User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [FLOD] Destroymare Iblee

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[FLOD] Destroymare Iblee

For something World Legacy related, at last.

https://ygorganization.com/draggedya...thedevilsshow/

One of the other World Legacy cards for the set has appearedÖ and itís a dark merger of Ib and Lee!

FLOD-JP017 夢幻崩界イヴリース Destroymare Everiese (Destroymare Iblee)
    Level 2 DARK Cyberse Effect Monster
    ATK 0
    DEF 0
    You can only use this card nameís (3) effect once per turn.
    (1) When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Link Monster in your GY; Special Summon it to your field linked to this card, but its ATK becomes 0 and its effects are negated.
    (2) This cardís controller cannot Special Summon monsters, except Link Monsters.
    (3) If this card is sent from your field to the GY: You can Special Summon this card to your opponentís field in Defense Position.

Source
    - - - Updated - - -

So, Lee shows her true colors, and has somehow combined with Ib? Yikes.

Her number intrigues me. What goes above her, then?

I quite like the effect, though it was tactfully made not to be able to bring back Monsters that don't have Left or Right Link Arrows. The 2nd effect is mean against any Deck that still doesn't use Link Monsters but still Special Summons. I mean, it's just mean.

Lastly, she was made for Link climbing, at that's just what she'll do, and she can put herself on the opponent's field if you feel it's best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, Konami just ninja'd me. I was going to share a card I created some days ago which is really similar to this one except it was Ritual support, it had almost the same effects, excluding the effect 1, and the second just restricted Special Summons from the Extra Deck instead of almost every Special Summon to avoid it being another Djinn Releaser. It's not the first time I get ninja'd by Konami like this, but it's ok I guess, at least this idea is now a reality, and I think this card is pretty good, even if it's more Link support and not the much needed Ritual support.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, new archetype. Judging from this card, I'm assuming all Destroymares will have horizontal arrows. I was going to say "Proxy Dragon seems good here", but then again Proxy Dragon is good in pretty much everything. She's basically just a Link climber you don't want to open with, since using the (3) is kinda risky as you're giving your opponent a free Link Material. However, she is 0/0 so one good thing you can do with her is going Proxy Dragon into Three Burst Blast Dragon and pierce for 2400.

Lorewise, I know something is going on, but I don't know what because I was not keeping up with the World Legacy stuff. I know Ib/Crowned was capture by the Mekk-knights in Key, but she's here now and Lee is somehow involved? Also, the kanji used in Destroymare reads as "world of crumbling dreams", which implies to me that she and the rest of her archetype don't exist in the material world, only inside dreams. Another thing interesting to point out about the name is that Ib and Lee's Japanese name (Lis) combine to form "Iblis", which is the name of the Islamic equivalent for Satan. Either the localization team was informed much earlier or they were very smart to predict this and preemptively censor this card's name before it was even a thing.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is immediately going in my Cyberse deck. She basically does what I've been using ROM Clouder for but far, far better.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Well, new archetype. Judging from this card, I'm assuming all Destroymares will have horizontal arrows. I was going to say "Proxy Dragon seems good here", but then again Proxy Dragon is good in pretty much everything. She's basically just a Link climber you don't want to open with, since using the (3) is kinda risky as you're giving your opponent a free Link Material. However, she is 0/0 so one good thing you can do with her is going Proxy Dragon into Three Burst Blast Dragon and pierce for 2400.

Lorewise, I know something is going on, but I don't know what because I was not keeping up with the World Legacy stuff. I know Ib/Crowned was capture by the Mekk-knights in Key, but she's here now and Lee is somehow involved?
    You don't have to Special Summon her to the opponent's field if you don't want to, as it's optional to do so. Also, even if they can Link Summon, it's possible that she can still clog and hinder them, depending on the Deck.

Basically, Ib was captured in Trap Globe along with the World Chalice Legacy. Once she was, the Mekk-Knights went after the others as World Scars, at which point Lee sneaks away in the chaos to reunite with Ib. Ib seemingly gets away somehow and finds the Chalice and a darkened Lee. And bam, she's possessed or whatever, and Lee also seems to absorb the Mekk-Knights sans Blue Sky, based on her projector colors and the art of World Legacy Inheritor.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10th January 2018 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    This is immediately going in my Cyberse deck. She basically does what I've been using ROM Clouder for but far, far better.
    Admittedly, RAM Clouder can revive any Cyberse and without negating its effects.

Still, I completely understand. RAM is best bringing back Link Monsters to favorable Zones and/or for Link climbing, unless there's a Lady-debugger you just gotta activate from the GY or something.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny how un-Cyberse this card looks, but they still had to make it so anyways because it works so well in Cyberse Link Climb.dek.

But yeah, really strong middle-to-late game card. Easily climbs into a higher Link provided you have something with a side arrow, not to mention creates a complete lock on your opponent's ability to SS if they aren't using Links, tributes or self-destruction effects. (And even then they'd need 2 self-destruction effects since you can just resummon it to your opponent's field when it goes back to your grave)

Also they really want to make 0 DEF Dark Cyberse a thing, don't they? If Gofu wasn't already limited, they'd probably have to hit Recurring Nightmare at some point...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Another thing interesting to point out about the name is that Ib and Lee's Japanese name (Lis) combine to form "Iblis", which is the name of the Islamic equivalent for Satan. Either the localization team was informed much earlier or they were very smart to predict this and preemptively censor this card's name before it was even a thing.
    Just about to comment this. Now, it makes more sense why they changed the name "Reese" to "Lee" (Even though this change is pretty awful IMO. There should be better names than this).

It seems that the "Star-shaped Spotlights" surrounding Lee means something. There are 6 of them now, and it seems that they're corresponding to her "allies". Currently, there are 6 Troymare with different attributes. Before, she is allied with Ib, Ningirsu, Auram, and Imduk, that also have different attributes.
    We also can see those spotlights die/change their color one by one throughout the story, until she's finally fully corrupted.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    (And even then they'd need 2 self-destruction effects since you can just resummon it to your opponent's field when it goes back to your grave)
    No, her effect activates from being sent from your side of the field to the graveyard.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She'll be fun with either Topologic. I think you can activate her effect after it's been summoned.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.