Tiamaton is actually pretty good. It's a handtrap which can give you a board after your opponent wiped it during their turn, as well as a good disruption to some plays.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is torusbaena?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a trickstar player I gotta say that I hate the new field. I know it plays off the Link summoning with the archetype, but I hate running decks with more than one field spell and stage is too good to even consider putting this at one. Bloom is okay since lilybell is already used and the deck has a nightshade that can revive itself after linking so it is a 1 card link 2 which is neat. The level 4 revives whis is not too bad since you can get back link monsters especially catbat which likes being in the main monster zone. The burn is not too great would have been great if it burned for cards banished from grave and hand. What this deck needs is a good spell or trap. Right now lightstage and riencarnation is the best they have. The new equip spell is good, but hell who knows whenbthe tcg will get that.

Revolvers cards just tick me off, since they are hard counters to altergeist and hard countering is how she lost to playmaker and well I really like the character and hate to see her loose because some one runs random cards to specifically beat her. I mean that trap is so dumb and useless, but will be the reason she looses along with the new topologic, which is not an evolution which makes me sad since I thought we would see our first link evolution and speaking of the new topologic it is generic and strong as all hell, what is konami thinking?

Giving elemental lords an archetype to utilize them is very cool and further shows why grandsoild needed to be nerfed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    What is torusbaena?
    Trisbaena (greek for "three-headed") in horribly butchered Greek in the same way "Vullet" and "Varrel/Borrel" are horribly butchered English. A very weird name choice, as I can't see three heads anywhere in the cards' image. It's got 3 Link Arrows, so that's at least something, but not anything I would call "heads".

We can clearly see a common theme in Revolver's card that the longer he Duels, the less able to properly speak languages he becomes.
    Last edited by Comun; 11th December 2017 at 09:07 PM.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly