User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flames of Destruction - Unaccounted for New Cards

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flames of Destruction - Unaccounted for New Cards

Because these cards don't have a thread and they feel lonely. (As does this section... If only more of the guest frequenters would join us...)

EDIT: Added "Feelting Infinity".

Quote Originally Posted by Space Insulator
    https://ygorganization.com/whenwillitend/

Space Insulator
    Link 2 DARK Cyberse Link Effect Monster
    ATK 1200
    Link Arrows: Top-Center, Bottom-Center
    Link Materials: 2 monsters
    (1) Each monster this card points to loses 800 ATK/DEF.
    (2) When a Cyberse Link Monster is Link Summoned to your field while this card is in the GY, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can Special Summon this card to your zone that monster points to, and if you do, this card cannot be used as Link Material, also banish this card if this card leaves the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Sucker
    https://ygorganization.com/lamagrashesnot/

ヴァンパイア・サッカー Vampire Sucker
    Link 2 DARK Zombie Link Effect Monster
    ATK 1600
    Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
    Materials: 2 Zombie Monsters
    You can only use the ① and ② effect of this card’s name once per turn, respectively.
    ①: You can target 1 monster in your opponent’s GY; Special Summon that monster to your opponent’s side of the field in Defense Position, but it’s treated as a Zombie monster.
    ②: If a Zombie monster is Special Summoned from the GY: Draw 1 card.
    ③: If you would Tribute a monster(s) for a Tribute Summon, you can Tribute a Zombie monster(s) your opponent controls as if you controlled it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solar Batteryman
    https://ygorganization.com/herecomesthesunandisay/

FLOD-JP027 太陽電池メン Taiyou Denchiman (Solar Batteryman)
    Level 4 LIGHT Thunder Effect Monster
    ATK 1500
    DEF 1500
    You can only use each effect [among the (1)st, (2)nd, and (3)rd effects] with this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 Thunder monster from your Deck to the GY.
    (2) If another Thunder monster is Normal or Special Summoned while this card is already in a Monster Zone: Special Summon 1 “Batteryman Token” (Thunder/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0).
    (3) You can target 1 “Batteryman” Effect Monster on your field or in your GY; until the End Phase, this card’s name becomes that card’s name.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last 3 Elementsabers
    https://ygorganization.com/burrymenowandionlygetbiggerthatswordtograndsoil/

FLOD-JP019 Elementsaber Aina
    Level 2 EARTH Warrior Effect Monster
    ATK 900
    DEF 1800
    (1) Once per turn: You can send 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your hand to the GY, then target 1 “Elementsaber” or “Elemental Lord” monster, except “Elementsaber Aina” in your GY; Special Summon that target ignoring its Summoning conditions.
    (2) Once per turn, while this card is in your GY: You can declare 1 Attribute; until the end of this turn, the Attribute of this card in the GY becomes that declared Attribute.

Note: Aina is the Hawaiian Word for “Land”

FLOD-JP021 Elementsaber Nalu
    Level 3 WATER Warrior Effect Monster
    ATK 1500
    DEF 1000
    (1) Once per turn: You can send 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your hand to the GY, then target 1 “Elementsaber” or “Elemental Lord” monster in your GY, except “Elementsaber Nalu”; Add that target to your hand.
    (2) Once per turn, while this card is in your GY: You can declare 1 Attribute; until the end of this turn, the Attribute of this card in the GY becomes that declared Attribute.

Note: Nalu is the Hawaiian Word for “Wave”

FLOD-JP024 エレメントセイバー・モーレフ Elementsaber Molehu
    Level 4 DARK Warrior Effect Monster
    ATK 1900
    DEF 0
    (1) During either player’s turn: You can send 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your hand to the GY, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; change that target to face-down Defense Position.

Note: Molehu is Hawaiian for “Dusk” or “Twilight”
    Quote Originally Posted by Protron
    https://ygorganization.com/particlemanparticlemandoingthethingsaparticlecan/

FLOD-JP001 プロトロン Protron
    Level 1 EARTH Cyberse Normal Monster
    ATK 100
    DEF 100
    電子空間で見つから原種。その情報量は未知数。
    The first species found in cyberspace. The amount of information is unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeting Infinity
    https://ygorganization.com/hitotokinoyume/

FLOD-JP077 無限泡影 Mugen Houyou (Fleeting Infinity)
    Normal Trap Card
    If you control no cards, you can activate this card from your hand.
    (1) Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; that monster’s effects are negated until the end of that turn. If this Set Card is activated, also, during that turn, the effects of other Spell & Trap Cards in the same column as this card are negated.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 3rd January 2018 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little disappointed Vampire Sucker isn't visually an advanced retrain of this card.

Instead it looks like if Marceline and Bonnibell had a daughter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    A little disappointed Vampire Sucker isn't visually an advanced retrain of this card.

Instead it looks like if Marceline and Bonnibell had a daughter.
    I've seen the criticism that she's eschews the tradiational Vampire Archetype's art work style a handful of times by now.

I was surprised so many cared about it. Especially with how many tend to whine about the art "not being as good as [insert pretentious alternative here]" so often.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I've seen the criticism that she's eschews the tradiational Vampire Archetype's art work style a handful of times by now.

I was surprised so many cared about it. Especially with how many tend to whine about the art "not being as good as [insert pretentious alternative here]" so often.
    She does now that you've mentioned it, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Also, Happy New Year all!
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added Protron to the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    She does now that you've mentioned it, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Also, Happy New Year all!
    Same, though we're still just on the Eve over here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also Protron, yet another normal cyberse. It can be used to make Linkuroboh, but I don't see that being all that useful.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Added Protron to the first post.

Same, though we're still just on the Eve over here.
    Yeah, stuff tends to happen sooner here.
    Sanokal

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Space Insulator is a funny card. It reminds me of how early Xyz-era cards added a "can't be used as Synchro Material" clause because they were worried people would just use them for that instead. How unfounded those fears would be. And how poorly future-proofed, now that Links exist. Really should always do "this can only be used for X summon", instead of "this can't be used for Y summon" when a few years later they'll add Z summons. Tour Guide being the textbook example.

Seriously, though, what good is this thing if it can't be used for a Link summon? All I can think of is allowing a Security Dragon to have something to link to to allow its effect. But having it lower the attack of whatever it's summoned in front of be lowered by 800 seems even more counter-intuitive. It's a shame Summon Sorceress isn't Cyberse and/or Space Insulator didn't require it being a Cyberse monster, otherwise you could summon it back after summoning Summon Sorceress and then use its effect to get out a Cyberse monster from your deck and make a Link 4 play.

Vampire Sucker is way better, though. Good support for Vampires, good support for Zombies in general, absolutely hilarious with Zombie World, which will never be replaced by whatever new Field Spells they add in Zombie archtypes. Its art is kinda' lame, but whatever. It's good enough for me.

Unlike the damn Elementsabers. Not only are they super uncreative with their effects, for an already boring to fight against deck theme, their art is atrocious. Every man looks butt-ugly, every woman looks generically cute. It reeks of Fire Emblem background character design. What a waste of cool Hawaiian names...

...Protron... also I just realized this, but who decided that the last card to be reveled this year should be a normal monster? What kind of sick joke is that?

But hey, at least Solar Batteryman is boss af! Which is great because I love me some Batteryman. Granted I don't hugely care about its third effect because I'm not interested in a long-dead OTK, though it's shame they couldn't have made the name change carry over into it being in the grave until the end of the turn (which they clearly could do since they just made a bunch of monsters who can change attributes while in the grave) because then you could bring it back by summoning a Batteryman AAA and then being able to use its nifty mill effect again.

The only problem I have with it is that it's harder than it looks to summon a Thunder monster after having already summoned this guy for your normal summon. Unless you already have one of the Hunder parents out to get another normal summon, it usually requires flipping up a continuous trap to resummon something. Good thing Solar ensures you have something to summon in your grave, likely a 9-Volt.
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 1st January 2018 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    There's also Protron, yet another normal cyberse. It can be used to make Linkuroboh, but I don't see that being all that useful.
    I feel it being Level 1 makes it quite useful, especially if going that route with your Cyberse Deck using Draconet. It make and revive Linkuriboh, which is nice. Tri-Wight also becomes surprisingly easy to use if you do.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vampire Sucker is like those cards with Devil on its name: you know for sure that the TCG will change, but it could be to literally anything and no one knows what to expect.

By the way, Protron was actually the first monster of 2018, not the last of 2017. Japan is on a very early timezone.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly