User Tag List

Thread: Skyfang Brigade From Deck Build Pack: Dark Savers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skyfang Brigade From Deck Build Pack: Dark Savers

The first look at Deck Build Pack: Dark Savers is here! A new theme based on swarming the field and generating advantage!

DBDS-JP023
    Kuugadan no Eiyuu Lafarl / Lafarl, Hero of the Skyfang Brigade
    Light Dragon / Effect
    LV8 2800/2200
    You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
    (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can activate this effect; excavate cards from the top of your Deck, equal to the number of “Skyfang Brigade” monsters you control with different names, except “Lafarl, Hero of the Skyfang Brigade”, add 1 of the excavated cards to your hand, and shuffle the others into the Deck.
    (2) When an opponent’s monster effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 “Skyfang Brigade” card; negate that activation.

DBDS-JP015
    Kuugadan no Hishou Recon / Recon, Skyscout of the Skyfang Brigade
    Wind Beast / Effect
    LV2 1000/500
    (1) During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 “Skyfang Brigade” monster from your hand, except “Recon, Skyscout of the Skyfang Brigade”.
    (2) If another “Skyfang Brigade” monster is Special Summoned to your field while this card is already face-up: You can target 1 Set card on the field; destroy it.

DBDS-JP014
    Kuugadan no Gekishu Donpa / Donpa, Marksman of the Skyfang Brigade
    Wind Beast / Effect
    LV2 500/1000
    (1) During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 “Skyfang Brigade” monster from your hand, except “Donpa, Marksman of the Skyfang Brigade”.
    (2) If another “Skyfang Brigade” monster is Special Summoned to your field while this card is already face-up: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy it.

DBDS-JP019
    Kuugadan no Toushi Blavo / Blavo, Fighter of the Skyfang Brigade
    Fire Reptile / Effect
    LV4 1900/200
    (1) During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 “Skyfang Brigade” monster from your hand, except “Blavo, Fighter of the Skyfang Brigade”.
    (2) If another “Skyfang Brigade” monster is Special Summoned to your field while this card is already face-up: You can activate this effect; all “Skyfang Brigade” monsters on the field gain 500 ATK/DEF until the end of this turn.

DBDS-JP017
    Kuugandan no Kenshi Beat / Beat, Swordman of the Skyfang Brigade
    Earth Warrior / Effect
    LV3 1200/500
    (1) During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 “Skyfang Brigade” monster from your hand, except “Beat, Swordsman of the Skyfang Brigade”.
    (2) If another “Skyfang Brigade” monster is Special Summoned to your field while this card is already face-up: You can add 1 “Skyfang Brigade” monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Beat, Swordsman of the Skyfang Brigade”.

DBDS-JP022
    Kuugadan no Eichi Wiz / Wiz, Sage of the Skyfang Brigade
    Water Spellcaster / Effect
    LV7 1600/2800
    (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can gain 500 LP for each “Skyfang Brigade” monster with a different name you control, except “Wiz, Sage of the Skyfang Brigade”.
    (2) When an opponent’s Spell/Trap Card is activated (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 “Skyfang Brigade” card; negate that activation.

DBDS-JP020
    Kuugadan no Koukou Sajita / Sajita, Solitary of the Skyfang Brigade
    Wind Wind Beast / Effect
    LV5 1200/2400
    You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
    (1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each “Skyfang Brigade” monster with a different name you control.
    (2) Your opponent cannot target “Skyfang Brigade” monsters you control for an attack, except this one.

DBDS-JP026
    Kuugadan Shuuren / Skyfang Brigade Training
    Continuous Trap Card
    You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
    (1) If a “Skyfang Brigade” monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or an opponent’s card effect: You can target 1 of those monsters; Special Summon 1 “Skyfang Brigade” monster from your Deck whose Level is lower than the original Level of that monster.

DBDS-JP024
    Hiryuutei – Fandra / Dragon Airship – Fandra
    Field Spell Card
    (1) Before you draw during your Draw Phase: You can add 1 “Skyfang Brigade” monster from your Deck to your hand instead of drawing.
    (2) If you control 5 “Skyfang Brigade” monsters with different names: You can send this card from your Field Zone to the GY; destroy all cards your opponent controls, but your opponent takes no further damage until the end of this turn.

https://yu-gi-oh.jp/index.php?page=details&&id=186

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The concept looks interesting, but I don't think this deck will be meta, especially because the Spell and the Trap revealed don't look powerful enough. And unless they get a lot of draw power and searchers/recyclers for the monsters, their potential will be greatly limited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These guys seem to be one of the better examples of "boring but practical" in this game. I like their concept and designs, but they're too linear for my tastes.
    To curb an abundance of sodium chloride, bring plenty to drink.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it already been said the art on the pack looks like the legacy archetype will be vampires? Maybe that's what 'Sucker came out for.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, Lafarl really got my hopes up for an archtype that could mesh well with Felgrand. These guys look like something out of a soulless 3D kids show and play just the same.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    These guys look like something out of a soulless 3D kids show
    I didn't want to come out and say it but I guess I'm not the only one who felt that way.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I didn't want to come out and say it but I guess I'm not the only one who felt that way.
    Trust me, when it comes to (petty) complaints about YGO, you're never alone with me around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Art-wise they're gorgeous, but I agree on them being boring effect-wise: Their first effect is the same for everyone, and the second is pretty standard and shared by hundred of other archetypes, with the only difference being the triggering condition (Shaddoll and Krawler, just to name a few).
    I like the field spell though. Searching in the draw phase at the cost of not drawing an additional card is a novelty and grants balance, since it doesn't give the player the absurd card advantage most field spells grant nowadays (Spiral Resort, for example).

Oh, and yeah, I also think the other archetype will be vampire. I'm looking forward to seeing them!
    Last edited by BBDD; 18th January 2018 at 08:55 AM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.