User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vendreads

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    I already stated that. I hoped the rituals to be based off of iconic spawn characters, not just have only spawn (slayer) while the effect monsters are swarm based resident evil monsters such as zombies or dogs (which is being done well), but the archetype is just spawn and resident evil monsters no Angella, clown or anyone else of mention form the spawn series.
    Ah. I hadn't quite grasped what you were after. You want more Vendread translations of Spawn characters outside Spawn himself.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    I already stated that. I hoped the rituals to be based off of iconic spawn characters, not just have only spawn (slayer) while the effect monsters are swarm based resident evil monsters such as zombies or dogs (which is being done well), but the archetype is just spawn and resident evil monsters no Angella, clown or anyone else of mention form the spawn series.
    Although Angela is not a Spawn character anymore. She is now owned by Marvel... and is now Thor's sister who was killed as an infant during Odin's war against the Angels of the Tenth Realm, "Heven". ;P

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks more like they are just generic Horror movie/game themes to me

yes I still exist
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    looks more like they are just generic Horror movie/game themes to me

yes I still exist
    Ah, the Kaiser returns. Heard about the fork?
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Ah, the Kaiser returns. Heard about the fork?
    Nope, what the fuck have I missed?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Nope, what the fuck have I missed?
    This:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Proposal_to_Fork_to_Yugipedia?useskin=oasis
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    holy shit, at last those Videos will die

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    To start, I ended up with a 60 card Deck. I personally don't mind playing those in general, but I thought to mention it first in case it may be a problem.

Anyway, I use 3 Slayer, 1 Chimera, and 2 Battle Lord. Battle Lord's Level of 7 makes it a very alluring card, and I used 3 Reunion to try and capitalize on that Level. I keep one Chimera and have Summoned it a couple times in my small handful of Duels.

One of the reasons my Deck is as large as it is is because I want to give respectful due to the Vendread while using Mezuki and Uni-Zombie. I use 3 of both along with 3 Solitaire and 1 each of Style Slash, Smith, and Spectral Sword, but that last part is still rough; I'm blanking on that combo that gets Smith and Solitaire in the GY and Omega on the Field so you can Ritual Summon and banish both and Summon back Smith, and Spectral Sword, though it hasn't been a problem, hasn't been as boonful in my small handful of games. I only use 1 Style Slash so far for room's sake, but I kinda want it at 2. I've also been using 1 Infinite Transience, and it saved me once, so I want to try 2, too. Last but not least, I've using 2 Goblin Zombies instead of Gozuki.

Since I eye to set up Reunion whenever possible, I use 3 Allures, too.

For the Vendreads that aren't Rituals, I have 3 Cores, which I love, and 2 of each of the others.

This all seems a mishmash, but it works better than it looks, and between Nights, Reunion and the new wave, I feel things work better as a Deck than it did before. The only issue is that the lack of a 2nd Ritual Spell, Pre-Prepable or not, is starting to show its wear on the Deck, now that it has more pieces to it. I think that'll solve itself in May, though.
    I don't usually like 60-cards decks, but I understand the reason and could give it a try.
    I get you're focusing the deck more on Reunion rather than the actual ritual spell, which, while odd, seems cool and unique and has its own logic too. Reunion requires the materials to be banished rather than on the field, and Core can help you in that. I'll give it a try as soon as I put my hands on the new cards.

Btw, if you play the Shiranui engine, I strongly recommend you to try at least one Gozuki, since it combos very well with Solitaire (giving you access to double Omega) and the yet-to-be-released Crystron link monster (for Quasar+draw 3).
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    I don't usually like 60-cards decks, but I understand the reason and could give it a try.
    I get you're focusing the deck more on Reunion rather than the actual ritual spell, which, while odd, seems cool and unique and has its own logic too. Reunion requires the materials to be banished rather than on the field, and Core can help you in that. I'll give it a try as soon as I put my hands on the new cards.

Btw, if you play the Shiranui engine, I strongly recommend you to try at least one Gozuki, since it combos very well with Solitaire (giving you access to double Omega) and the yet-to-be-released Crystron link monster (for Quasar+draw 3).
    For me, the existence of Reunion justifies itself enough that it isn't an odd choice to want to play it as often as possible. Really, the card's a powerful one for what it does do for the Deck; I liken it to a "Miracle Fusion follow-up to a Polymerization play that's convenient enough in what it does on its own". Mind you, I use 3 Revendread Origin and 3 Pre-Preparation of Rites, but still. I love resolving Reunion, especially to Summon Battle Lord using Houndhorde and Revenants. It's one "catch" is that it can't be searched on demand, but with these new cards, Core and Battle Lord in particular, I felt it worth playing as best as doable with it.

How does Gozuki make the combo(es) you're referring to, even at 1?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    For me, the existence of Reunion justifies itself enough that it isn't an odd choice to want to play it as often as possible. Really, the card's a powerful one for what it does do for the Deck; I liken it to a "Miracle Fusion follow-up to a Polymerization play that's convenient enough in what it does on its own". Mind you, I use 3 Revendread Origin and 3 Pre-Preparation of Rites, but still. I love resolving Reunion, especially to Summon Battle Lord using Houndhorde and Revenants. It's one "catch" is that it can't be searched on demand, but with these new cards, Core and Battle Lord in particular, I felt it worth playing as best as doable with it.

How does Gozuki make the combo(es) you're referring to, even at 1?
    Yeah, I'm playtesting a more Reunion-centric build and have to say it, it does miracles when you can resolve it. And when you can't, you can usually play with the rest of the deck just fine.
    Sometimes is a little bricky though, and that's the reason I'm trying to build a 40-cards deck with the same focus.

As for the combos:
    Final field: Omega in EMZ+Omega banished
    Requirements: Shiranui Solitaire+Mezuki in hand, Gozuki either in hand or Main Deck, another card in hand (if Gozuki is in the deck).
    Steps:
    1| Summon Solitaire and tribute it for Uni-Zombie.
    2| Dump Gozuki from the Deck/discard it from the hand. Resolve the effect, banish Solitaire and summon Mezuki from the hand.
    3| Synchro Summon Omega, immediately banish it.
    4| Banish Mezuki to summon Gozuki.
    5| Use Gozuki's effect to bump another Mezuki.
    6| Banish Mezuki to summon Uni-Zombie.
    7| Bump/discard whatever you want and make it lv4, then synchro summon another Omega.

Final Field: Quasar plus three cards drawn.
    Requirements: Shiranui Solitaire+Mezuki, Gozuki either in hand or Main Deck, Crystron Needlefiber (yet-to-be-released in the TCG), Glow-up Bulb in the deck.
    Steps:
    1| and 2| as above.
    3| Link summon Crystron Needlefiber, summon Glow-up Bulb.
    4| Banish Mezuki from the GY, summon Gozuki, use its effect to bump another Mezuki.
    5| Synchro Summon Hyper Librarian.
    6| Resurrect Glow-up Bulb with its own effect, and Gozuki with Mezuki.
    7| Synchro Summon another Librarian.
    8| During the opponent's Main Phase, tribute Needlefiber to Synchro Summon Frmula Synchron, draw 3 (1 for Formula and 2 for the Librarians).
    9| Still during your opponent's Main Phase, use Formula's effect to synchro summon Quasar using itself and the 2 Librarians.

Note that you can use this Last combo to synchro summon Naturia Beast too (Gozuki+Bulb).
    Last edited by BBDD; 2nd February 2018 at 11:39 AM.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.