User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flames of Destruction - Unaccounted for New Cards

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://ygorganization.com/hitotokinoyume/

FLOD-JP077 無限泡影 Mugen Houyou (Fleeting Infinity)
    Normal Trap Card
    If you control no cards, you can activate this card from your hand.
    (1) Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that monster’s effects are negated until the end of that turn. If this Set Card is activated, also, during that turn, the effects of other Spell & Trap Cards in the same column as this card are negated.
    A Trap Effect Veiler that can be activated from the hand, but it's better not to. It's Spell/Trap negation is also really janky, requiring either a lucky strike or aiming for a Continous. I would rather be guaranteed to negate 2 monsters with Breakthrough Skill than be guaranteed to negate 1 monster with a chance to also negate a Spell/Trap with this.

That said, I like the card's name and artwork despite it's effect. The name is a pun between infinity ("mugen") and a Buddhist idiom about fleetingness ("mugen-houyou") and the artwork matches it with a picture of Infinity crumbling.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useful for the opening hands.

Paleozoic friendly too.
    Last edited by Archsorcerer; 3rd January 2018 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    A Trap Effect Veiler that can be activated from the hand, but it's better not to. It's Spell/Trap negation is also really janky, requiring either a lucky strike or aiming for a Continous. I would rather be guaranteed to negate 2 monsters with Breakthrough Skill than be guaranteed to negate 1 monster with a chance to also negate a Spell/Trap with this.

That said, I like the card's name and artwork despite it's effect. The name is a pun between infinity ("mugen") and a Buddhist idiom about fleetingness ("mugen-houyou") and the artwork matches it with a picture of Infinity crumbling.
    Added it to the first post, since I guess we're still using this thread.

And I dunno. I like it. It's very first turn friendly, especially if your opponent went first. If not, you can still use it to potentially turn off a bad effect before you make your move, and its other effect for when you activate it while it was Set is quite fun for Column mind games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's basically a weaker Breakthrough Skill. The Spell/Trap negation could be nice, but is severally hampered by limiting it to the same column. I'll be glad when Konami gets off this "column" fixation they're on right now.
    Visit my page on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Marker Wiki, http://ycm.wikia.com/wiki/User:CardTamer, to see my custom cards.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Didn't sound like he hopes for it but just thinks it is likely given the next SDR features DARK monsters and the Virus Traps work with DARK monsters. But I might hav missunderstood that.
    The original deck the next SDR is based on wasn't just a Dark deck. The original three Virus trap cards were all included in the deck and each of the three new King monsters specifically correlated to one of the three Virus traps.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 3rd January 2018 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CardTamer View Post
    It's basically a weaker Breakthrough Skill. The Spell/Trap negation could be nice, but is severally hampered by limiting it to the same column. I'll be glad when Konami gets off this "column" fixation they're on right now.
    For me, with how long they took to finally start making where you place your cards matter in earnest, that's the opposite of what I hope. Rather, I wish they were more liberal so we could have a genuine saturation. Cards like this and Tiamaton and the Traps from last Set are cool, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    The original deck the next SDR is based on wasn't just a Dark deck. The original three Virus trap cards were all included in the deck and each of the three new King monsters specifically correlated to one of the three Virus traps.
    I see. Well, maybe we'll get the Virus Traps then, not sure about the Dark Mummy cards tho. Thanks for clarification.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.