User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports Fusion (U.A. deck)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sports Fusion (U.A. deck)

Now, I don't usually like sports; I find them boring, and don't care enough to really be interested in them. But I did like the gimmick of the U.A. cards, so I decided to gather them up and make a deck out of them. At first, it was just a pure, run-of-the-mill U.A. deck, then I was coerced into throwing in Chicken Game, which I didn't like a whole lot, and now, after reading an article on TCGPlayer, I decided to throw in Norden for some reuse of Midfielder. Not sure how I'm going to refine this more, or if I'll like Norden in this deck, but whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean if you're gonna run norden I think you should probably run the heroic engine or something to have level 4s that aren't midfielder, which shouldn't be in the grave anyways. The lack of stormforth or any rank 4s that are actually good kinda irks me too. Turnover tactics is bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to stay pure here, I haven't had much luck with pulling Stormforth from my deck when I need it, and my other Rank4s are in my other decks, so I don't want to risk damaging them by swapping them out. And I'm only testing out Turnover Tactics at 1 for filler.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turnover is more side material, but i say 1 is fine, I like the card.
    You could try a couple Photon Thrasher to have tribute fodder AND Norden material, but as things stands Norden isn't going to do much work besides being tribute fodder with only Midfielder as a target (even because reviving Midfielder with Norden will probably lead to mid being swapped and Norden being tributed for Rebounder at best).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, like I said, I got the idea from a TCGPlayer article that used it to help the consistency of U.A.s, so I'm just trying it out to see what happens.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Well, like I said, I got the idea from a TCGPlayer article that used it to help the consistency of U.A.s, so I'm just trying it out to see what happens.
    At least Instant gives you tribute fodder anyway, just that without many LV 4 Norden is going to be only a pretty fancy tribute target. If you haven't got problems with tribute fodder Thrasher isn't needed (it has the nice thing of being live turn 1 unlike Haleberd so I'll point that out), and if you decide to drop Norden but keep Instant, Panzer Dragon has weird uses so I suggest him.

If you don't rely too much on your Extra I think you should get the 3rd fusion for instant, in case you need all 3 of them, which is unlikely but with U.A. using the extra is unlikely too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have triple Panzer Dragon, so I can use that in a pinch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keeping to just pure is bad honestly, the deck bricks badly and doesn't have many options due to extra deck options all being too minus. Speedroids are about as close as you can get to going pure with as few cards as possible. 3 top, 2 takemtoburg, and one red eyed die opens up your extra deck and more ways to get midfielder. But since you're running norden the hand engine takes up the same space and is, while less effective, good for rank 4 plays. Also if you're gonna run rebounder, you really want to run stormforth. Luck or no, rebounder is absolute unreliable trash without some way of tribute summoning him without tributing a u.a.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never liked combining archetypes, honestly; it pains me each time I see the Clownblade engine in my Heraldic Beast deck, and I really don't want to sully my U.A. deck with anything else. That, and space limitation. And honestly, Stormfoth never did anything for me, at all. I hate it in this deck, and it's the reason why I removed it. Call it dumb, but there's no way I'm going to rely on it for bringing out Rebounder or any of the other high-level U.A.s. I'd rather go with Reasoning, to be honest, and that I reluctantly took out for the Norden engine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone want to give me some budget-minded ideas for improving this deck? I don't have access to Speedroid support, and while I have like $60 in paypal, I'm keeping that safe until I know how much the cards I need for the next set are, so I don't overspend. Any suggestions would be appreciated, just keep in mind I'm extremely low-budget right now.