User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCG: Link VRAINS Box VJump News!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OCG: Link VRAINS Box VJump News!

https://ygorganization.com/vrainsboxnews/

Quote Originally Posted by Now with Gouki and MORE Trickstars

Trickstar Foxywitch
    Light Fairy / Link / Effect
    Link 3 2200 / T L R
    2+ Fairy monsters
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each card they control.
    (2) If this Link Summoned card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 Link 2 or lower “Trickstar” monster from your Extra Deck, then, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each card they control.

Trickstar Magicorolla
    Spell Equip
    You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
    (1) Activate this card by targeting 1 “Trickstar” monster in your GY: Special Summon it, and if you do, equip this card to it. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster.
    (2) Once per turn, if the equipped monster inflicts damage to your opponent by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 “Trickstar” monster from your hand.

Formud Skipper
    Light Cyberse / Effect
    LV1 0/0
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) During your Main Phase: You can reveal 1 Link Monster from your Extra Deck. During this turn, if you use this card as a Material for a Link Summon, you can treat it as having the same card name, Type, and Attribute as that revealed monster.
    (2) If this card is sent to the GY as a Link Material: You can add 1 Level 5 or higher Cyberse monster from your Deck to your hand.

[T]actical Exchamber
    Trap Normal
    You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
    (1) Target 1 face-up monster you control; destroy it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 “Rokket” monster with a different original name than that destroyed monster from your Deck or GY.

Gouki Deathmatch
    Spell Field
    (1) When this card is activated: Place 3 counters on it.
    (2) If a “Gouki” monster you control destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: Remove 1 counter from this card.
    (3) At the end of a Battle Phase in which the last counter was removed from this card by its own effect: You can Special Summon as many “Gouki” monsters with different names as possible from your hand and/or Deck, then, place 3 counters on this card.
    ----

After Trickstars have used and abused their Field Spell to the stars and back, and got a second one to break up the monotony, Gouki's finally get their first Field Spell, and it's pretty unique!

Also, I'm not jelly that Trickstars have a Link-1 and Link-3 before Goukis even get a Link-2. Seriously though, I like Trickstars and the character who uses them in the show, and I'm genuinely pleased witht the Link-focused support for them of late, but I can't help but long for more Gouki love. Trickstars not only get a promo in this month's V-Jump, but also get 2 Links in the Main Set, plus anothe Link here, all 3 of which round their Link ranks out from 1 to 4.

Liking the Cyberse and Rokket support, too!
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 11th December 2017 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    https://ygorganization.com/vrainsboxnews/

----

After Trickstars have used and abused their Field Spell to the stars and back, and got a second one to break up the monotony, Gouki's finally get their first Field Spell, and it's pretty unique!

Also, I'm not jelly that Trickstars have a Link-1 and Link-3 before Goukis even get a Link-2. Seriously though, I like Trickstars and the character who uses them in the show, and I'm genuinely pleased witht the Link-focused support for them of late, but I can't help but long for more Gouki love. Trickstars not only get a promo in this month's V-Jump, but also get 2 Links in the Main Set, plus anothe Link here, all 3 of which round their Link ranks out from 1 to 4.

Liking the Cyberse and Rokket support, too!
    I like all of this. Dammit, hurry up and dub VRAINS!
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    I like all of this. Dammit, hurry up and dub VRAINS!
    Same. I'm waiting ever so patiently for one.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlike that dumb Link 1 combo Trickstar, this thing is a beauty, especially with the other new Trickstar that lets you special summon Trickstar Links from the grave. This thing is so much advantage.
    And the Equip Spell is nice, too! Archtype Premature Burial with a really neat bonus effect that makes sense for the archtype.
    Not sure what Skipper is really supposed to be achieving in a Cyberse deck since you'd need like 2 of these just to summon one monster that requires types or names Cyberse don't have and wouldn't synergize with anyways. I'm sure there will be something for it some day. Search effect is nice.
    Tactical Exchamber is good, fun to use if your monster was going to get blown up anyways. A little scared how easy it could be to throw into all kinds of generic decks along with a few Rokkets.
    And wow, an actually really cool and somewhat usable Gouki Field Spell, color me surprised! Wish they were called Gouki Counters instead of just counters, always hate when they do that, especially since it cuts off their design space for no damn reason when making other Gouki cards that could have combo'd with it later, but hey, the idea of winning 3 bouts to start the "next match" is such a clever idea I don't even care!
    These are all some really cool cards, I'm pretty happy with them. Of course I'm biased since I still vastly prefer Trickstars over Goukis, but as long as basically every Gouki monster will be usable just because of their dumb generic "seach any card but this" effect, I'll never feel bad for Gouki getting the short end of the stick against the always more varied Trickstars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foxywitch is a good waifu.
    And the gouki field is crazy o.o
    Kill me please.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same. I'm waiting ever so patiently for one.
    I think ARC-V is almost up to BB right now...
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think ARC-V is almost up to BB right now...
    It is, in Canada. Australia's still in the "end of Xyz Dimension" relay, last I heard.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is, in Canada. Australia's still in the "end of Xyz Dimension" relay, last I heard.
    Ack, I just wish they'd air them daily like they did Season 2.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ack, I just wish they'd air them daily like they did Season 2.
    I was also wondering why Australia wasn't doing that this time. Australia always started later than Canada, but they tended to air the episodes in rapid pace, and would catch up and finish nicely. Which was appreciated, when you take into consideration how long us Dub watchers have been waiting in the first place.

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 new cards per theme makes it better than the previous box set, imo. Although, they do appear to only be supporting 4 decks here instead of the 15 they were last time.